[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate this album but all my friends like it, and I want to like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
I hate this album but all my friends like it, and I want to like it too. What do I do?
>>
>>61796326
sleep
>>
>>61796326

Get better taste in music...or friends
>>
>>61796326
What do you hate about it?
>>
The last two songs of this album combined are among the best album closers I've ever heard. Time is amazing. I'm not the biggest fan of Money but I still like it.
If you don't like more avant-garde stuff you can keep the first three songs.
If you don't care for instrumentals you can also skip The great gig in the sky and Any Colour you like (but it's your loss, really).

I didn't like this album too much when I was younger but in my early twenties I started developing a pronounced taste for Pink Floyd and now they have legitimately become my favorite band.
>>
File: feels.png (4KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
4KB, 205x246px
Brain Damage is my favourite song from that album.

Because it's the song I was listening to on the night my mum died.
>>
Drop acid and relisten to it
>>
>>61796490
is okay anon
>>
>>61796434
The entire thing is just really boring and corny as hell. The opening track gets me kind of excited, and then that part in Time with the backing vocals is really nice, and The Great Gig is pretty cool. Other than that it just feels like boring rock songs with spacey production.

My favorite artists are Les Rallizes Denudes, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, and Television, so I feel like Pink Floyd should fall right into my taste but they really don't.
>>
>>61796326
I dislike this album aswell and pretty much the entirety of Pink Floyd's music
>>
>>61796556
He will have finished the album, and his trip wouldn't even be 1/3 done. Acid goes on for too long.
>>61796574
I'm sorry you feel it is boring. I on the otherhand find practically infinite enjoyment of the album, for all the disposable sounds, effects pedals, pop instruments like the saxophone or the backup singers, the list can go on
>>
>>61796574
actually this but i only like the first track
>>
>>61796700
how steam the poop
>>
This album has a serious build up. Just let it keep playing. It will grow on you. I went from not understanding how someone could stand listening to it to not being able to fall asleep without it within a couple weeks during my pink floyd phase.
>>
>>61796684
I think that's my issue. It just feels like the songs aren't very good and the focus is on all the crazy studio effects and production values.
>>
Are you guys just trying to be edgy? Pink Floyd is not my favorite band anymore but if you don't go through a phase where you can't stop listening to them, your taste is shite. Their discography has at least one album that someone will like. They were pros in knowing what would be tasteful and what would be cheesy and what would be cliche.
>>
>>61796743
>It just feels like the songs aren't very good and the focus is on all the crazy studio effects and production values.
the idea was to make a very commercial album while still pushing the envelope musically as well as sonically. they succeeded
>>
Any Colour You Like is about thinking you have a choice but you really dont. this is expressed by more than just the title.

the first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. it cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are decididing how their life will run but that is not the case as societies pressures force you to take a certain path.
>>
>>61796326

Don't be afraid to care, op
>>
Listen to it in bed before you go to sleep
>>
>>61796857
Damn that's awesome. I've loved them for so long and never knew that, let alone thought of it.
>>
>>61796857
haha thats so fucking deep man
really makes you think
*hits bong
>>
>>61797050
DUDE
>>
>>61797185
WEED
>>
>>61796326
smoke weed
>>
>>61797185
>>61797322
People were inverting melodies long before Pink Floyd came along. Bach did it like a madman. Pink Floyd had a concept that the practice fit into. I don't think they did it because they thought it was deep when they were high.
>>
>>61797389
Did they even get high ? Except for Syd, who was gone for a while by the time they recorded that album, I haven't really heard of any of them doing drugs regularly, or at all really.
>>
>>61797490
Everyone in the band did drugs, especially smoking pot and taking acid. Syd Barrett was the only one who really overdid and exacerbated his undiagnosed schizophrenia and/or personality disorder

personally, despite syd barrets awful lifestyle choice, i think he was the most talented member of pink floyd, but because he lost his sanity so to speak it was passed to gilmour and waters who are great but syd was better more creative. gilmour is like straight blues and roger is a great songwriter but syd barret just wrote more intersting more vulnerable colorful lyrics, in my opinion, more vivid.
>>
>>61797490
>>61797578
oh, and syd barrett was a more interesting guitarist. i dont know enough a hout music to expand on that
>>
>>61796326
Ah, I wish I was fifteen again.
>>
>>61797578

I know they hated that people thought their music should be listened on drugs or that they were a psyhedelic band
>>
>>61796326
I used to love it, then /mu/ convinced me to hate it and now I like it again. If it doesn't fit your taste thats fine why do you need to force yourself to like something?
>>
>>61797799
>/mu/ convinced me to hate it
why would you let anonymous posters on a mongolian throat singing forum make you hate an album you love? for extra online cool points? pathetic.
>>
>>61797640
They were aware people listened to their music for that reason, but they were all hippies in a sense and did drugs, syd barrett was the only one who really did too much. they others had grown out of psychedelia when they did meddle, and when they were farting around with atom heart mother.
>>
>>61797837
Well I was underage. Turning 18 makes you realize how much of a joke 4chan is

>inb4 go back to reddit.
>>
>>61797935
>Turning 18 makes you realize how much of a joke 4chan is
I don't see what turning 18 has to do with this, you should be able to realize to not take pretty much anything here seriously after spending a little time in here.

But then again, that is exactly the reason 4chan is 18+, eventhough there are unfortunately much underage contrarian shitlords exactly like you were posting here every damn minute.
>>
>>61796326
What are your thoughts on The Wall?
>>
>>61798686
great potential with shitty execution: the album
>>
>>61798772
I think the opposite.

I think it was a bad idea executed in the best way possible. Basically Roger Waters making the best LP he could - fully knowing he had to scrape the bottom of the barrel
>>
>>61796326
Stop having Redditor friends and listen to real music

Like Staind and Limp Biskit
>>
>>61798686

I know it gets a lot of hate but I like it. Even if only because of the guitar solos it has
>>
>>61798772
>>61799147
this meme needs to die
>>
Killurself
>>
>>61796574
You like the opening tracks?, there thats your problem you have shit taste.
>>
>>61796326
Give it another chance years later to see if you change your mind on it.
>>
Smoke some weed and listen to it. Then it'll become your favourite album.
>>
if you think pink floyd are bad try listening to yes for a bit and then come back to pink floyd
>>
I dunno. Have your Pink Floyd binge when you're 15. Just make sure you figure out what they actually are by the time you're 20.
>>
File: Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg (18KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg
18KB, 316x315px
>>61796326
forget DSOTM, listen to Animals OP
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.