[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT your favorite musician, band & the reason why you lurk /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 19

ITT your favorite musician, band & the reason why you lurk /mu/
>>
Can't decide on a favourite artist, but I browse /mu/ in search of discussions about old (like, pre-psych) music.

They're rare.
>>
File: 233113.jpg (66KB, 550x537px) Image search: [Google]
233113.jpg
66KB, 550x537px
>>
File: Bruce_dickinson_discovery.jpg (115KB, 616x782px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_dickinson_discovery.jpg
115KB, 616x782px
>>61797923
Iron Maiden is my favorite band.
Matter of Life and Death is my favorite of their albums.
I lurk /mu/ because I like music but I'm too lazy to seek out good music on my own, and I like to hear obscure garbage and see Deathgrips memes.
>>
John Floreani
Trophy Eyes
Because I like to hear the opinions of hipsters
>>
File: isagadasdh.png (37KB, 612x299px) Image search: [Google]
isagadasdh.png
37KB, 612x299px
>>61798389
>>
Derth Graps
I'm here for the memes and to shitpost
>>
>>61799898
>Derth Graps
+ Kanye
I'm also here to shitpost
>>
>>61799122
Gangland is the weakest track on Beast.
>>
i like chvrches
i like to post unironically in waifu threads and shitpost everywhere else
>>
>>61797923
>Favorite Musician: Q-Tip
>Favorite Band: Megadeth
>Reason Why I lurk: To look for new music to listen to
>>
Panda Bear is my favorite artist.

I'm here to look for new music and get recs, but I like the humor here somewhat.
>>
Fiona Apple

I look to hoarde enough music to the point of satisfaction, then leave until the annual AOTY threads
>>
Guster.
Trying to broaden what I listen to, find new stuff. Fairly certain I'll just get torn apart if I posted my tastes in here.
>>
>Sufjan
>Kraftwerk

I don't even know why I come here anymore to be honest
>>
St. Vincent

It's something to do, even if there's a lot of shitposting it keeps me busy mostly. Also I've found some cool stuff on here so that happening occasionally is worth it too. Also music news is often posted on here from various sites.
>>
>future
>pink floyd
>to waste time idk
>>
File: image.gif (13KB, 499x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
13KB, 499x439px
for musician, probably a tie between Townes Van Zandt, Souad Massi and Johnny Cash
My favorite band is Bad Brains
memes
>>
Buckethead
Modest Mouse
To find new music, and you guys have pretty patrician taste desu. Except for Montie. He's the exception.
>>
>Mark Knopfler
>Led Zeppelin
>Boredom
>>
Nirvana or pink Floyd. I come to discover music and for lelz
>>
File: 1430715520216.jpg (2MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
1430715520216.jpg
2MB, 2304x3072px
Liz
Liz
Liz
>>
favorite musician in terms of their role in the band is geologist of animal collective
animal collective
i first came here from /v/ when i was 16 and first getting into "indie" and wanted to see if mu had anything good on it and was surprised to find ppl talking about animal collective, thrn i found the other side of mu which was funposting and it all went downhill fromt here
>>
File: plated.gif (33KB, 310x572px) Image search: [Google]
plated.gif
33KB, 310x572px
>i don't even know anymore
>jawbreaker
>i used to be into some of the /mu/core a few years back but lately i'm just here for noise, bandcamp and soundcloud threads.
>>
>>61797923
Daft Punk. and because I like finding new music through /mu/
>>
Taylor Swift
Talk Talk

Dunno. I don't like it here. People are either too serious about music or not serious enough. But occasionally there's someone nice to talk to. I don't have any friends so some of you guys are the best I have.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 500x332px
Because 18 year old virgin who actually has a lot of guys talk to her but curves every single one of them and never goes out bc of crippling depression and anxiety and feels a sense of belonging here even though still fresh off the boat from tumblr 2 years after she stopped using it and is offended by a lot of the things you people say about women but secretly likes it
>>
Lil Ugly Mane

