[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i literally dont get it most of this guy's work is really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: david-bowie-success-anxiety.jpg (19KB, 425x317px) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie-success-anxiety.jpg
19KB, 425x317px
i literally dont get it
most of this guy's work is really boring and generic
the only solid albums he did were Low and Blackstar
aladdin sane and station have their moments, but they are still just above mediocre, and not by much.
Pic related is the most overrated one
everything else is lame.
i cant belive people hang on this guys dick so much, some even compare him with the beatles lol.
>>
File: cover.jpg (61KB, 710x710px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
61KB, 710x710px
>>61741191
i fucked up pic related was supposed to be this, but still makes sense i guess lol
>>
>>61741191
David Bowie >>> The Beatles
>>
The beatles are merely a glorified boy band
>>
bait
>>
>Visconti said Bowie had called him about a week before his death and "at that late stage, he was planning the follow-up to Blackstar".

>"I was thrilled," said the producer. "I thought, and he thought, that he'd have a few months, at least. So the end must've been very rapid. I'm not privy to it. I don't know exactly, but he must've taken ill very quickly after that phone call."

>Although the record features lyrics such as "Look up here, I'm in heaven," its producer Tony Visconti said the star had written and demo-ed five new songs in recent weeks.

Dying wasn't part of his plan
>>
boring, 3/10
>>
>>61741683
>>61741782
is not
>>61741601
yeah ok name a bowie song as good as any of this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2ckzXgrx4
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQK-UcRezE (what in the hell is this cut up JewTube?)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jk3bFeSUY
>>
i keep wondering why people are riding bowie's dick so hard. he never did anything "new" (some asshole with an aladdin sane tat tried to tell me he invented blue eyed soul with young americans lol) and really the only thing i'm seeing in all these memorials is "he let me be a weirdo because i'm not unique enough to be different on my own". you would think someone who left such a massive impact on music would have written some, i dunno, groundbreaking music?

bowie has always been about riding coattails and adaptation. "a musical chameleon". low was a good album because brian eno had his godly fingers all over it. ziggy was a paint by numbers rock album with a slightly weird narrative to back it up. nothing excites. nothing pushes forward.
>>
>>61741878
>is not

It is. Now fuck off back to reddit faggot with your mediocre b8.
>>
>>61741191
The Beatles are exactly the same if you compare the style and how much they are overrated
>>
>>61741878
Literally almost any Bowie song from the 70s is as good as those. It's not like it matters if I even name them cause you'll just reply with a "nope" or something. It's your subjective shit opinion.
>>
>>61741191
Is today shitty bait day on /mu/ or something? This one isn't even engaging, it's just meh.
>>
>>61741191
David Bowie is appreciated by the ''artistic'' normie, that's it. He's music IS very bland.
>>
is there any modern group or artist near this scale.
>>
Bowie is the Radiohead of the 70s; The borderline between radio friendly and artsy.
>>
>>61742005
*jacks off and cums all over this post*
UNNNGG!!! UNGGGGHHH!!! UNGGGGHHHH!!!! UUUUUNNNGGGHHH!!!! UUUUUNNNNGGGHHH!!!! UUUNGGGGHHHH!!! UNGHHHH!!!! UUUUUNNNNGGGGHHHH!! UNGGGGGHHHH!!!! UUUUUUNNNNGHH!!!!! UUUUNGGGGHHHH!!! UUUUUUUUNNNNNGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! UUUNNNNGGGGHHHHH!!!! UUUNNNNGGGHHH!! UUUUUNNNNNNGGGHHHH!!! UUUUUNNNNGGGGHHHH!!! UUUUUUUUNNNNNGGGGGHHHH!!!! UUUNNNNGGGHHHH!!! UUUUNNNGGHHH!!!! UUUUNNNGGGHHH!!!!!! UUUUNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH!!! UUUNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! UUUUUNNNNGGGGHHHH!!! UNGGGHHHHH!!! UUUUUNGHHHH!!!! UUUUNNNNGGGGHHHHH!!!! UUUUUUUUUNNNNGGGGHHHHH!!!! UUUUUUNNNGGGHHH!!! UUUUUUNGHHHH!!! UUUUUUUNGH!!!!! UUUUUUUUNNNNNGGGGHHHHH!! UUNNNNNNGGGHHHHHH!!! UNNNNNNNNNNGHHHH!!! UUUUNNNGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
>>
I respect David Bowie but a lot of his music does nothing for me, personally.
>>
>>61741579
>>61741601
this, bowie was an amazing musician and artist whose creativite went beyond music as well, instead of being a bunch of catchy songwriters who'd hold on to any cultural meme of the time
>>
>>61741191
>be le me
>love le beatles
>they're le greatest band ever!!!
>le david bowie dies
>lmao whos david bowie?
>people le like david bowie
>try listening to david bowie
>le me: "wtf none of his music sounds like i want to hold your hand or yesterday, he sucks!"
>le me:"i want to tell people my objective opinion on music but i dont want le downboats in case people disagree with me, i know, i'll post on le 4chans and if they disagree with me i'll show them how i think none of bowies work stands up against my favorite beatles songs and then i can tell reddit how i won an internet argument against fake anonymoose"
pretty ironic that you call bowie mediocre, generic and overrated and then use the beatles as the opposite of bowie you twat
>>
why not just agree that in retrospect both acts are lame as fuck entry level art school fodder that barely contributed to the advancement of music?
>>
>>61741878
The bridge on Something gets me so hyped, but all of these are pretty straight forward pop, yeah a Day in the Life is very theatrical, but Bowie does it better with Life on Mars, Moonage ect...
>>
>>61742567
je kiffe
>>
>>61742542
because that would be simply untrue
>>
Share it if you like it!
Make it viral, amigo!
>>
>>61741737
do you think they'll ever release those 5 demos?
>>
>>61743438
give it maybe a half year at the least for the wound of his death to heal. At most I'd say five years before we see them.
>>
>>61741191
David Bowie is a fucking faggot

