[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is experiencing music on DXM worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: lsd.jpg (77KB, 610x335px) Image search: [Google]
lsd.jpg
77KB, 610x335px
Is experiencing music on DXM worth it?
>>
>is listening to music worth it?
No
>>
worth what?
the $8 you spent on the DXM?
the time it takes to put music on?

just fucking turn some music on and see what you think
is it worth listening to music while you're on DXM? yes
is it worth doing DXM? not really
>>
Absolutely, are you kidding? DXM, in particular, is one of, if not the best drug to listen to music on.
>>
do ketamine instead
>>
>>61798786
How is it compared to weed anon?
>>
>>61798786
Why is this though? I've done some psychedelics but never bothered to try DXM, it would be cool to know why people keep telling me this.
>>
>>61798792
This.
>>
>>61798808
because it helps take your mind off of how terrible you feel
and you might forget for a few minutes that you're pathetic enough to get high off of fucking (non-prescription) cough syrup
>>
Listen m8. Get a gram of dog. fucking get smashed. put some Basic Channel on. fucking mint
>>
dude
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (357KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
357KB, 600x600px
>>61798747
YES.
Pic related.
>>
>>61798786
Why? It's shitty and machine-like

>>61798792
To have a much shorter and more visually psychedelic experience maybe but DXM is a different kind of thing

>>61798851
So do a lot of things but with DXM if you do enough, you will forget you are a human being very quickly. I don't see what it being sourced from otc cough syrup has to do with anything. Would taking pure DXM Hydrochloride salt be a more rewarding experience (surely it would be cleaner/better - still not as clean/safe as maybe somethiing like lsd or a serotonergic)? All drugs exist in a cultural matrix according to Wade Davis that alter our experience but there's no reason to think of DXM as "just a shitty teenage high" or "cough syrup high" rather than a dissociative anesthetic like ketamine or pcp or mk801 et al or an nmda antagonist
>>
>>61798786
better than music on lsd?
>>
i heard you can get high from smoking banana peels
>>
>>61799055
yea that's all well and good but the fact remains that it's supposed to be for coughs and it makes your stomach feel terrible and it's horrible for your body and it is definitely just a shitty teenage high
>>
>>61799130
Ketamine is anesthesia for animals
PCP was patented as a pharmaceutical by Parke Davis Co (like practically ever other illicit drug)
>>
>>61799055
machine like compared to what?
>>
i listened to sigur ros when i did dxm and it was one of the coolest things i've ever experienced. in general when i trip i only listen to music if i feel like it, though. there have been times where i preferred not to

that being said, it's not really worth doing dxm at all if you aren't hitting third plateau
>>
>>61799221
This if you can put on music you aren't taking enough dex
>>
sometimes music sounds like shit on dissocatives

like it sounds thin and metallic and it just is shit

but sometimes its amazing
>>
>Due to dextromethorphan's SSRI (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor)-like action, the sudden cessation of recreational dosing in tolerant individuals can result in mental and physical withdrawal symptoms similar to the withdrawal from SSRIs. These withdrawal effects can manifest as psychological effects, including depression, irritability, cravings, and as physical effects, including lethargy, body aches, and a sensation of unpleasant tingling, not unlike a mild "electric shock".[7][8]

>A formal survey of dextromethorphan users[19] showed that more than half of users reported experience of the following withdrawal-symptoms individually for the first week after long-term/addictive dextromethorphan use: fatigue, apathy, flashbacks, and constipation. Over a quarter reported insomnia, nightmares, anhedonia, impaired memory, attention deficit and decreased libido. Rarer side effects included panic attacks, impaired learning, tremor, jaundice, urticaria (hives) and myalgia. DXM has also been "known to increase the frequency of complex partial seizures in epileptics by 25% compared to placebo."[20] Frequent and long-term usage at high doses could possibly lead to toxic psychosis and other permanent psychological problems.

>Erectile dysfunction and diminished libido can be a longer-term effect (years to decades) of many narcotic analgesics due to development of central hypogonadism; this appears especially common in individuals with significant melanin deficiencies, as the hormones tied to melanin production affect the absorption and conversion of these analgesics into progesterone.[21] Additionally, the haplotypes of about 48% of the indigenous population of Britain aggravate the condition, as the E647 sequence underwent epigenetic degradation and became a pseudogene. The chance of vulnerability is doubled for males, as the critical sequence is located on the X chromosome.[22]

interesting about brits, i would never have expected that
>>
>>61799217
sober reality
cannabis
classical psychedelics
almost any other type of drug
>>
>>61798747
yes, I rec her name is calla
>>
>>61798747
I'd say so, if only once or twice.

>>61799055
>machine like

That's accurate, but it can be very interesting to be on a seemingly different plane. In my experience DXM is like the inverse of psychedelics like LSD: the latter make you feel connected and "at one" with your surroundings, while the former take you completely inside yourself.
Anyway, complex, machine-y music is usually a great go-to. I'd recommend
>Oneohtrix Point Never
>Death Grips
>Arca
>Aphex Twin
>2 8 1 4
>Techno Animal
>etc.
Have fun on the plateaus, OP.
>>
>>61801593
>>Oneohtrix Point Never
>>Death Grips
>>Arca
>>Aphex Twin
>>2 8 1 4
>>Techno Animal
>>etc.
literal meme taste
>>
>>61798781
8 dollars?

They sell the generic equivalent at dollar stores.
>>
>>61801593

Also DXM makes movies cool, like Eraserhead. Yea it's not like tripping but you are absorbed into the art in a unique way.
>>
>>61801785
movies on dxm are pretty crazy

i watched john dies at the end for the first time on dxm and it was pretty crazy it was like i was part of the movie in a way
>>
File: dmx.jpg (45KB, 394x600px) Image search: [Google]
dmx.jpg
45KB, 394x600px
>>61798747
Is experiencing DMX worth it?
>>
>>61802189
>listen to DXM while on DMX
holy shit
>>
>>61802322
I think you got that backwards.
>>
>>61798796
lmao
>>
DXM seems dangerous 2bh
along with Ketamine etc, there's not a lot of research and all that Ive seen points towards permanent damage
>>
>>61800382
and why is that bad?
>>
>>61798747
nah
>>
If you do take DXM, listen to Rerex or James Ferraro in general.
>>
>>61799469
I used to do DXM so much that certain sound frequencies would give me seizures. Weird.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.