[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bands that make you feverently nostalgic for your teen years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: The_B-52's_cover.jpg (94KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
The_B-52's_cover.jpg
94KB, 350x350px
ITT: Bands that make you feverently nostalgic for your teen years.

>inb4 "Wow, you must be 50 years old"
No, my parents just happened to expose me to a lot of obscure shit growing up.
>>
Wow! You must be 50 years old!
>>
Wow! You must be 50 years old!
>>
>B52s

>obscure

shiggy diggy
>>
>>61784738
>B52s
>obscure
you can't be serious
>>
same lad, with that album, not very obscure tho, they were quite popular
>>
>>61784738
Rock Lobster is such a fucking cool song. I don't care what anyone says.

Like this post if you agree.
>>
>>61784738
>B-52's
>obscure

"Wow you must be a pleb!"
>>
>>61784794
planet claire a better
>>
>>61784738
>parents just happened to expose me to a lot of shit

FTFY
>>
>>61784765
>>61784778
>>61784785
>>61784804
But most teens who say "omg, I love old music!" probably don't know the B-52s, and are more familiar with the popular radio hits that have been overplayed for decades (Bohemian Rhapsody, Don't stop believin', hotel california, Won't get fooled again, "that teenage wasteland song")
>>
>>61784811
the real winner on that album is Dance This Mess Around, i think.

but it's a perfect album so that's just nitpicking.
>>
>>61784851
I was talking to some girl at a party once about rock lobster and she said 'yeah, the lyrics aren't great, but it's the best they had back then'.
>>
>>61784889
I'd lamp the cunt
>>
>>61784738
Loveshack was a preset on the keyboard my parent's bought my sister in the late 90's.
>>
>>61784882
All of side 1 is perfect

Side 2 is more conventional, but it's got great guitar work
>>
>>61784851
omg, I love old music! like the b-52's!
>>
>>61784912
But seriously, you'd probably never hear a teen say that IRL.

"I love bob marely 420 dude!" or "I love Lead zepplan omg!!11", you'd likely hear those, since that's music that receives lots of radio airplay. B-52s, not so much.
>>
Floral Shoppe
>>
>>61784738
When I was about 12 and started high school I thought the B-52s were the coolest thing ever. Rock Lobster was one of the first songs I ever bought (must have been on itunes or some service like that), and I played it outloud without headphones in (I wanted everyone to hear how good it was) and people laughed at me. Especially the girls.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.