I lurk /mu/ because I use to think my music taste was superior to everybody else's, but when i browse /mu/ it makes me realize just how vast the world of music is and just how unimportant my opinion really is. And to be real honest /mu/ probably has the best taste compared to other music forums such as reddit
>>
>>61797923
devin townsend
skinny puppy
couldnt tell you
>>
>>61797923
I browse /mu/ because I sometimes find pretty cool new music here and I like the memes

its also the perfect speed imo not too fast or slow
>>
fav artist: daniel lupatin
I browse /mu/ because of the sharethreads + the memes here tend to be rather dank
>>
Richard D. James
Sweet Trip, hard to definitively say though
because I'm lonely, like the culture and music is one of the only things I derive enjoyment from
>>
>>61797923

I couldn't pin a lifetime favorite down, but my current flavor is Two Gallants.

Favorite single musician is likely Jerry Cantrell.

I lurk /mu/ for /gg/ mostly. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the cringe threads.
>>
Kanye atm

Beach House

Sharethreads/shugazi threads/I'm actually lonely as fuck and some of you assholes are alright
>>
File: 1451995135568.jpg (18KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1451995135568.jpg
18KB, 340x372px
Daniel Johnston

The Modern Lovers

You guys are my friends :^)
>>
Tim buckley

fav band is too hard, but GY!BE made my favorite album by a band (f#a#)

because i hate my life
>>
Modest Mouse

Here to find new music and distract myself from writing lyrics.
>>
>>61797923
Musician: John Frusciante
Band: Soundgarden
Definently boredom...
>>
>>61801097
sup anna
>>
Musician: Brian Eno
Band: MBV
Reason: get recs
>>
File: 1452732199985.png (346KB, 816x785px) Image search: [Google]
1452732199985.png
346KB, 816x785px
>Vangelis
>Fishmans
>Sharethreads mostly, though I browse the catalog and sometimes one off threads are appealing
>>
Daniel Rossen, Glassjaw, I hate myself but not enough to live in my car until I starve to death
>>
>>61797923
dont have one
old gray
hear new music and debate the quality of stuff ive heard
>>
>>61797923
is that phreak
>>
Thom York is my favourite musician
Casker is my favourite band

I'm only here because I make music and sometimes there are fun threads between all the shitposting, tripfags, and overflow from /b/.
>>
>>61801097
h-hi
>>
>>61804543
that's not my name but you should go and tell this anna girl that everything's gonna be okay
>>
>>61804893
everything isnt gonna be okay
most things arent, except that and learn to recover instead of waiting for everything to change
>>
>>61804893
No
>>
>>61804919
thanks
>>
>Bowie
>Sonic Youth
>I like posting last.fm 5x5s
>>
>>61804919
What.... I wasn't asking for sympathy I was suggesting that that other anon go talk to the person he mistook me for. But okay
>>
>>61804985
I have to go get some papers anna it was nice talking to you.
>>
>>61805017
Jeff, she's not coming back. I'm sorry.
>>
>>61804985
and i was saying your advice is wrong
and you only gave that advice because you thought it would go out to someone stuck in the same situation as you, so i directed it towards you
i bet youve heard that sentence a hundred time "everything gets better" you know why that never helped you or anyone else no matter how many times it was said? its because its not true anon. dont live your life hoping that it is or you will never get better and you will never be happy
>>
>>61805101
Implying you know anything about my life or my mindset... I know from experience that things do get better and I'm sorry that you're so sad that you believe otherwise. Here for you if you need a friend
>>
>>61805188
NVM car is blocked so I'm not going to go get some papers. We can continue our conversation
>>
>>61805042
we're just old friends.
>>
>>61805188
>Here for you if you need a friend
kik?
>>
File: 1349647690510.png (289KB, 1070x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1349647690510.png
289KB, 1070x1070px
Daft Punk

