[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piano Lessons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1452556331205.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452556331205.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
What is the best way to learn piano from home. If its like a cd or online software please post what you prefer the most and why it stands above others.
>>
>>61795917
i've just been fucking around with my yamaha keys for the past year or so and now i can play most of lean on me and thunderstruck
>>
>>61796598
wait a second. . . .
>>
>>61795917
The best way to learn it is probably to hire a tutor. That sentence applies to most things.
>>
>>61796598
only plebs play anything but jazz/classical on piano
>>
>>61795917
You should get a new piano first m8
>>
>>61797332
That's drumb
>>
just bought a p115 and ready start playing. I played for like 7 years a long time ago now I forget almost everything, but I want to start learning again. I used to have a tutor but I'd like to be able to learn at home is a tutor really that much more superior than other methods?
>>
>>61797553
not really, pop music is nothing but shitty chords
>>
>>61797664
I just bought the same keyboard for Christmas. Been playing guitar for years but new to piano. I've been following this guy's progam: https://www.youtube.com/user/danthecomposer
>>
i learned the old fashioned way through lessons. but I think you could go a long way with youtube tutorials. You just have to have enough discipline to keep yourself on track and keep yourself from slacking, because a teacher wont be there to hear you.

play along with a metronome, always. it goes a LONG fucking way towards helping you play. It enforces the "always progressing" mentality where you can't simply slow down when things get hard, and you cant just keep pecking at notes till you hit the right one. music doesn't work like that, if you miss a note just go on to the next notes without slowing down, better luck next time.
>>
>>61795917

udemy has some good classes, but you have to pay for them, but they usually go on sale for like $15

Otherwise youtube, learn the basics. How to find home c, scales, chords, etc

Either way, practice and a lot of it will be required
>>
>>61795917
give up, you don't have the gift

you should go to a music store and pick up level 1-2 theory and piano practice books

i suggest alfred's basic piano library

also, feel the instrument, become on a 1:1 ratio and to feel the notes before they come, to channel the melody is your ultimate goal

that'll take years

practice everyday though like even if it's just 10 min for dat muscle memory but it should be for at least an hour so you're going to have to love it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.