[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mark kozolek and bradford cox recommend this album >listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

>mark kozolek and bradford cox recommend this album
>listen to, sounds alright
>corny as fuck black soul ladies start singing on the tracks

DROPPED
>>
>>61777297

kill yrself this album is pure joy
>>
That's cause it's a soul album you ignorant fuck. Try reading about the album yourself instead of going blindly into it just because some artist recommended it. Learn to think for yourself, you tool.
>>
>>61777297
Kill yourself pleb.
>>
>>61777297

I only got into Young Americans after bowie died, going through his discography, and dammit, "Win" is such a good fucking song hot damn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB9RSG-56wU
>>
After Pin Ups, that's his weakest 70's album to me.
The only track I actually enjoy is Fame
>>
Somebody Up There Likes Me is arguably his best song

OP confirmed faggot
>>
>>61777409
>Bradford Cox (Deerhunter)
It’s funny, last year when we were making Fading Frontier I started to revisit Young Americans, which previously had never really been one of my favorites. I always preferred the records where he was sort of channeling something alien and darker and more strange—and that record just never felt that way to me. Maybe I just wasn’t the right age or it wasn’t the right time yet for me to really understand it, but now when I hear that record it just blows my mind. He can’t just simply interpret soul music the way most people might try to, he turns it into something angular and modernist and Bowie-like. It really speaks to me now in a way it didn’t before, which is also kind of the story of the way all of his records have functioned in my life. In the past 12 months I’ve listened to the song "Win" more than any other song in the world—the melancholy, the drama, the noir-ishness of the whole thing. That song is like a glove for my brain.

>Mark Kozolek (Sun Kil Moon / Red House Painters)
My first flight ever, was a trip to see my grandmother during the summer between second and third grade. Back then, you could listen to one song or another on the plane, and I listened to "Young Americans' about a hundred times on the way to Los Angeles from Ohio. When we got back to Ohio, I begged my mom to buy me that record. It was my first album and it was 4.99. The song 'Win' is one of my favorite songs, ever.
>>
>>61777297
I like bowie a lot, I've been going steadily through his discography giving each album a few listens. The only two I couldn't make it through were this and his debut. For me it's the fucking saxophone solos.
>>
>>61777677
what a couple of annoying cunts. terrible musicians too
>>
My third favorite Bowie album desu
>>
The album is so forgettable that even David doesn't remember making it.
>>
>>61778061
He doesn't remember Station to Station either, and that's an indisputable masterpiece
>>
>he doesn't enjoy the sassy black women background vocals

fucking pleb
>>
YOUNG AMERICAN
YOUNG AMERICAN
SHE WANTS A YOUNG AMERICAN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL NIGHT
>>
>>61777297
Pictured in OP: Bowie getting lung cancer.
>>
>>61778614
You know it was liver cancer that killed him, right
>>
>>61777297
uh, aint nothing corny about it
if you cant get into multple and layered vocals why do you even try to listen to bowie?
just stick knives in your ears and complete your renunciation of the joy of sound.
>>
>>61777760
what bowie song doesnt have sax, bb?
>>
>>61777677
brad has been making shit art since hes been on antidepressants also checked
>>
>>61777297
I swear I remember some one making this same exact post, word for word... like 5 years ago... wtf
>>
>>61777297
This is a beautiful album
>>
File: 1447305193057.jpg (76KB, 680x471px) Image search: [Google]
1447305193057.jpg
76KB, 680x471px
>>61777555
came in here to post this
>>
>>61779784
Most of them before this album don't have sax. Also, I'd say most after this album don't have sax. At least no sax solos.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.