[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fender Telecaster why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: fender telecaster.jpg (228KB, 700x955px) Image search: [Google]
fender telecaster.jpg
228KB, 700x955px
Does anyone use these? Does anyone think they help a song in any way? I've always hated them more than any other guitar.

To me they sound twangy and echoey and hollow. What's the point of that?
>>
slint used teles
>>
>>61763036
Who? Exactly.
>>
I play one. I like the twangy sound.
>What's the point of that?
Some people like it. they're pretty versatile though. You can get a wide range of sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3AL7-HBohE
>>
>>61763072
do you really not know slint or are you just bored?
>>
>>61763072
>Who?

Welcome to /mu/, it's only your first day, where's your tour guide?
>>
>>61763003
They have really fast necks.
And you can get rid of that twangy sound.
>>
File: 2515543409_610cce4ac2_b.jpg (226KB, 634x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2515543409_610cce4ac2_b.jpg
226KB, 634x1024px
Isis
>>
>>61763003

>To me they sound twangy and echoey and hollow.

almost like another type of guitar...
>>
>>61763107
I don't know who "slint" is. Nickname of some dude?
>>
>>61763003
Ever heard of Joe Strummer?
>>
>>61763095
Ugh, good playing but horrible sound. The tone is half dead.
>>
>>61763182
Yeah, the clash' guitar doesn't sound like a telecaster.
>>
File: D-boon-2-400x585.jpg (42KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
D-boon-2-400x585.jpg
42KB, 400x585px
minutemen
>>
>>61763170
>make broad baseless claims about guitars
>doesn't know seminal guitar bands

I see
>>
>Not putting humbucker pickups on your tele
>>
>>61763157
Stupid comment. Many guitars have a clean, crisp tone.
>>
>>61763202
Well it was a Tele (at least the rhythm part). Also Springsteen and East Bay Ray.
>>
mine has a switch where you can turn the twang off
>>
>>61763253
don't forget Keith Richards
>>
>>61763253
Hmm, didnt know springsteen uses one
>>
>>61763240
yup
and other ones have a twangy sound
and believe it or not, different people like different things
and different situations call for different sounds

how young are you? first day out in this big wide world? just wait til you discover that there are other people who aren't exactly like you and they may speak or act differently or like different things. try to keep it together, don't be scared
>>
>>61763237
This

teles with a single at the neck and a bridge humbucker are the best things on the planet.
>>
>>
File: dragon_tele_100.jpg (38KB, 315x447px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_tele_100.jpg
38KB, 315x447px
>>
File: Telecaster-di-Bruce-Springsteen.jpg (38KB, 200x364px) Image search: [Google]
Telecaster-di-Bruce-Springsteen.jpg
38KB, 200x364px
>>
File: Borntorun.jpg (21KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
Borntorun.jpg
21KB, 353x353px
>>61763272
How could I forget Keith Richards? Damn that was stupid.
>>61763282
Really? It's his signature Instrument.
>>
>>61763317
I think he was sarcastic
>>
>>61763003
> What's the point of that?

because they sound twangy and echoey and hollow.

they are not my guitar of choice, I much prefer a hollow body but I tech a couple teles for a friend. They do have a nice feel, they are tough as shit, and have a sound that will cut through the more pronounced mids of a Gibson, ect.

I have lost track of how many times my buddies telecaster has been thrown off a stage and is still going. bu contrast, the neck will snap if you look at an SG the wrong way.
>>
>>61763003
The most meme guitar desu
>>
>>61763348
Well detecting sarcasm in written form is an art I have yet to master. He should have exaggerated a bit more. Like "Oh really? I have never heard of a person called Brooce Sprangstein with a Telecaster. Tell me more oh great and mighty Anon of /mu/".
>>
>>61763373
inneresting
>>
>>61763391
>61763391
I actually wasnt being sarcastic about not knowing springsteen uses a tele. I like a lot of his music but somehow never picked up that info.

Just got done listening to Human Touch
>>
>>61763425
Good. Then maybe I'm not as bad at detecting sarcasm as
>>61763348
wanted to make me think.
>>
I love telecasters, they are so simple and sound nice and bright and clear. 'Twang' is 95% the attack of the note in how the string is picked/struck/plucked. You can make a les paul twang.

The only thing I hate about teles is they are uncomfortable to play when sitting. The lack of body contour digs into my ribcage.
>>
everyone saying the telecaster is twangy is probably specifically thinking about the sound from country music - that's isn't just the guitar, that sound is also a compressor pedal, and you can get the sound with a strat as well

that 'twangy' sound isn't the only thing a tele can do. the stairway to heaven solo is on a telecaster for one example...
>>
The thing I love about the Telecaster is its simplicity: 2 single coils, 3 positions, a volume, and a tone knob and that's really all you need. Despite its simplicity, you can get a huge variety of sounds out of it too.
>>
Andy summer of the police
>>
>>61763003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRKYqrG_aiY

It's more versatile than you think. Listen to other genres of music.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.