Because sometimes you guys come through on recommendations/humor. Sometimes.
>>
>>61805188
someone else is trying to talk to you at the same time so im gonna namefag now to avoid confusion

you completely missed my point anon, and dont just go on the defensive and blow me off or try to push my buttons
you said it yourself your sad, and you said your struggling with anxiety. that everything gets better mentality is not helping you. im trying to tell you to stop expecting things to change so easily. life just doesnt get better over time you need to work at things like this. you need to put in the effort and bust your ass day in and day out to get where you want to be in this world. and some things dont get better, some things dont get fixed, and someones dont ever heal but you live with it. you move past your scars and you find something else to live for
i might come across as a dick and i doubt im getting my point across at all but im trying to help because i care, i might not even know you, and you might not even want to hear what im saying but i honestly and wholeheartedly care and want you to know that all blind hope will get you is further down the spiral. no everything wont get better but thats okay. whats important is to work at what you can change and find what will make you feel okay
>>
>>61805458
>someones dont ever heal
some wounds not someones sorry
>>
>>61805458
shit I really should have ran this through spell check first xD
>>
>>61805495
you really gotta steal my name dude?
>>
i lurk here cos a girl i'm in love with might still, otherwise fuck all of you guys except the tripfags of course
>>
>>61805458
>might not even want to hear what im saying but i honestly and wholeheartedly care and want you to know that all blind hope will get you is further down the spiral.
the irony
>>
>>61805547
blind hope doesnt help anon. it makes you give up on trying and just wait for things to go your way. it makes people lazy and it makes people get trapped in this cycle of self hate and depression
im not talking out of my ass here ive been there, im being as real as i can be
>>
>>61805458
thank you for your concern seriously but I am fully aware of the point you are trying to get across. I have no "blind hope". That is not my mentality. I work my ass off just to avoid staying in bed all day. My initial comment was just based on a general concern for someone who might be going through the same thing. It doesn't hurt to offer words of comfort to someone who's having a rough time.
>>
>>61805594
you have blind hope that shes gunna be impacted by your advice guy
>>
>>61797923

xanthur
beachhouse

boredom
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 182x278px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 182x278px
The mountain goats, They might be giants or pink floyd, To find new music and discussion of obscurities like the cardiacs or les rallizes denudes.

unrelated image to get your attention.
>>
Brody Dalle
The Distillers (don't worry, I do listen to non mainstream punk....)

Because why the fuck not.
>>
>>61805619
those comforting words if taken literally can be self destructive anon.
and alot of times those words cause nothing but eye rolls from people who seriously need help
i just want you to think about it next time you tell someone everything gets better, because thats not the way to comfort someone. it might be the most overused and if not the most common expression but people need to hear something different from that
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 185x272px
>>61797923
I'm bored and I also want some justification for my decision to pursue music instead of college. Losing that justification every fuckin day.
>>
File: dm.jpg (70KB, 540x636px) Image search: [Google]
dm.jpg
70KB, 540x636px
depeche mode

lurking /punk/ generals for new recommendations
>>
>>61805760
the words can destroy themselves?
>>
>>61805760
Oh my god let it go...... The comment was basically just me taking the piss out of a guy who thought I was someone he knew
>>
>>61805811
>thought
>>
Phil Elverum

The Microphones

Sharethreads. Sometimes I try to have an actual discussion about music
>>
>>61805822
Correct
>>
>>61805811
alright fine fuck it, you try to have a good discussion with people
do what you want i dont own you.
>>
>>61805881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndBjraV-3UY
>>
File: 1453007665298.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453007665298.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
Jason Aldean. Reason? Old boots, new dirt.
>>
I don't have a favorite musician
Favorite band is Caddywhompus

I lurk /mu/ because in late 2011 I was unemployed, got kicked out of my apartment and had to drop everything and move to the opposite end of the country. During the depressive transition I had a lot of time on my hands so I listened to shitloads of all kinds of music, just trying to take everything in. I found sharethreads and I've been here ever since.

