[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that couldn't be made today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Jcs_us_cover.png (103KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jcs_us_cover.png
103KB, 298x300px
ITT: Albums that couldn't be made today.
>>
This thread will be interesting
>>
>>61796591
>not the movie
Dennen is unparalleled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhru3GXbkHY
>>
File: download (22).jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (22).jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>61796591
Paul's Botique by the Beastie Boys. No album that uses this many samples will ever be made again, it would be too expensive for the rights. I guess they got sued by some of the artists too
>>
>>61797229
>No album that uses this many samples will ever be made again
there is tons of music now that is literally made up of nothing but samples, is this some sort of troll?
>>
>>61797284
Okay I guess what I mean is big name samples that are as varied as this without any regard for who owned the music/show/movie whatever. I know that this album was a big reason for a lot of new rules concerning music licensing. You may be right though. I guess if you have the money to shell out or don't mind possibly getting sued you can make whatever you want
>>
>>61797229
you might want to listen to The Books for that samples remark.
>>
>>61797284
>>61798134

yeah no established band on a major label can make an album like Paul's Botique under current laws.

A bunch of unknown poorfags giving their shit away on bandcamp or wherever can though, and do so much easier than the Beastie Boys could from a recording standpoint
>>
>>61798238
There we go. That's what I was trying to say. Thanks
>>
>>61798170
Are they good?
>>
>>61798426
extremely. start with their first, Thought For Food. Lost and safe is ok, the lemon of pink, music for french elevators and the way out are pretty damn good, but they are very sample based. not song samples. just samples of daily life, normal sounds. i have never said this before but pitchforks review of their first album is a good read if you are interested
>>
>>61798523
Cool, I'll check em out thanks
>>
>>61796873
DEEOOOWWWWNNNTT LET ME STOP YOUR GREAT SELF-DESTRUCTSHEOWN!
>>
>>61796873
the only shit thing about the movie was the fucking king herod

he was awful
>>
File: 2328076.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2328076.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.