[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitchfork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (284KB, 987x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
284KB, 987x1566px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>61746619
they're all cvcks, friend.
>>
lmao desu
>>
They brainwashed this entire board as well.

This used to be a mostly rock/"indie" oriented place, now it's Plebddit/KTT/Twitter/Tumblr: The 4chan board.
>>
>>61746619
best i ever had would be in the top 10 if p4k had changed their demographic back then.
>>
UNBEARABLE WHITENESS OF MUSIC
>>
BIG
>>
I don't really follow p4k, but let me say this:

Point number 1:
I really do not care about the skin color of the artist who makes the music, i care about the music itself, which is what should really count. pitchfork should not take into account how much people from X skin color should be in a list, they should make the list purely on the quality of the albums.

Point 2:
With all that said,
Knowing p4k, i do think there is a degree of "trying to fix racism" by giving higher ratings to African Americans, which is actually trying to fix racism with a different kind of racism, which is kind of ironic. But even then, your complain should not be just that there are alot of African Americans in that list, because when you put it in this way it just seems racist. in my opinion, you should have stated in your op that the unreasonable rise of Africans Americans on this list is an indication that p4k are overrating this artists to try and "counter racism". the way you expressed things in the op with "why is this allowed" might be interpreted as if you think it's not legitimate under any circumstances to have a large number of African Americans in the chart.
>>
black music has improved
>>
>>61747766

I think it's self-explanatory.

>>61748500

Black music peaked with jazz/soul/funk, all which are dead genres now.
>>
It's not even a race thing, it's just because those songs are trendier/BNM is usually paid for.
>>
>>61746619
>pitchfork started out as an indie rock (a mostly white genre) publication
>gradually became a mainstream publication
Why is this hard to understand? Pitchfork got much more popular since 2009 and has been reviewing more mainstream music
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.