[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thievery Corporation Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Thievery-Corporation.jpg (40KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
Thievery-Corporation.jpg
40KB, 400x263px
Hey /mu/ just real curious what you guys think of TC

i know a lot of you listen to either meme tier shit or pleb tier shit.

there really is no in between for you guys. and the rare threads with actual good shit seem to disappear or die within hours.
>>
No need to listen. They look like giant faggots.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1905x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1905x1080px
>>61784848
with this said i have to say Richest man in babylon is some top tier shit. really good.

in fact when it comes to "world" music i suppose is what you'd call it. they are one of the best.

i find that this genre of music is actually the best suited for hosting

literally a nice sound for EVERYONE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9tulBHr8Y
>>
>>61784848
that's a pretty indie opinion you have there
>>
File: thieverycorp1.jpg (225KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
thieverycorp1.jpg
225KB, 800x800px
and i actually just recently. ((well today actually))

bought Saudade and it's a really nice Bossa Nova influenced album another great listen.

Top tier shit to play for guest. especially if its first time guest over at your place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CBzKfvA80
>>
The Mirror Conspiracy is one of my favorite albums.
>>
File: iF8Ycmm-.jpg (84KB, 667x667px) Image search: [Google]
iF8Ycmm-.jpg
84KB, 667x667px
also wondering if any of you guys out there with middle eastern taste knew of any songs similar to this one found on their Richest man of babylon album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoBORS3KZE
>>
>>61784922
agreed. but seriously i wish more people were exposed to this ""world"" genre of music.

really opens you up to the world views especially those in developing nations which is real nice. people talk a lot of shit when it comes to """third""" world countries but seriously man it's the human condition and being fed and caged in a fantasy bubble is no good.
>>
So i take it /mu/ doesn't listen to good music?

Too busy talking about the weekend, drake and fall out boy.
>>
daily reminder that /mu/ is for normalfags and plebs. You'll find better music threads on /trv/ /int/ or /fa/ when they pop out. or try making one there OP.
>>
>>61785025
yeah i did notice that.

it's honestly embarrassing what this board actually is.
>>
>>61784868
i hope you are trolling, you faggot.
>>
>>61784848
>>61784928
>>61784956

TC seems to take themselves pretty seriously over some weak ass trip hop bullshit
>>
>>61785063
they are pretty serious. not for their trip hop shit but the overall aesthetic of their world albums.

You honestly can't name another group better than these guys.
>>
>>61784899
>Top tier shit to play for guest. especially if its first time guest over at your place.

my thoughts exactly
>>
>>61785098
aphex twin

one guy
>>
>>61785113
>aphex twin
literally half his stuff is noise music.

you can't be taken seriously or even has a decent host if you pop any aphex vinyl for guest while having a nice chat and drinks.
>>
>>61785098
fuckin weak ass shill
>>
>>61785130
>tips fedora

thats fucking cringe as if that factors in at all into what makes good music
>>
File: 1452854177472.jpg (296KB, 1385x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1452854177472.jpg
296KB, 1385x1378px
>>61784947
>Thievery Corporation
>""world""
>>
>>61785133
brah

i'm telling you man. you need to up your musical taste.
>>
>>61785151
you gotta entertain people man. and that noise music will only give them headaches and want them to get the fuck out. I hosted a kickback with Richest man of babylon as the main album playing and people were digging it. it makes for a really chill environment. people were enjoying themselves lounging and shit. Still host every month and lots of people come to enjoy a nice night out.
>>
>>61785159
lol nah browse /mu/ for a bit newboy
>>
>>61785207
i hosted a party and played drake

i fucked two different bitches with a whiskey and i got fucked up in my own home.

you can say everybody was pretty entertained
>>
>>61785271
yeah i just turn on the hip hop radio station for that shit.

no need to waste bandwidth or space with that shit.

then i just spike drinks and rape bitches. not like they fucking care since the whole fucking subculture is full of degenerates.
>>
>>61785286
you sound like someone who doesnt really like music

listening to music isn't about social status or how you portray yourself to other people, its about the artform

i know more about listening to music than you do
>>
>>61785356
>music
>artform

please, buddy. we all know this whole "music is art" shit is just a meme. you don't seriously believe that shit. music is pure entertainment.
>>
>>61785374
okay well your wrong so you lose

bye :)
>>
>>61785565
:^)

le reddit battle.
>>
>>61785374
You should explain what is art and what is not.
>>
>>61785573
>:^)

That was Hampus' doing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.