[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marilyn Manson or Nine Inch Nails?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (29KB, 344x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 344x428px
This other thread running atm gave me the idea to make a 'MM or NIN' thread (even though it's probably already been done pfft)

Who do you prefer? Music-wise, appearance-wise, et fuckin cetera :P
>>
Trent's always been great. Manson sucks now
>>
NIN just because they made Downward Spiral and MM has made nothing good aside from a single.
>>
>>61752775
downward spiral <3
>>
NIN is infinitely better, because Closer
>>
File: IMG_20160113_201242.jpg (55KB, 451x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160113_201242.jpg
55KB, 451x676px
I like both a lot but I'd say Manson
>>
The Downward Spiral is a pretty great Industrial Rock album and I enjoy it

can't say the same for anything from MM so NIN
>>
NIN, and it's not even close.
>>
>>61753375
why
>>
>Ghosts I-IV
>Downward Spiral
>Broken

Manson has some cool things, but nothing near Trent
>>
File: 20150718_204148.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150718_204148.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>61753442
Idk I just love mechanical animals and his image is really cool. But I can see why most people say NIN is superior
>>
There's actually a book that has a NIN vs. Manson chapter I read a long time ago. I think the closing sentence on the debate was something like "Ultimately, the most interesting thing Trent Reznor has ever created might be Marilyn Manson" (since Reznor signed MM to Nothing and took them on tour back in the day).

I think Reznor's recent work and musical evolution have been more impressive than Manson's, but Manson's work from The Spooky Kids' debut up to Holy Wood was so diverse and intense that he's definitely earned his place in rock music history. Hesitation Marks was such an ambitious album and it totally paid off for NIN though, whereas it's REALLY hard to take Manson seriously as an artist these days. Everything after Golden Age has felt forced.
>>
>>61752334
>:P

back to leddit
>>
>>61753611
This is really interesting!

Bonus round: who do u find hotter?

For me it's Trent. He can fuck me anytime ;>
>>
>>61753611
Yeah I can agree with you about everything after golden age being forced but the pale emperor is pretty good
>>
File: huehue.jpg (144KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
huehue.jpg
144KB, 1280x1024px
>>61753671
Idk I'd be gay for a day to spend some quality time with the Eat Me Drink Me Manson
>>
Can anyone recommend me some god tier NIN songs after The Fragile album? Haven't kept up with Trent's music
>>
>>61753727
Same, there was something very sexy and inviting about him at that period in time.
>>
>>61753839
Year Zero and The Slip are pretty good
>>
>>61753839
Sunspots, Getting Smaller, Only, Every Day Is Exactly the Same, The Perfect Drug (not actually sure if it came after The Fragile or not, too lazy to look it up), I'm Afraid of Americans (V1), God Given, Meet Your Master, In This Twilight, Zero-Sum
>>
>>61753696
I've heard a few tracks and it's clear Manson is one doing music he feels passionate about and engaged with, it's just not the kind of music I'm into. Biker bar rock with a bluesy lyrical twinge performed by The Artist Formerly Known as The God of Fuck doesn't work for me (most "white boy blues" doesn't). Just my opinion, and I think TPE gives all Manson's fans a reason to be optimistic about his future musical development.
>>
>>61752334
They're both good for different reasons. I enjoy both. Manson seems to be getting his groove back. The next album should be good with Twiggy back on board. I think that Trent is more consistent but slightly less fun. Manson is instant gratification and visceral. Trent is controlled pleasure and more cerebral.

I think that now that their biggest inspiration has passed away we're going to see some really good albums. I especially hope it'll snap Manson out of his stupor and make him realize how much time he's wasted.
>>
>>61754123
Twiggy was behind a lot of the writing in Burn Villain and it was pretty terrible. But I agree with your assessment of Trent and Manson as artists. You described them both really well.
>>
>>61754185
Born Villain*, my bad.
>>
>>61754185
That's fair. I did think that the songs he was involved in were more interesting than the rest but you're right, it was a pretty boring listen.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.