[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people rate this guy so highly? I see comments all over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Kendrick Lamar is overrated.jpg (53KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick Lamar is overrated.jpg
53KB, 990x660px
Why do people rate this guy so highly? I see comments all over his videos on youtube saying how he's the best rapper, some go as far to say the best musician of this generation. What has he exactly done well? His rapping is mediocre and his lyrics are like a 6th graders attempt at poetry. If he was in the 90s he would be 6/10/.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZytWFm7x0
>>
>>61766760
The rhymes have nice metaphors that make sense, he talks about real issues instead of weed, bitches n drugs and it's very well produced.

Could you share any actual reasons for not liking him and why his poetry sucks? Share examples.
What would you call good rap?

Even this more pop music has a cool message. Of how social pressure makes us drink or smoke too much to look cool and feel accepted by others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCqSMDEQsA
>>
>>61766760
who dat
>>
>>61767192
I listen to a lot of hip-hop and I really just see his rapping as sub par and his 'poetry' as laughable. What are some good examples of his best lyrics? His lyrics are almost awful in my opinion "when shit hits the fan, is you still a fan"? "I've been A-1 since day one you niggas boo boo". His is so overrated. Oblivion Access > TPAB anyday.
>>
>>61766760
>His rapping is mediocre
He's shown himself to be versatile when it comes to his flows, at the very least.

>his lyrics are like a 6th graders attempt at poetry
Show me one Hip Hop concept album that comes close to either .80, GKMC or TPAB then.
>>
>>61766760
Kendrick Lamar is basically an underground rapper disguised as a mainstream rapper
>>
>>61767192
>he talks about real issues instead of weed, bitches n drugs and it's very well produced

That was the norm outside of just the most mainstream of west coast hip hip back in the 90s. Which goes along with OPs post that if he had been doing the same quality of work back then he would just be considered a 6/10
>>
File: cover.jpg (433KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
433KB, 2048x2048px
>>61767275
>>
File: images[1].jpg (5KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
5KB, 219x230px
I agree OP.

>I rate Kendrick
>>
>>61766760
>Why do people rate this guy so highly?

White guilt, plain and simple.
>>
>>61767364
Fuck off.
>>
>>61766760
music industry's brainwashing marketing
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 514x536px
>>61767402
>>61767405
>>
>>61767192
>real issues
What real issues? The lie of "institutional racism?" That's not a real issue.
The issue of cops aiming at black men more? Not a real issue, black men commit more violent crime than any other demographic.
Not seeing any real issues he's talking about. Everyone says that about a rapper they like, but they can never point out an issue they're actually talking about.
>>
>>61766760
he's a good storyteller.

music is just meh too me. think he just makes people feel good about themselves, like when a fat person orders "salad" and brags about being healthy.
>>
>>61767405
this
>>
File: these walls rym.png (74KB, 780x614px) Image search: [Google]
these walls rym.png
74KB, 780x614px
Name a better song from TPAB other than These Walls.

>protip: u can't
>>
hip-hop wayne brady tbqhwyf
>>
White people are guilty about being white and fucking over blacks,

So how to fix the problem?

Champion black mediocrity (and black garbage!)

American youth likes to overrate bullshit but it gets specially bad with modern hip hop.

Blacks are to blame as well to some extent, but white people, being the majority, do more damage to black people than they can hope to do to themselves.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 426x319px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 426x319px
>The amount of autism itt
>>
>>61768083
>Champion black mediocrity (and black garbage!)

They have no idea how racist they actually are when they do that. It's like in the back of their head, they think they aren't capable of doing better than that. They are blatantly patronizing them.
>>
>>61767264
Oblivion access is somewhat pretentious entry level philiosophy/nihilism and I say this as a pretty big LUM fan. You're cherry picking Kendrick lyrics and completely ignoring the larger context of the record. Almost every song on that album works as an extended metaphor and the entire album, and the title
Itself thread into an even larger extended metaphor. If I wanted to say some stupid reductive shit about LUM it'd be just as easy (I eat my vegetables, I like the broccoli)
>>
>>61767437
at least this guy gives actual reasons why he doesn't like kendrick... because hes an ignorant racist
>>
>>61767192
>Even this more pop music has a cool message. Of how social pressure makes us drink or smoke too much to look cool and feel accepted by others:

so he's a p4k approved version of hopsin?
>>
>I am white suburban teenager that takes pleasure in being contrarian and has no friends: the post
>>
>>61767264
"So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street/When gang bangin make me kill a nigga blacker then me?/Hypocrite!"

cherry pick harder familia shake my head to be honest shake my head
>>
>>61767404
It was.
>>
>>61766760
>if he was in the 90s he would be 6/10
implying the 90s had more than a couple of albums above a 6/10
>his rapping is mediocre
lol
Either you have no taste or you're baiting.
>>
>>61768189
That's not a bad line and prove that Kendrick has good lyrics.
>>61768466
that's not lyrical.
>>
>>61767437
>>61766760
ur dumb lol
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.