[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we finally admit that Piero Scaruffi is a pretentious hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: PierpScaruffi.jpg (30KB, 548x308px) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi.jpg
30KB, 548x308px
Can we finally admit that Piero Scaruffi is a pretentious hack who doesn't know the first thing about music or art in general?
>>
If anything I've realized he's most patrician
>>
>>61766294
How?
>>
>>61766265
Yes.

>>61766294
Patrician = Faggot
So I guess you're kinda right.
>>
>>61766265
If /mu/ can agree upon something, it's the fact that OP is always a huge faggot. Fuck off.
>>
>>61766301
he's actually a good critic

Why, did he shit on your favorite album?
>>
>>61766324
How is he a good critic?
>>
File: scaeuffi.png (373KB, 599x373px) Image search: [Google]
scaeuffi.png
373KB, 599x373px
>>61766265
nah hes a genius
>>
>>61766265
>tfw Piero showed me Twin Infinitives
>tfw showed it to a girl and she started to get interested in me and now we're in a relationship

T-t-thanks..............
>>
>>61766324
What makes him a good critic? I don't think I've ever seen him say anything particularly insightful about an album. Most of his stuff is just talking about the history of each band and usually isn't in that much detail. There's also a fair amount of historic inaccuracies and bias in his writing so it's not even reliable as a history of music.
>>
Just went to check his SWANS ratings.
He literally thinks The Seer is worse than 13 other SWANS records.

He's a hack.
>>
>>61766394
In the process he refers to the band as 'the Swans'

ick
>>
Sure he's pretentious, but he has good taste. Whatever his justifications are, 90% of his best-of lists are filled with great albums. I found so much great shit by browsing his site, checking his yearly lists, and checking out bands he references in reviews of albums I like. Who cares what his credentials are?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnH-nF6J-OA

#ALPHA
>>
>>61766642
lol what an idiot
>>
>>61766597
Most of the things he rated in his top albums are good except:

>Good
YOU'RE GOOD LMAO XDD PUSH!!!! IF I EVER LET YOU GO.....
>Nail
Guy shouting over a mic with instrumentals that seem the villain theme for Spongebob or Sesame Street
>Blonde on Blonde
VISIONS OF JOJJJJJJJJANAAAA
>Astral Weeks
Literally second-tier Buckley or Drake
>Slow Deep and Hard
My gf left me pls kill me U NO THAT FEEL REEEEE
>Spiderland
DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO
>>
>>61766309
>I-i know! I'll call him a faggot! That'll show everyone
a little far from reddit, aren't you
>>
>>61766597
Look, if you rate good albums highly like some of his highly rated stuff which is genuinely that good, but if you have no idea what makes them good, does that mean you still have good taste in music? A lot of people here are like that, too especially those that like to play either the "I have a completely different Internet persona than IRL" game and the "I need to put these albums in my top all time favs to look cool around here."
>>
>>61766265
t. Beatles fan
>>
The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they will think that sexual relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.
>>
>>61766737
Go read Lester Bang's review on Astral Weeks it's great and explains it pretty well why it's good.

Spiderland has been my depression album but that's obviously leaning more towards existential crisis overall.
>>
>>61766737
I genuinely think this post gave me cancer
>>
I'm in too deep now

>>61766737
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean
You're just generalizing those favorites with memes in a way that isn't even relevant to him or whether or not he has good reason for liking them.
>>
File: 1407130693368.png (87KB, 187x271px) Image search: [Google]
1407130693368.png
87KB, 187x271px
>>61766809
>Look, if you rate good albums highly like some of his highly rated stuff which is genuinely that good, but if you have no idea what makes them good, does that mean you still have good taste in music?

Yes. Not everyone can eloquently articulate that sort of thing. I think critical analysis of music can heighten your enjoyment of it through increased understanding, but it's not necessary to justify your feelings about music to be able to judge it on your own merits.
>>
>>61766737
The ones for Good, Nail and Blonde on Blonde made me kek decently
>>
>>61766342
>>61766389
He's good at rating albums
>>
whats the pasta with his roommate?
>>
>>61767103
the reason they're looking for a new roommate is because piero drove the last guy out with his eccentric behaviour. I know the last tenant through friends of friends.

apparently scruffy was always labelling things - not his own things like his food or anything, but almost every item he could find. a lamp would have a sticky note on it saying '6/10 - illuminates corner of room well but does nothing to advance what lamps have been doing for at least 100 years. Pleasing glow but repetitive'. he'd also wake everyone in the house up at 6am sharp to partake in a hike of the hills around the house. he'd carry nuts and water in his backpack but only allow the others to eat or drink if they correctly answered prog rock trivia (of which the answers were all his opinions).

he once caught my friend whistling the opening melody to hey jude and for the next three days he had restricted access to the food in the kitchen. he was allowed bread, rice, pasta and potatoes but was entirely banned from any seasonings or sauces. scaruffi said it was because he 'seemed to be happy living without taste so far, so why not carry on that way'

K... KEEP ME POSTED
>>
>>61767083
How is he good at rating albums?
>>
>>61767083
Lel anyone can do that. It's not exactly hard to say what you'd give an album out of ten.
>>
>>61767158
>>61767182
They're not inflated or corrupt like p4k and actually more credible than every other website
>>
>>61767215
This sounds like you're saying that you like his taste rather than he's a good critic.
>>
>>61766737
Retardation should be made illegal.
>>
>>61767134
kek thanks friend
>>
>>61767215
>more credible than every other website
You realise he's only listened to about 1/3 of the music he's claimed to, right? Also, he's not the only music reviewer who isn't a part of a big magazine but if you believe that every single established music review site bar Scaruffi's is getting money to influence their ratings, you might want to invest in a tin foil hat too.
>>
>>61767450

>You realise he's only listened to about 1/3 of the music he's claimed to, right?

wrong, he has listened to all of the music he has reviewed, it is movies where he has not watched all the ones he reviewed, but he openly admits this.
>>
>>61768207
http://www.scaruffi.com/vol3/tangerin.html
Look at that and tell me you honestly believe he has listened to every single Tangerin Dream album. That after listening to ten albums in a row by them that he thought were 2/10, that he kept going anyway.
http://www.scaruffi.com/vol6/boardsof.html
he describes Boards of Canada albums that haven't been released at the start of this.
Also, take a quick read through some of his "A history of x" pages. The sheer volume of music he mentions would be impossible to listen to in a human lifespan. That's not taking into account all of the books, movies, art, hill walking, travel, the books on artificial intelligence, his actual job as a scientist, his interest in politics/current affairs, poetry and essays taking up his time. I presume he also eats, sleeps, bathes and goes to the toilet as much as the rest of us too.
>>
>>61766394
Ahahaha I never saw this before but he legitimately said that "The Apostate" sounds like Led Zeppelin covering The Doors.

What a sultry dumbass.
>>
>>61768652
If he's admitted to not watching all the movies he's rated then I dont, for one second, believe he's listened to all the music he's rated.
He's just too ashamed to admit it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.