[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK could the beatles be making music at the same time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

How the FUCK could the beatles be making music at the same time as the velvet underground?

How do you live a lifetime of embarrassment knowing that you were making "Mom's Gonna Freak" psychedelic pop while an awkward band from New York spearheaded by the biggest autistic fuck in the art world were making music that easily trumped anything you could ever come up with.
>>
By not being an autistic "FUCK" and actually knowing what people wanted to hear?
>>
>>61755202
NO.
>>
>>61755086
>One of these bands changed the landscape of pop music forever and the other one had a banana album.
ahahaha are you retarded OP?
>>
>>61756015
>implying the banana album didn't change the landscape of underground music which is probably way more relevant to you since you browse /mu/
>>
>>61756085
implying all of us are edge lords to your degree.
>>
>>61756015
>one of these bands influenced One Direction
>one of these bands influenced every alternative band ever
>>
>>61756369
John Cale was a fan of The Beatles, so really it should be
>one of these bands influenced One Direction and the band that influenced every alternative band ever
>one of these bands influenced every alternative band ever
>>
>>61756369
>every alternative band ever
>alternative music
>They Might Be Giants
>Two Door Cinema Club
>placebo
yeah no thanks.
>>
>>61756015
The Beatles just ripped of guys like Bob Dylan and The Beach Boys, all they did was be popular enough that they could take credit for it.
>>
>>61756400
fan of =/= inspired by musically
>>
>>61756440
Replace The Beach Boys with La Monte Young and you could make the same statement about TVU.
>>
File: OkKid.jpg (66KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
OkKid.jpg
66KB, 431x450px
>>61756476
>TVU more popular than Bob Dylan
>>
>>61756440
so was it Bob Dylan or the Beach Boys who wrote strawberry fields forever? Or Long Long Long? Or Tomorrow Never Knows? Or introduced sitar to popular western music? Or invented the use of feedback as a musical device?
>>
>>61755086
What's going on here? What are you talking about senpai?
>>
>>61756447
>Femme Fatale
>I'm Beginning to See the Light
>There She Goes Again
>Not influenced by the beatles
k.
>>
Are you bashing on the beatles? wtf get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>61756598
They were inspired in so much as they knew exactly what they didn't want to produce.
>>
both bands are great

stop fighting, boys
>>
>>61755086
What exactly is your point here? That shitty pop can't exist at the same time as good bands? Have you listened to the radio lately?
>>
>>61757026
What in the holy hell was that? "both bands are great"? Um, what?

As time marches on, if the majority of people vote Blue Bell ice cream the best..................it fucking is. Along comes Ben and Jerry's and well, now they're the best. This isn't the rule of democracy. This is 1+1 stuff.

Did you get beat with a pipe wrench when you were little? Seriously, what kind of weird, twisted non confrontational shit do you have in your psyche? "Exemplary of neurological diversity"? Winning over the Luddites with the neat, grammatically incorrect, language are we?

Sorry buddy, you're probably a stand up mate, but this couldn't go willy nilly down the trodden trail unremarked.
>>
my sides
>>
>>61755086
>Mom's Gonna Freak psychedelic pop
as opposed to..? DUDE DEGENERACY LMAO? WL/WH is the only good thing they did
>>
hello reddit!!!! enjoying it ehre?
>>
salsa
>>
I'm sure Paul McCartney is embarrassed all the way to the bank when he needs to take out a chunk of his $660 million dollars
>>
>>61756015
>implying their first four albums weren't great
>>
File: image.png (357KB, 480x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
357KB, 480x475px
>>61757377
>implying the Beatles were anything but sufferable
>>
Look both bands are great and are disliked by Contrarians because of this. The difference is those who don't like the Velvet Underground are missing out on way more.
>>
>>61756524
>Or invented the use of feedback as a musical device?

youre not talking about the Beatles here right
>>
>>61757338
>using $ and the word "dollars" for the same measurement of money

Beatles fans are retarded
>>
>>61757586
well considering they used it first...yup i am
>>
Lots of bands were influenced by both of them.
>>
Let's see

One of these bands:
>did more than any other group to make rock more harmonically interesting
>got so sophisticated in their recording and layering techniques that they had to quit touring
>changed what it meant to be a rock band
>laid the groundwork for progressive rock and practically invented art rock
>invented the concept album
>wrote more brilliant songs than they knew what to do with

The other band:
>banana artwork
>inspired hipsters everywhere

Ok
>>
>>61755086
both were poppy rock bands that liked to experiment with different stuff - velvet underground with free noise, beatles with fun new studio sounds and wacky foreign instruments. they aren't as different as you'd think and as far as influence is concerned I doubt there are many bands who draw from velvet underground without respecting the beatles. sonic youth for example, have talked about their admiration for the beatles.
>>
>>61757632
where'd you hear that, a Beatles documentary?

you really believe the Beatles were the first musicians in the 20th century to utilize feedback?
>>
>>61757697
>invented the concept album

look sooner or later someone was gonna realise that you didn't have to limit your story to one song, that's not something they achieved

also fuck off the Velvet Underground was so much more important than just "banana album", kek
>>
>>61757607
>pointing out small errors on 4chan

You sure showed me mr. big dick shitposter
>>
>>61757765
>Beatles did something first
>y-yeah well someone else would have if they didn't!
>>
>the white album is much more sonically diverse and interesting froma songwriting standpoint than anything the banana meme underground has ever done

hmmn
>>
>>61756369
The fuck are you talking about
>One of these bands influenced practically everything
>One of these bands influenced pretencious indie bands
>>
>>61757799
this has been gone over a million times - Freak Out! beat Sgt. Pepper to the punch, and Sgt. Pepper is barely a concept album anyway.
>>
The Velvet Underground REVOLUTIONIZED pretending to like bands you rarely listen to
>>
>>61757703
who used it first my nigga
>>
>>61757822
>I don't like it so everyone else is pretending
>>
>>61757808
>TVU only influenced underground music

good one

even faggots like Coldplay admit they're influenced by them
>>
>>61757824
various artists in the musique concrete movement

and probably tons of random garage rock bands
>>
>>61757814
srg. pepper is the shittiest concept album OAT desu. no wonder I always see it run for under five bucks at record clearance centers
>>
>>61757879
>according to AllMusic's Richie Unterberger, the very first use of feedback on a rock record is the introduction of the song "I Feel Fine" by the Beatles, recorded in 1964

they were the first notable instance. anything else is pure speculation
>>
>>61757814
>Freak Out! beat Sgt. Pepper to the punch
beat it at what? they're not all that similar.
>>
>>61758105
at being a "concept album"

but like some other poster said, the idea that the concept album needed to be invented is silly, it would've happened sooner or later.
>>
>>61757645
fuck off cunt we're having an argument here
>>
>>61758057
>on a rock record
>>
>>61758153
HAHAHA dude
>>
>>61758157
>thinks it matters that avant fucks throwing tape loops of them vomiting onto record were using feedback

The Beatles may mot have been first, but in the wide concept, they absolutely get the flag.
>>
>>61757607
Just fuck my mouth up, mister !
>>
>>61757837
Projecting
>>
>>61758240
>a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat
>number eight (burp) number eight (burp) number eight (burp)

New doesn't always mean good, keks
>>
you're impling the beatles were trying to be edgy

they were trying to craft superior pop songs

>they weren't as good as being edgy as the band that wrote 'black angels death song'
dude you're right. OP is right.
>>
>>61758145
concept albums have existed since the 50's, get the fuck out of here
>>
>>61758427
Rev 9 is very good
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.