[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ Hip Hop General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 2hatz.jpg (39KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
2hatz.jpg
39KB, 500x383px
Eazy-E in two hats enjoying mexican food edition

Why are these threads so fucking dead? What happened?

>What was your most recent hip hop album purchase?

>What was your most recent hip hop merch purchase?

>Is Anderson .Paak going to blow up and become mainstream?

>Is Swish going to be Kanye's worst album?

>Who really killed Tupac?

>Was TPAB AOTY?

Discuss.
>>
>>61759721
>Why are these threads so fucking dead
/mu/ is a dead board
>>
File: 1452670088383.jpg (52KB, 891x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452670088383.jpg
52KB, 891x960px
>>61759751
This place was bustling a few months ago.

What happened?

Did kendrick=booty shitpost so hard everyone left?
>>
>>61759721
>Why are these threads so fucking dead? What happened?
BOWIE happened
>>
>>61759721
Not a Hip Hop/Rap fan, but, I recently listened to Kendrick's Mad World or whatever it's called.
Not bad, not bad at all. Anybody got any recs? I don't dig that Tyler the Creator or moe Drake shit.
>>
>>61759721
>Why are these threads so fucking dead? >What happened?

summers over

the /HHG/ demographics gone back to school

been digging this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUrisrzqYc
>>
>>61759851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwamhuY6Yy8

Listen to that.

If you liked whatever Kendrick you heard, listen to Good Kid M.A.A.D. City. It's his second album and one of the best of the last decade. Super accessible, too.

Is there anything specifically you want to hear? I can rec as much shit as you can take.
>>
>>61759721
>rapper has 2 hats
>>
>>61759903
I'm diggin that shit. Thanks.
I'll just download another one his albums.
Any artists similar to him?
>>
>>61759996
There's plenty, but I'm not sure what you're looking for.

What appeals to you?

Do you like his voice? His flow? The production/beats in his songs? His lyrics?
>>
>>61760021
Jeez man, Idk, I just dig his songs.
I guess his flow, and the production work of his songs are what I like the most.

Can you give me a general rec?
>>
File: Intro.jpg (616KB, 1640x1820px) Image search: [Google]
Intro.jpg
616KB, 1640x1820px
>>61760084
Sure, didn't mean to overwhelm you. Check out some of his frequent collaborators;

Ab-Soul - Control System
Jay Rock - 90059
ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron

You might also want to check out some classic work by artists that inspired Kendrick;

Tupac - Me Against the World or the 7 Day Theory

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

Dr. Dre - The Chronic

If you like Kendrick's style, you might also enjoy Masta Ace, I'd recommend checking out Disposable Arts. Also check out Mos Def's Black on Both Sides.

Pic related is a general intro to hip hop if you find yourself becoming more interested in the genre.

Just as an aside, if you see someone on there who's popular, don't think less of them for it. Everyone on the chart is a talented musician who've put together some really fantastic work that's worth checking out.
>>
File: 1442372573542.jpg (3MB, 1640x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1442372573542.jpg
3MB, 1640x1710px
>>61760084
https://www.random.org/
>>
Post your favorite giltch hop
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.