[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu think of Between the Buried and Me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: btbam.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
btbam.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
Also, what are some other bands that sound like this?
>>
/mu/ seems to oscillate wildly on them but I count myself a fan

similar bands may be SikTh and Protest the Hero
>>
I was really into them during Colors and The Great Misdirect but then I turned 17 and grew out of them.
>>
I love them to death, /mu/ used to have a generally positive opinion about them, the board has grown to hate them over the years for some reason.
>>
>>61754845
I feel like they're a band that most "music aficionados" like at first but the more they listen to them the more they hate them.
>>
>>61754931
they do have that 'Dream Theater' aspect but they're still very enjoyable, just not really something to attribute intellectual clout do as many prog nerds of a certain kind tend to do
>>
There's an instrumental version out that I prefer.
>>
>>61755169
Well, being Dream Theater is literally the BTBAM's heroes that make sense.

Also, BTBAM is totally different prog. than DT, well, maybe their newer stuff more.
>>
I don't know why, even though these bands are wildly different, I keep associating them with August Burns Red.

Check them out maybe. They're good.
>>
>>61754736
Native Construct is similar to newer BTBAM.
>>
>>61755741
ABR is metalcore, BTBAM started off as a metalcore act and went more progressive tech-deathy as time went on, you can still hear the metalcore influences in shit like Colors though
>>
>>61755856
Colors newer, or Coma Ecliptic newer, because Coma Ecliptic was mediocre
>>
File: agonized expression.jpg (719KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
agonized expression.jpg
719KB, 2000x1500px
>>61754736
>titled Alaska
>has literally nothing to do with Alaska
>>
>>61754736
They're one of those bands that has a consistently "good" discography. None of their albums are bad, yet only one (Colors) is amazing.
>>
>>61756141
I thought Alaska was almost as good as Colors desu
>>
>>61755856
Listening to them now and wow they're very much my style.
>>
>>61755554
I agree totally, but it attracts a similar mindset of TECH IS AUTOGOOD
>>61755856 this very much
>>
>>61756141
I think Colors and Parallax 2 are their best albums yet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.