I lurk now out of habit, though. A lot of the meme/joke threads I just pass by because they seem a lot more pointless than ever before, and as a result I barely post
>>
Björk
Tortoise

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I've been depressed since early adolescence, and that because of this my hedonic ceiling is extremely low, and music is the best way I know to pass my time
P.S.: I would be using drugs, but no friends or money :/
>>
>>61806079
if your in the upstate new york area i can help you out on the drug connects
>>
>>61797923
hard to choose. AnCo maybe

because listening to music is one of my only hobbies outside of skateboarding and smoking weed
>>
>>61806097
nj. close, but no blunt.
>>
Ty Segall, Pixies, and to find music to listen to
>>
>>61801097
are you really not her
>>
jg thirlwell
crayon
I was happy here once
>>
>>61806395
anon she said she wasn't even if shes lying shes not gonna tell you
>>
>>61797923
David Bowie
Rush
Guitar Threads, mostly
>>
>>61806419
i could put pressure on her
>>
For musician I guess it's a tie between Frank Turner and Andy Falkous.
I'm here for the dank memes
>>
>>61806368
>and to find music to listen to
You're in the wrong place man. This place is shit.
>>
>>61806461
that wont work. she seems like the type of person to just try to dismiss you until she cant handle it anymore then close out the thread
>>
>>61806502
don't do that
>>
>>61806558
i have no control
>>
>>61806566
i know.
>>
File: 1446238588448.png (37KB, 331x224px) Image search: [Google]
1446238588448.png
37KB, 331x224px
>>61797923
I honestly have a lot but I guess Jeff Rosenstock and John Galm are at the top of my list right now
You guys share some good music and sometimes have good discussion.
>>
Daft Punk

Because it can be funny
>>
I don't know what my favorite of all time is. But my current favorite is Twenty One Pilots. I lurk /mu/ to find new stuff to listen to.
>>
The Velvet Underground

I like getting the recs and that no one really over-analyses the music to he extent of other music forums. Cringe threads are top notch as well
>>
>>61806395
I can prove that I'm not anna if it matters that much to you. What country are you from
>>
>having a favorite musician

I like to come here to laugh at underage plebs (all of you)
>>
>>61797923
Gridlink/Discordance Axis

the ride never ends
>>
this thread needs to chill lma o like a butter cup
>>
P-Funk.

I come here to scoff at all you retards that let pitchfork dictate what music to listen to.
>>
File: 1411205544566.png (1MB, 1016x928px) Image search: [Google]
1411205544566.png
1MB, 1016x928px
Trent Reznor

It used to be to have fun, spill fresh memes, and hang with the senpai. But the current mods.. tsk tsk tsk
>>
death grips and I'm here to see how more inferior everyone else is in terms of efficiency with regard to music related tasks such as listening for quality sound
>>
>>61808890
USA. It doesn't matter very much
>>
I come here to shitpost, like I've been doing for literally the past 10 years.
>>
>>61810406
It's just that your post matched up with what know about her a lot
>>
>>61797923
>Musician
John Coltrane
>Band
Art Ensemble of Chicago (Or Swans)
>Reason
I need something to do while I hang out on skype.
>>
I don't have a favorite, but RDJ if I had to

I only come here for prod, bleep, memes and the occasional synth general.
>>
File: aic.jpg (150KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
aic.jpg
150KB, 1401x788px
>Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley
I lurk looking for bass threads.
>>
Favorite band is Godspeed You! Black Emperor

I wouldn't lurk this horrible fucking board if it weren't for the dank af sharethreads.
>>
Favorite artist is Pat the Bunny

i come here for the sharethreads
>>
>>61797923
>favorite musician
Bowie
No idea what my favorite band is
I lurk mu because i dont know where else to go
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.