[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other music critic youtube channels worth watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: HO3sYurh_400x400.png (74KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
HO3sYurh_400x400.png
74KB, 354x354px
Are there any other music critic youtube channels worth watching watching other than TND?

>inb4 people here laugh at anthony fantano
The contribution of Fantano to the music community is undeniable, anons. also, he is a person who managed to build himself by following what he is passionate about, his success is a result of his own efforts.
>>
Reported for /mu/tant circlejerk.
>>
>>61764756
Anon, he has video with over million views and over half a million subscribers

he even got his own Wikipedia page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Needle_Drop

He is long ago much more than a /mu/ thing
>>
do you post about anything besides Fantano? how is his contribution undeniable? what albums has he pushed on his own to make major releases in the music community? sure, he's ranked certain things somewhat incongruously to the rest of the music released around it like Death Grips, but they had a huge following going into his reviews and were hyped by Pitchfork which almost definitely gave them more exposure to fresh ears than Fantano did. at every other juncture, he piggy-backs on the scoops, opinions, and timeliness of other music publications and Wikipedia to create a made-up niche for himself, then he gets apologists like you and Chris Ott to defend him by calling up the eternal "just my opinion" card as well as ordaining him as important simply because his success was unlikely, making it where music criticism's ugly core - the need for connections - is not an embarrassment he has to cover up, but a badge of honor he can wear with pride. people who support Fantano are the cancer killing music journalism and making it where people with a Ph.D. in Google Studies overtake actual careful critics with good musical vocabularies and the ability to actually coherently describe music and its role in the wider society. i know it's hard to believe so, but you'd be better served learning how to read above a 6th grade reading level so you can digest The Wire, Tiny Mix Tapes, and the Quietus than you would be continuing to try to buy into the YouTube infotainment music criticism cottage industry.
>>
>>61764733
There's Dead End Hip Hop, but they only do reviews in that genre. There's also Spectrum Pulse, but I'm not a fan of him at all because I rarely agree with his opinions and he mostly does reviews of music I'm not interested in. Here Lies Music is good, but he hasn't uploaded in ages and his videos are more of a gimmick than anything. Overall Fantano is the best choice out there IMO because of the variety you get in his reviews and the amount of content out there.
>>
Dead End Hip Hop is very entertaining.
>>
>>61764733
>worth watching
TND was never worth watching
>>
>>61764780
Absolutely irrelevant.

A thread about any other /mu/tant with a tripcode is against the rules, so is this, youtube channel or not.
>>
>>61764733
maidenslave
>>
>>61764783
>look this up in the archive
>no results
We might have a new pasta here
>>
>>61764733
He's the only one worth watching and only his alternate channel is worth watching.
>>
i think this may be the third thread in two days you've made about this guy.
>>
File: 1452448919299.jpg (128KB, 1000x717px) Image search: [Google]
1452448919299.jpg
128KB, 1000x717px
rank their music tastes

http://www.last.fm/user/theneedledrop
http://www.last.fm/user/mecoptera
https://www.last.fm/user/aaron_ellis
http://www.last.fm/user/turnyqx
http://www.last.fm/user/siralechendrix
http://www.last.fm/user/tamarot
>>
>>61764789
>>61764788
Fuck DEHH. The only good reviewer there that actually says thoughtful shit is Myke C-Town. I feel like the other guys don't even listen to the music with headphones, they prolly listen to the album once and then go on pitchfork or some other website to bite their musical vocabulary
>>
>>61764783
fantano is always getting rekt, no wonder he's /mu/'s favorite punching bag
>>
>>61764788
Thanks

>>61764789
I do love some hip hop albums but in general it's not one of my fav genres at all. i find many hip hop albums to be very overrated imo
>>
>>61764879
Do you love yourself?
>>
>>61764853
Montie should be moved to 'shut the fuck up' or 'annoying'
>>
>>61764879
what albums in particular do you think are overrated?
>>
>>61764916
Of course i do.

Aniway, let me share an idea i had with you /mu/tants. while i still do not know how to develop websites, it's something that i'm capable of learning, and besides i need to find something to do with my life.

So my idea was, that if i will learn how to build websites, maybe i will a build some sort of a forum for us /mu/tants that will also include a live chat room. i thought about calling it "The Patrician" to attract users from /mu/. The Patrician will have rules against trolling and cyber-bullying, that will encourage active music discussion and a friendlier environment.

