[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this album such a guilty pleasure for me /mu/ i know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: enhanced-944-1402094306-5.jpg (62KB, 625x636px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-944-1402094306-5.jpg
62KB, 625x636px
why is this album such a guilty pleasure for me /mu/

i know it's pleb trash but mr brightside and jenny was a friend of mine give me major feels

also general feels thread/guilty pleasure thread

>tfw qt best friend/occasional hookup is texting her abusive (physically) ex but insists she's "just being nice and nothing with happen"
>tfw fuck
>>
Jenny wasn't friend of mine is not a bad tune. Sure, Killers are guilty of many horrific sound conglomerates, but about half a dozen or so are pretty okay.

I'm pretty sure you have worse guilty pleasures.
>>
>>61785636
Arctic Monkeys maybe?
>>
>>61785575
I like The Killers too OP
Hot Fuss and Sam's Town are solid 8/10s for me
>>
>>61785636
nothing in my library that I wouldn't want people to see except for killers tho.
>>
BMTH the comedown
>>
>>61785575
/mu/ likes a lot of music that's worse
>>
>the killers could have totally been an american the smiths singing songs about heart ache and seedy las vegas night life but brandon is a boring mormon dad

sams town is pretty overhated desu though
>>
File: Tonight_(album).jpg (38KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tonight_(album).jpg
38KB, 295x300px
>>61785575
>having a guilty pleasure
Why do you feel guilty about liking anything? There's no such thing as pleb and patrician, there's just what you like and what you don't like.

Some people take /mu/ way too seriously.

Anyway, to be relevant, I think pic related is the best Bowie album after Scary Monsters and before Heathen, excluding Outside. I like it a fair amount.
>>
>>61785654
I wouldn't box Arctic Monkeys with The Killers. Take AM's first two albums, shake hard until the fillers fall out, and you're left with a solid record to boot. That said, everything else they produced is big boring meh. The Last Shadow Puppets is what I expected to see Arctic Monkeys grow into.
>>
Read My Mind is my guilty pleasure by them
>>
File: Without You I'm Nothing.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Without You I'm Nothing.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
I listen to Placebo since I was fucking 12 and still haven't grow out of them.
>>
>>61785575
Most frontloaded album of all time

>>61785841
First 3 albums are great, others are OK
>>
>>61785768
The Killers have made better albums than Arctic Monkeys

They're both pleb
>>
Best Killers song <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqCfxgKZd8
>>
File: 1975_tmwte_close_fan_600h.jpg (45KB, 443x590px) Image search: [Google]
1975_tmwte_close_fan_600h.jpg
45KB, 443x590px
Went on a double-date with this really energetic, kind and pretty girl and went from never having kissed a girl to have gotten laid that night. She didnt want any emotions though and because of several circumstanses im feeling really down.
Any songs to go with this feel?
>>
The Killers are fucking great, stop trying to live up to Pitchfork and /mu/'s expectations you fucking faggots.
>>
I love their first two albums, third was OK but made for a fantastic live show. Haven't heard the fourth.

I really like Flowers' voice though.
>>
there is nothing guilty about hot fuss, it's a solid album
>>
File: Vessel.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vessel.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
>>
I love this album

Jenny was a friend of mine is a top tier opening track
>>
>>61785575
Mr Brightside and Somebody Told Me are objectively great songs. They're not guilty pleasures at all.
>>
Sams Town> Hot Fuss
>>
>>61785575
The Killers are the worst indeh band. Kill yourself tonight
>>
>>61789685
>worse than The Strokes
>worse than Mumford and Sons
>worse than Modest Mouse
Heed your own advice.
>>
>>61789721
the strokes>modest mouse>killers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>memeford and suns

I will probably get shit for putting the strokes above modest mouse but it is true
>>
File: smug.jpg (51KB, 459x604px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
51KB, 459x604px
>>61785575
>listening to christian rock
>>
>>61789762
last two albums of Modest Mouse do fall into le indieh category

The rest are incredible
>>
>>61785575
the Killers are as mainstream as it gets, but hey, they're good. Well, they were up until Battleborn.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.