[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Modest Mouse? Is it /mu/core? I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: MMMoonandAntarcticaRe.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MMMoonandAntarcticaRe.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
What does /mu/ think of Modest Mouse? Is it /mu/core? I personally like their stuff. Pic related
>>
i used to listen to them a lot ten years ago. i dont ever even get the urge to anymore, ah well.
>>
>>61752327
I have only heard The Lonesome Crowded West about a year or two ago and haven't picked up their other stuff yet. I enjoy their style and music though. What's their best album?
>>
>>61752489
OP's pic
>>
>>61752489

For me, pic related.
>>
>>61752489
it depends. The general consensus is Lonesome Crowded west, but personally i think No One's First and You're next is their overall best.
>>
>>61752507

OP here. Nice to know I started with the best album. It had Paper Thin Walls which I liked the sound of so I naturally picked TMAA first.
>>
>>61752551
yeah its their best, and everywhere and his nasty parlour tricks, and maybe long drive too
>>
M&A is top notch
>>
>>61752670
>>61752648
>>61752507

S-so is it /mu/core?
>>
tbqh family, I always thought lcw was BY FAR their best work.

>truckers atlas
>>
>>61752690
Yeah
>>
>>61752690
who gives a fuck
>>
>>61752690
lonesome crowded west is on one of the /mu/core charts, i think. what does it matter?
>>
>>61752707
yeah but thats the thing. every album has top notch songs and some crap on it. but the moon is the most solid and best sounding i think
>>
this and LCW are usually considered mucore
>>
File: 3x3updated.jpg (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
3x3updated.jpg
2MB, 2400x2400px
>>61752736

I want to fit in, my taste is absolutely pleb tier and I'm new to /mu/. Pic related
>>
>>61752690
fuck off with "mu core" just shut the fuck up
>>
>>61752741
To me LCW has pretty much no filler, maybe shit luck, but thats about it
>>
>>61752765
not sure if bait or...

just listen to music you like man
>>
>>61752765
lol m8, dont just listen to things because they're /mu/-core. The goal of /mu/ is to accumulate your own taste, there is always going to be one faggot that is going to say your taste is shit, its just the way /mu/ works. Listen to what you actually enjoy, not what other people tell you to enjoy. Modal Soul and OK computer are solid 10's btw
>>
>>61752765
-Black Sabbath
-Viva La Vida
+Radiohead
+Aphex Twin
+Modest Mouse
Honestly, I've seen much worse. If you're new to /mu/, you really cannot take too much value in people calling you retarded for listening to what you listen to. Albums that are universally hated and liked here have their reasons but they aren't everything. Just enjoy what you want to enjoy and delve how deep you want to delve. No matter what people will call you autistic for listening to something.
>>
>>61752792
>>61752859

Thanks anons. Any recommendations for stuff like the one in my 3x3?
>>
>>61752791
shit luck is literally the best track shouldnt have been on that album it didnt fit with it, shouldve been on something else
>>
>>61752913
yeah I mean its certainly wasn't terrible. I feel like it couldve gone well on the fruit that ate itself maybe
>>
>>61752905
Boards of canada
Built to spill
Dinsaur Jr
Smashing Pumpkins
Kyuss
>>
File: 5X5 as of 1.11.2016 (smaller).png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
5X5 as of 1.11.2016 (smaller).png
1MB, 800x800px
>>61752905
Check out Bon Iver, Everything Everything, and Arcade Fire, specifically all of their most recent albums. I had somewhat similar taste to you when I first joined, so here's my 5x5 if you want to listen to any of it.
>>
>>61752949
yeah thatd be the one id say too
>>
>>61752974
>>61752972

Thanks anons, but I just derailed my own fucking thread.
>>
>>61752489
The Lonesome Crowded West is really good, however, I'd say The Fruit That Ate Itself. Terribly underrated I think.
>>
>>61753081
no fucking way dude

Sure, I completely agree its underrated, but in no way does it compare to the likes of lcw, m&a or even building nothing.
>>
>>61753129
Don't get me wrong, I love lCW it's the album that got me into Modest Mouse. Building Nothing and Long Drive are great too, but personally, there's something about The Fruit That Ate Itself that puts it above those. Objectively, LCW is probably their best, but personally I gotta go with Fruit.
>>
LCW > Long Drive > TMAA > We Were Dead > Good News > STO
>>
I love This is a Long Drive so much. Sad that it's more overlooked than their other albums, but it does need to grow on your overtime.
Love the gloomy but somewhat hopeful atmosphere to it. Seems like a great road trip album.
>>
>>61752489
TMAA, It's more palatable then TLCW which some people don't like but it doesn't have stuff like Shit luck and Truckers Atlas on it so I'd say It's better.
>>
>>61752327
They've been one of my favorite bands since I was 15, but I feel kind of bad saying I'm a fan of theirs now because I hardly listen to them. I think I listened to them too much in high school, but I still think they have some really great tracks.

I've had to come to terms with the fact that almost none of their albums are that good as a whole. M&A and LCW are my two favorite albums and there are a good number of tracks I downright dislike/got sick of.
>>
>>61752791
Convenient parking tho
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.