[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just heard this. Is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

I just heard this.

Is it good?
>>
>>61777592
Nah It's a meme like all albums.
>>
11/10
>>
>>61777592
Very

Get his other solo album and also Opel
>>
>>61777592
It's good. Shows how crazy he was getting. Nearly the whole album is improv too. Impressive. He was a true artist who went nuts.
>>
>>61777592
you tell us, you fucking idiot
>>
>>61777609
>>61777618
>>61777887
>>61777908

ARE YOU LOST?
>>
>>61777934

No, I'm Dave.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>Won't you miss me?
>Wouldn't you miss me at alllllllllll?

It's a great album, aside from all the schizo baggage there's some really clever wordplay and emotional performances
>>
File: syd-19.jpg (51KB, 490x598px) Image search: [Google]
syd-19.jpg
51KB, 490x598px
>>61778730
He was such a qt, look at those fucking eyes man so dreamy
>>
>>61777592
It has a unique aesthetic and some good pop songs. I still think Terrapin and Here I Go are the best after listening to this album for years.
>>
>>61778771
Long Gone is great too, love his screaming on the choruses and Rick on organ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klN627MMm2E
>>
One of the saddest things that has ever happened is syd Barrett attempting a solo career of literally random bullshit watching his friends go on to make several GOAT albums. And the embarrassment of teenagers pushing themselves through a syd Barrett record for the one or two coherent moments they can stand up and proclaim him a genius. He's not senpai, he's miserable. For almost every successful band there was a syd Barrett type character who was too proud to make it into the lineup, syd Barrett had the misfortune of being famous for a botched career built on the pretense he could do anything better than pink Floyd.
>>
>>61778896
Besides AHM, madcap laughs is better than any pf album. All their stuff was 'high tech' studio wankery of art school kids on a day trip. They sound terribly dated, literally the anco of the 70s
>>
>>61779001
AnCo always reminded me a more modern-like Pink Floyd
>>
The Radio One Sessions has some of the best versions of his stuff pls check it out OP
>>
>>61777592
I like to believe these kind of threads are a joke, but at the same time there are seriously some idiots on /mu/ incapable of making up their own opinion on things
>>
>>61779001
>Implying AnCo is bad.
>>
>>61779138
I just read this post.
Was it good or bad?
>>
>>61779215
>.
>>
>>61779001
>Blah blah blah contrarian blah blah

If you seriously believe that you need to get your head examined just like the drug addled loser you idolize.
>>
>>61779348
true, some people idolize syd. the aesthetic of his albums are undeniably unique, whether they were intentional or not.

pf still sound terribly dated. and their background has a distinct impact on their music
>>
>>61777592
>listens to album
>asks others if they think it's good

wew lad

/mu/ really does have the worst board culture
>>
>>61779658
>pink Floyd sounding dated
Cmon I mean they didn't have the Internet back then , I'm not even big on punk Floyd I take stooges and such anyday, but all pretense aside, let's face it , pink Floyd records really are something even if you only ever want to listen to it once. Come on.

Umma gumma was mostly navel gazing, even then had some solid moments and they kinda got weird and cheesy about wall era and everything after that, but I'll stand by everything else.
>>
>>61779001
>literally the anco of the 70s
hey dont bring anco into this faggot
STV and Fireworks are better than anything by pink floyd ever
>>
im biased as fuck but i love that album since i was young
>>
>>61777592
is a great album, really comfy, kinda reminds me of early mercury rev, but not as hardcore.
Why are you asking if it is good?
>>
>>61780533
nowhere near as good as Piper or even Saucerful honestly
>>
>>61780582
go to bed dad
>>
>>61780766
most dads wouldn't have even heard those, but I guarantee your dad jams out to Dark Side of the Moon
>>
>>61780582
Saucerful is fuckign goat. Piper is ok.
>>
File: syd-barrett (1).jpg (134KB, 600x368px) Image search: [Google]
syd-barrett (1).jpg
134KB, 600x368px
post rare barretts
>>
>>61784213
Official page has a ton of rare pics because of his birthday
>>
>>61777592
>music
>good

what are you fucking gay?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.