[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw depressed, especially bored, drinking alone, eating leftover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>tfw depressed, especially bored, drinking alone, eating leftover pizza, listening to loud shoegaze

Anyone else with this feel? I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. Also post shoegaze I guess. Listening to pic related now
>>
>I don't even know what to do with myself anymore
wait for the new pinkshiny of course

six weeks?
>>
What's the pic?
>>
>>61779916
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives
>>
>>61779981
whirr - around

>>61779944
new pinkshiny soon? i didnt even know. when? i loved their last release so im definitely looking forward to it
>>
File: HMgvD9W.jpg (194KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
HMgvD9W.jpg
194KB, 990x660px
>>61779916
>tfw this was litterally you a year ago and now you cant listen to mbv because of fucking tinnitus
>>
>>61779999
nice quads bb. i tried RHP but couldnt get into it. codeine's frigid stars was my first intro to slowcore but sadly im having trouble finding another album to compare. I'll bet it would click with repeated listens though, idk. I havent heard of the other one, ill try it now. Thanks anon
>>
>>61780032
now youve got me worried. loveless is my favorite album and i wear headphones pretty much all the time, whether im listening to music, watching netflix, playing vidya, etc. im sorry bud.
>>
>>61779999
i'd say twin infinitives is more like injecting heroine at 5 AM on a saturday t bb h
>>
>>61780063
>>61780115
Twin Infinitives gives me immense feelings of alienation and solitude for some reason. I really like it. The album finally clicked on my 15th listen and now it's in my top 15.

You have to approach it with an open mind, drinking a lot when listening to it obviously helps.
>>
>>61780107
it was because i played in my car all time and at first i thought it was my speakers going out like they were fucked up or something? but it was my ears. if you hear like ringing then go to the doctor and they can give you a steroid shot be careful man it sucks
>>
>>61780019
http://store.clubac30.com/products/564556-pinkshinyultrablast-grandfeathered
>>
>>61780195
Thanks for the heads up. I dont listen to anything too loud but i always need to feel the need to ask people to turn the tv up and stuff like that so im afraid that i might be hurting myself
>>
https://clyp.it/bmvpf13n
>>
>>61780363
shit sorry wrong thread
>>
>>61780195
Try this

https://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/3l3uri/these_guys_lighting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n

before you say >reddit, grow the fuck up

It fixes mine for a decent amount of time which is straight up crazy, how is this not a known thing? Try it out man, let me know how it goes
>>
I used to give in to my depression and be content with feeling like shit while listening to appropriate music.

A while back I convinced myself not to give in to the depression all the time. Now however whenever I feel myself getting depressed an automatic mental response kicks in telling me not to be. I don't feel depressed but I get this throbbing painful feeling in my head and chest while not feeling anything emotionally. What music is appropriate for this feel?
>>
>>61780494
Drake

seriously now that I'm not depressed anymore drake is my favorite artist and I don't fucking get it
>>
>>61779916
Sounds like in your situation I would listen to something off of Car Seat's bandcamp

https://carseatheadrest.bandcamp.com/album/twin-fantasy

That album is pretty good but Wirr are such douche bags. =(
>>
>>61780559
i know, i have nothing against trans people but i try to separate politics from the music and whirr makes great music. I tried car seat headrests and i ususally like lo fi but with them it seems so contrived to me for some reason. sounds like they put a record player in a fishbowl or some shit. idk ill give it another go just for you.

also sorry guys captcha is getting harder
>>
>>61780804
Ya, for listening purposes I try to separate it but you wont see me at any shows considering how they treat their fans. Last thing I want is to be pissed on after paying to see someone play heh.

That's understandable, at first it kinda pushed me away as well, but it grew on me pretty quick after listening to How To Leave Town. Letting the lyrical play outweigh some of the lacking production had me coming back. Also the new album seems to ditch some of that heavy lo-fi feel in places.

What's your favorite shoegaze album? I need more recommendations to branch out into the genre.
>>
>>61781110
besides loveless it would have to be candy claws - ceres and calypso in the deep time. i mean ont get me wrong i like other stuff too but im sorry man im fucked at this point
>>
iktf

play some kitten game http://bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/#
>>
>>61779916
I do. Found out yesterday that my girlfriend had another boyfriend. Like, not even some guy she fucked. Proper boyfriend. So I get the feels. It's strange, because it's music that really really makes me want to off myself, but at the same time the only thing preventing it.
>>
>>61780538
>not using music as a way to move past depression

I was like that too until I fulfilled all the qualities that NEET me lacked. Started going to therapy, got a job, went to school, figured out a program and a plan that will take care of the next couple of years.

On the side, I signed up for music related things and I'm working on improving my music skills as an exercise and it helps.

I listen to a shitload of jazz these days and I'm constantly humming and learning tunes while genuinely enjoying it. When I was depressed, all I listened to was shoegaze and abrasive punk.

If you're thinking "fuck that, you privileged fcucker" then let me stop you there. I've lived my entire life in the lower middle class, stepping into poverty every once in a while. All of my music experience was second hand or really shitty or really brief so I'm mostly self taught. The plus side to being low mid class is free or really cheap healthcare. Therapy is free as long as I find the therapist myself and fill out all the paperwork. I did this behind my abusive dad's back for years until I moved out. I took the city bus and made 1hr+ commutes weekly but they were worth it. As far as jobs go, I struggled a lot with that, but my first job was at a thrift store when I was 19. Thrift stores seem to always be looking for workers. After that, getting a job became a lot easier.

I've also been going to community college. Another perk of being poor is that the FAFSA basically pays you to go to school (as long as you don't blow your money on new books). You get your generals done while doing something you enjoy on the side. Paperwork's a bitch, but well worth it.
>>
>drunk alone and posting on 4chan during g a concert

H..... E........ L..... P.. M........ E.......
>>
>>61779916
>drinking

there's your first mistake. Great way to blow time, money, brain cells, and enhance depression
>>
File: angelic proccess.jpg (37KB, 400x344px) Image search: [Google]
angelic proccess.jpg
37KB, 400x344px
Have you listened to this OP? I think you would like it, and it fits your current mood.
>>
>>61780032
You'll be fine

I play drums + listened to nothing but Madonna and Hijokaidan and other noise artists for a year or two and I'm fine

My hearing is fucked but besides not being able to listen for shit in loud environments or hear high frequencies I'm fine
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.