[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I succeed in music and make it a way of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IanCurtis.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IanCurtis.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>19
>Dropped out of college twice mainly because I couldn't find any interest aside from music
>Been playing guitar for about 7 years though I never went to music school
>Play every day
>Always the one to write the lyrics
>Learned all I know from the internet
>Play fairly well
>Weakness is composition

Anyway, I'd like to become a musician and go to art school, but I don't know how far I could go knowing shit about composition. I really don't care about having low income and living in an apartment the rest of my life.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
>>61806031
Let's start a band bro
>>
composition isn't something you can learn, it's a talent you obviously don't have (I do though haha)
>>
Let me tell you the secret to composition
YOU HAVE TO WRITE
WRITE YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER
WRITE EVERY FUCKING DAY
Write every fucking idea that your stupid head can come up with
And record yourself playing that shit no matter how terrible it sounds
And keep writing and recording and NEVER STOP EVER
And if God or Allah or Buddha or whoever else wills it then one day IT WILL HAPPEN
But you have to start writing
RIGHT NOW
>>
>>61806189
I'll take your advice.
>>
>>61806189
THIS IS FUCKING ACCURATE
>>
>>61806189
This is true. I wrote a lot of fucking music before I started getting any good after like 3 years of trying

Also I write music, and have a vision and mostly fleshed out songs that I need to be played with a band. I sing and play guitar and I need a lead guitarist to my rhythm. If you want to play and are in the same area (East coast USA) then maybe we could rok it
>>
>>61806189
WRITE WHAT
>>
>>61806423
ANYTHING THAT COMES INTO YOUR FUCKING HEAD.
>>
>>61806031
my problem is the opposite. I play guitar but not really a good singer. lyrics come out alright but my voice is shit. want to collaborate?
>>
who in ottawa
>>
>>61806031
Remember that Bowie had a lot of failure at first before he became a legend
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>61806740
MFW Jack White, Bob Dylan, Conor Oberst, and Isaac Brock all had pretty meh to awful voices on their first records. Man the fuck up and scream at the crowd. Chances are the sound guy will be shit anyways.
>>
>>61806189
There is no god you faggot

But other than that, WRITE YOUR FUCKING ASS OFF OP. WRITE ANYTHING. INSTRUMENTALS, LYRICS, YOU NAME IT. GOD SPEED AND GOD BLESS.
>>
>>61806031
here's an idea

make so much shit the world has no choice but to listen to you, work on your craft my man
>>
>>61806075
top cringe friend ;)
>>
>>61807663
I tip my fedora to you my edgy friend
>>
being a successful musician has nothing to do with school (although it helps), making it in the entertainment industry is by making connections and networking and having some luck.
I suggest you move to California or jew york and start kissing ass.
Another thing is you have to make yourself valuable, you have to make record companies think kids love you, and record companies love that cause kids have cash.
You got to get popular on the internets, capture the zeitgeist of the youth, wear cool clothes, have a cool image, have a fresh sound.
>>
probably not

if you want to make a living from music you should really be primarily interested in the music industry, not playing or composing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.