[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on racism, pedophilia, sexual violence,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: R-185761-1368358695-3719.jpg (43KB, 425x353px) Image search: [Google]
R-185761-1368358695-3719.jpg
43KB, 425x353px
What is your opinion on racism, pedophilia, sexual violence, questionable politics and generally hateful themes in music and art?

Should they be censored? Have their distribution controlled? I found out recently that Discogs blocked the sale of a few Mikko Aspa projects because of their content. Is this ethical? Should artists not have the right to explore these themes? And what about in the case that it's done in genuine earnest, for example NSBM bands? This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.
>>
>>61767482
Idk man, pedophilia is pretty fucked up.
Nobody wants to hear a song about that shit.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>61767614
>I love little girls, they make me feel so good
>>
You shouldn't be able to censor any form of art regardless of the subject matter
>>
File: WaitsDisgust.png (50KB, 587x438px) Image search: [Google]
WaitsDisgust.png
50KB, 587x438px
>another sociopolitical thread disguised as a music thread
You've done it again, /pol/
>>
>Should they be censored?
I don't like pedos and shit but no.
>Have their distribution controlled?
No.
>I found out recently that Discogs blocked the sale of a few Mikko Aspa projects because of their content. Is this ethical?
Maybe in Discogs PR's mind but not for the artist.
>Should artists not have the right to explore these themes?
Yes.
>And what about in the case that it's done in genuine earnest, for example NSBM bands?
Yes.
>>
I'm glad people can do any and all kinds of art they'd like and they could still get repercussions for it.
>>
>>61767644
I really like this song, but what was Elfman thinking, honestly?
>>
>>61767644
What the fuck Danny
>>
>>61767482
idc
>>
>Should they be censored?

no

>Have their distribution controlled?

the fairly private nature of direct mail-order from labels or distributors and sale in niche specialty record stores already functions as a form of distribution control, the only people who are going to get their hands on those records are the people who deliberately seek them out
you're never going to find satanic warmaster and taint records at your local HMV

>I found out recently that Discogs blocked the sale of a few Mikko Aspa projects because of their content. Is this ethical?

discogs has the right to allow or disallow the sale of whatever they want through their marketplace system
ethics play no part in it as i doubt discogs gives a shit about the content of those records, what they give a shit about is not atracting unwanted attention or pissing off their investors

>Should artists not have the right to explore these themes?

they should

>And what about in the case that it's done in genuine earnest, for example NSBM bands?

even then
especially then, in fact

all that opening the door for banning and suppression of ideas which you personally find reprehensible does is set the table for the eventual banning and suppression of ideas which you agree with and appreciate but others find reprehensible
>>
File: lauging computer man.jpg (60KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
lauging computer man.jpg
60KB, 800x533px
>Censoring Art
>>
As long as no laws are being broken (i.e. pictures of naked children, legit snuff films, brutality against animals), artists should be able to do what they want. I think shocking and graphic work has its place, although I more often than not hate stuff that is shocking just for the sake of being shocking.
>>
>>61767482
Yeah, you made this thread a couple of weeks ago. Stop.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.