He claimed to be gay and then "OH WAIT NO IM NOT I JUST WANTED TO OFFEND PEOPLE LOL"

Then he tried to cover his tracks by fucking some Afro like a fucking cuck

He is the most disgusting thing that has ever walked the face of the earth: a white sellout bitch to the powers that be.

Fuck him, listen to Staind and Limp Biskit.
>>
>>61742005
jesus fucking this, thank you
>>
>>61741191
thats your opinion and you are entitled to it
i suppose it was the quick transitions between "boring" and "good" that made his "good" music "great" and his "boring" music popular
>>
>>61742005
>I'm too pleb to into Bowie and I'm mad cause I feel left out
>>
A lot of people make albums with a lot of filler and one or two good songs. The album is practically a single, they just don't want to admit it. It's not their fault, the market is for LPs even though most people can't write that many good songs quickly.
>>
>>61742542
Now listen to this bleep bloop shit I found on soundcloud!
>>
>>61742017
it's not bait if he's right
>>
>>61742005
this
>>
>>61741683
>>61741782
>le bait meme

please fuck off back to reddit
>>
My only criticism of Bowie is that for most of the albums you listen to the titular track and it's so much better than the other songs that you get burnt out

>Starman
>Man Who Sold The World
>Diamond Dogs
>Heroes

You can say the same for a lot of artists though 2bf
>>
File: angry bait.jpg (46KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
angry bait.jpg
46KB, 625x626px
>>61744325
>Limp Bizkit >>> David Bowie

>Limp Bizkit

nice b8 m8

also fucking kek
>>
>>61742005
You must be really dead inside.
>>
>>61746179
he's right though
>>
If he was short and ugly no one would give a fuck about him

There's a reason tons of girls on Facebook/Tumblr miss him, he was attractive and average, which goes further than being ugly and great
>>
>>61746305
He wasn't tall
>>
>>61745584
>The Rise and Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
>Features "Ziggy Stardust"
>Starman
Is this bait?
>>
>>61746349
>5'10"

He wasn't short either

5'10" is legit the cut off before short. Same height as Lemmy
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 915x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 915x678px
>>61746349
>5'10"

lmao what a manlet
>>
>>61746374
>5'10" is legit the cut off before short.
>manlets in denial actually believe this
>>
>>61746555

Great meme
>>
>>61746390
>6'4"
>6 inches taller than bowie
>height hasnt granted me magical pussy slaying, corporate intimidating powers
>why even live
>>
>>61746390
>tfw 6'11"

feels good man
>>
>>61742005
People are riding his dick hard because he served for many as an introductory to more "experimental" side of music. While most of singles were pop Low and Aladdin Sane still set him apart. He has shown that he can do a diverse amount of genres and he has shown that he can grow with the times.

For many people it is nostalgia or respect. He is beloved because he is relevant. Unlike other monumental figures, every few years Bowie comes back. For people who are not "trying to achieve patriciandom on an imageboard", he was always a relevant figure. The noise surrounding his death is because it was so unexpected. If Brian Wilson died tomorrow, yeah it would suck but the reactions will not be the same. It is simply due to relevancy.
>>
>>61746652
why arent you in the nba
>>
I listened to Low and Heroes and they were legit boring as fuck.

Competent musicians playing behind him (nothing that interesting, just competent) while he sang over with absolutely nothing melodically going on
>>
>>61746719
Give the records a few spins before you trust your virgin ears, you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>61746250
He isn't wrong but he's not right either. Bowie doesn't mean anything to him, but he meant something to a fuck of a lot of people and did revolutionize the way we look at pop music.
>>
>>61746719
try Station to Station
>>
>>61746758
>>61746771

Only two Bowie songs I've ever liked

-Space Oddity (well executed song and great vocal delivery)
-China Girl (fun and catchy)

What other songs would I like by him? I'm the guy who liked nothing on Low/Heroes btw.

This may sound dumb but I love Ariel Pink and I guess he's influenced by Bowie?
>>
i literally dont get it
i literally don't get things that some people get
some people literally get some albums, and I literally only get them on a mediocre level
i literally dont get it
i literally dont get how people like things that i literally dont get
>>
>>61746835
>these are the plebs bashing Bowie on /mu/
>>
>>61742005
i literally dont get it
>>
What about a new Bowie meme?
Check this out:
https://youtu.be/-wCLmrap83E
And make it viral!
>>
>>61747171
It's more parasitic than viral.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.