Is this something you people in /mu/ would want? i'm curious. i know i would want it
>>
>>61764991
there's already an irc, a soulseek room and a skype group.
>>
>>61764976
MBDTF, Good Kid Maad City and To Pimp A Butterfly are 3 albums that come to mind when i think about vastly overrated hip hop. that is just my opinion btw

>>61765014
None of those is really a forum though.
>>
>>61764783
do you post about anything besides Serious Pipes? how are its contributions undeniable? what pipes have they pushed on their own to make major releases in the music community? sure, they've ranked certain pipes somewhat incongruously to the rest of the pipes released around it like Death Pipes, but they had a huge following going into their reviews and were hyped by Pitchfork which almost definitely gave them more exposure to fresh ears than Serious Pipes did. at every other juncture, they piggy-back on the scoops, opinions, and timeliness of other music publications and Wikipedia to create a made-up niche for themselves, then they gets apologists like you and Chris Pipes to defend them by calling up the eternal "just my opinion" card as well as ordaining them as important simply because their success was unlikely, making it where music criticism's ugly core - the need for connections - is not an embarrassment they have to cover up, but a badge of honor they can wear with pride. people who support Serious Pipes are the cancer killing music pipe-ism and making it where people with a Ph.D. in Pipe Studies overtake actual careful critics with good musical vocabularies and the ability to actually coherently describe pipes and their role in the wider society. i know it's hard to believe so, but you'd be better served learning how to read above a 6th grade reading level so you can digest The Pipes, Tiny Mix Pipes, and the Pipe-etus than you would be continuing to try to buy into the YouTube infotainment music criticism cottage industry.
>>
File: 1439211355308.png (124KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
1439211355308.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>61764991
>i thought about calling it "The Patrician"
>>
>there are new anons who don't know crazygaga is an idiot and musically illiterate
>>
Try the Rageaholic.
He makes a lot of different videos, but once in a while he makes full Discography reviews for bands. So far he has done bands like Maiden, Motorhead and Darkthrone.
UGH!
>>
>>61765108
See why there is a need for some sort of a forum with rules against cyber-bullying and trolling?

this anon demonstrates it right now
>>
>>61764991

this made me cringe
>>
File: tyler.jpg (33KB, 537x399px) Image search: [Google]
tyler.jpg
33KB, 537x399px
>>61765139
>>
>>61764991
>The Patrician
fucking kek
>>
>>61765139
Since being able to post as anon isn't necessary to you, maybe try reddit?
>>
>>61764853
>>61764853

Fuck tripfags
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA0_yBfS7ceNsw1rEfqXQjw

This guy's pretty cool
>>
>>61764991
This is why tripfags should be banned.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE5Clncgmro

These guys have a pretty awesome channel, they rec stuff outside of the box too not always the same ol' same ol'.
>>
File: tumblr_n57w9f1ZJd1srd1yao1_1280.jpg (275KB, 800x1161px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n57w9f1ZJd1srd1yao1_1280.jpg
275KB, 800x1161px
>>61765054
Those albums are pitchfork-core as fuck. you should dig a little deeper to find some real hip hop gold. try getting into Milo or Illogic if u want a more abstract approach to hip hop
>>
>>61765552
I'm familiar with Milo, but I have heard only Things That Happen at Day/Night.

It was pretty excellent
>>
>>61764733

This is actually what Fantano fags think.

Reality in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzdUy90vTuk
>>
>>61764733
God his face annoys me.

In my top 3 worst things about this board.
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwODEwOTMwNzAy[1].jpg (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwODEwOTMwNzAy[1].jpg
99KB, 1200x1200px
would you /mu/
>>
>>61765600
that album is good, but his last album "so the flies dont come" is by far his best,he admitted to stealing some of his ideas from well known
philosophers but he really has a good understanding in the subject of philosophy and manipulates them well to good use
>>
>>61764733
Anyone but ARTv, guy has the music taste of a 15 year old girl
>>
There aren't, as far as I've seen. And fantano isn't worth watching either.
If you want to convince me tell me a bit about their favorites and I will check them.
>>
>>61764733
>The contribution of Fantano to the music community is undeniable, anons. also, he is a person who managed to build himself by following what he is passionate about, his success is a result of his own efforts.
all true that doesnt mean his contributions were good.
>>
File: hessu12.gif (7KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
hessu12.gif
7KB, 142x142px
>he watches music critic videos
>>
>>61764733
Bigquint is a lot of fun. DEHH is alright too but I don't like their format so much. Truth & Eazy are cool too, even though I don't always agree with them.
>>
>>61764801
That's stupid.
>>
>>61764853
Abelian is nice but I don't care for his taste

BAYAR is probably the worst trip on /mu/

Lauren is 2nd worst

Dont care about the rest
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.