[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to quit smoking. I'm 26 and I've been smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: smokers-good.jpg (73KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
smokers-good.jpg
73KB, 424x283px
Trying to quit smoking. I'm 26 and I've been smoking for 10 years now. Music for this feel?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwCt7FPb3E
>>
try the latest bowie album which he recorded while dying of cancer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vzkB8fScIY
>>
>>61767584

Blackstar is great. Obvious choice, but good

>>61767581
Liked it. I need to listen to more from them
>>
>>61767581
>>61767584
>>61767624

So far, all of these make me want to grab my smokes and a cup of coffee....plz familia
>>
>>61767660
But cigarettes are cool, there's no way you can make them sound bad in music without being shit, you can only celebrate them. You'll die in horrible agony and pain, most likely without hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w0AizvscYg
>>
switch to vaping and get a hoverboard
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 448x252px
Yeah you'll probably end up coughing your lungs out and dying of cancer, but at least you look cool.

Smoke up.
How long you been smoking for anyway?
>>
>>61767556
I'm a 26 kinda guy and I just quit smoking, you gotta decide that feeling shitty is tight and commit to it for like 3 weeks, also substitute some other drugs: vape a bunch of weed, get drunk a few nights, try to get your hands on a couple norcos, and you'll be fine!
>>
>>61767556
Why quit smoking when you can quit heroin
>>
>>61767786

10 Years. I used to only smoke at parties, or while drinking in general. I'm really not even quitting for my health at this point. I just feel like I could use the money toward something else I want or need.
>>
>>61767803
this. getting hooked on heroin and desperately trying to quit is much cooler
>>
>>61767556
why even bother smoking? what is the point? the ONLY true benefit i can think of is the social aspect

other than that it's probably the worst trade-off ever

fucking retards
>>
>>61767828
>>61767803

I'm not, like, musically talented or anything. No one will care ;_;
>>
>>61767849

It genuinely tastes good. Feels good. With a brew or coffee it is orgasmic.
>>
>>61767853
you don't need to make music to be a well known junkie in the industry!
>>
>>61767849
So you can taste food
So you don't stink
So you don't have yellow fingers
So people might enjoy kissing you
So you don't hack up phlegm
So you don't get cravings
So you don't get withdraw symptoms

The list goes on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJX-nnCjoUM
>>
>>61767849
Tastes good and feels good in your lungs, like a "full" feeling. I don't regularly smoke but if I'm drinking with friends and it's cooler outside I might have one, it's nice.
>>
>>61767660
It's in German, but you'll get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3DaqzPj1Y
>>
>>61767581
Wow, never listened to this band but it makes sense why these suburban transplant faggots in my city go crazy about them.
>>
>>61767786

just a heads up, people over the age of 25 don't think smoking is cool, excluding fedoras and chads who never grew up.

for most normal adults, smoking is just something that some people do, and it's not really a big deal if they do it or not. so if you think smoking gives you some kind of special cred among other adults, you're gonna be disappointed.
>>
>>61767849
ever hear of nicotine
feels pretty good man
>>
>>61768094
Yeah, people always bring up the social pressure thing, but is that even there beyond high school? In my group of friends some people smoke and some don't, I don't smoke and I'm not really sure where this supposed pressure is coming from. I don't think my roommate having a smoke on the porch by himself before bed is trying to impress anyone.
>>
>>61768169
It's less social pressure and more social habit.

Smoke free since April '15 and proud.
>>
>>61768240

How did you quit? Any advice?
>>
>>61767891
>a brew

fuck yourself in the eyes.
>>
>>61768094
I would have thought that me stating he's going to die of freakin cancer gave away the fact I was kidding. But I forget, some people are a little dense.
>>
>>61767556
here you go OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR4Nueqq3E8
>>
>>61768262
apparently one of my friends quit easily by slightly cutting himself every time he got urges to smoke. cutting releases endorphins, just like nicotine, but cutting is retarded for obvious reasons and just replaces one addiction with another so don't do it.
>>
>>61768262
Yeah I had a massive depressive phase in my manic depression and they put me in the loony bin because I wanted to off myself. They helped me quit smoking on my request because it drove me fucking mad how bad I smelled.

So get professional help I guess.
>>
>>61767556
Good on you for quitting. It's going to feel weird at first, but you have to make an effort and acknowledge that you'll feel better in the end. Good luck !
>>
>>61768352

Oh. I expected, "I cut down to 2 a day" or something
>>
>>61768397

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>61768422
No problem, anon. Your wallet and health will thank you.
Look up Derek by Animal Collective, it's fun.
>>
>>61767556
Hi Mac
>>
File: slowpoke.gif (15KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.gif
15KB, 275x300px
>>61768262
start vaping
>>
>>61768954
this
I smoked for 15 years, I tried patches, nicotine gum, just quitting etc etc and couldnt kick it. Then I got a vape and havent touched tobacco since. It wasnt even hard.
>>
>>61767556
Rock n roll suicide by bowie

Smoking n drinking by Danny Brown
>>
STOP SMOKING
WE LOVE YOU
>>
File: sticker,375x360.u1.png (61KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u1.png
61KB, 375x360px
>you can post anything you want on /mu/ as long as you add "music for this feel?" on the end
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.