[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey look, it's Panda Bear's best album!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: homepage_large.316aa961.jpg (40KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.316aa961.jpg
40KB, 319x319px
Hey look, it's Panda Bear's best album!
>>
Agreed
>>
Absolutely.
>>
has some of his best tracks for sure but Person Pitch just works 100 times better as an album
>>
I haven't listened to it but I disagree.
>>
Song ranking:

1. Afterburner
2. Friendship Bracelet
3. Slow Motion
4. Scheherazade
5. Alsatian Darn
6. Surfer's Hymn
7. Benfica
8. Tomboy
9. Last Night At the Jetty
10. You Can Count On Me
11. Drone
>>
>>61778814
then listen to it ya bastard
>>
>>61778850
>Benfica that low
Afterburner is best though, ia. Live YCCOM is godtier.
>>
>>61778674
It's his best melody-wise but it's not nearly as well executed as Person Pitch (especially from an instrumental standpoint)
Shame Person Pitch is mostly a giant Beach Boys wankfest
>>
>>61778900
it's my favorite album so even drone is great in its own way if you ask me

to keep it real, you ask me
>>
Person Pitch is a masterpiece, deal

Tomboy is way better than PBVSGR tho
>>
last night at the jetty sounds like a song from a disney movie and i fucking love it so much.
>>
File: 1381620502361.gif (373KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1381620502361.gif
373KB, 500x375px
>>61778850
Last Night At The Jetty is the best on the album WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>61778967
OP here, they're pretty close imo tbqh but Tomboy takes the cake
>>
Slow Motion is the one which makes it for me
>>
>>61779022
Tomboy is a very solid album but you can't really find anything closer to Person Pitch in its context, Person Pitch sounded a lot more artsy and creative to me
>>
>>61778674
THIS
H
I
S
>>
This is his best work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS_2YEIX2CE
>>
>>61778674
Fully agreed, and had it been Panda's first released solo effort it would be by far recognized as his best. But because it has some similarities to PP it won't reach that status in consensus despite being a much better album overall
>>
>>61779048
this so much
>that descending vocal arpeggio
unf
>>
>>61778850
wow, if you flipped this upside down it would be a better list and even then is still would be close to correct
>>
>>61781465
are you that implying Afterburner, Friendship Bracelet, and Scheherazade aren't GOAT tracks?
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 640x624px
>>61778850
Funny, for me it's basically that list flipped.

Last night at the jetty
Alsatian darn
Slow motion
You can count on me
Tomboy
Benefica
Scheherazade
Surfers hymn
Drone
Afterburner
Friendship bracelet

All except the top 5 are basically interchangeable though, it's a wholly great album and all the songs are at least an 8. As a full album I feel it's not as cohesive or interesting as person pitch but I love both very much for different reasons
>>
That's not person pitch
>>
>>61781507
yes

slow motion
you can count on me
benfica
surfer's hymn
tomboy
last night at the jetty
friendship bracelet
alsatian darn
scheherazade
afterburner
drone
>>
>>61782305
I should also probably clarify that the only ones I don't care for are the bottom three and that the live versions of almost the entirety of the album are superior to the official recorded versions (especially for scheherazade which goes up a fuckton rating-wise)
>>
>>61782346
How do you not love Afterburner? It's Pandas alternate take/deconstruction on a house/disco track and it works so well
>>
>>61782409
I just don't care for the melody in it mate, it feels like absolutely nothing special for him.
Also quite honestly it seems like every time he tries to incorporate dance music into his instrumentals he fails horribly and the songs turn out mediocre. The only time this hasn't been true is with The Preakness, and that's a shame considering how safe he's been with his instrumentals on his past two albums. Honestly if it weren't for Person Pitch I wouldn't think he was able to make a truly great electronic pop instrumental at all whatsoever.
>>
>>61782501
But Imo Person Pitch incorporates quite a bit of dance sensibility into its structure
>>
>>61781778
Haha, do you think that your opinions have any value whatsoever? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>61782527
Really? I don't see it at all, but then again I don't think I've given it enough listens to really have a strong, detailed opinion on it. Interested to know what you think is dancey about it though.
>>
>>61782663
Well, I think how you perceive it comes down to a personal and subjective history of what you really listen to. Like, I don't really listen to a lot of rock music, so I don't quite hear the Beach Boys influence in the vocals/vocal harmonies like so many people do, because that's not really what I focus on or what interests me.

However I love dance music, so I tend to really zero in on the instrumental rhythmic portion of Person Pitch, and I hear that in the evolving and subtly changing rhythms built through repetition - how he adds and subtracts elements to build momentum. Panda has said that one one of his biggest influences for PP is Ricardo Villalobos (or really any other minimal/mico house artist) and imo you can really hear it in how he creates tension in his tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxIhaXjyj40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPeB2FPOCDg
>>
>>61778674

It's nice that we can all agree on this.
>>
>>61778850
Anyone know an album where all the tracks are like Afterburner?
>>
>>61778955
i don't buy eeeeeet

it's my favorite album too
>>
>>61783706
Seriously, can't believe an anon in here said the Afterburner melody ain't great

>IT'S NOT LATE
>IT'S NOT TOO LATEEE
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.