[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished pic related, holy shit that closer. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 81OblqEa-CL._SL1426_.jpg (419KB, 1426x1426px) Image search: [Google]
81OblqEa-CL._SL1426_.jpg
419KB, 1426x1426px
Just finished pic related, holy shit that closer.

What's your favorite ween album, /mu/?
>>
File: Ween-TheMollusk.jpg (269KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ween-TheMollusk.jpg
269KB, 1280x1280px
This is my most normal opinion regarding someone's best album.
>>
>>61722581
This was the first album I picked up by then and it didn't really do much for me.
Ocean Man and the title track are great, I also liked Mutilated Lips but besides that I felt like there was a lot of filler.
Blarney Stone is pretty great. I'll have to revisit it sometime.
>>
I like their early punk influenced stuff on godweensatan, but the Mollusk and Quebec are great as well.
C&C is nice but has a horrendous cover
>>
>>61722641
>a lot of filler
there is at most one filler song
>>
>>61722721
hey those are some fine ass titties
>>
>>61722721
they wanted a gay sailor, would that have been worse?
>>
>>61722749
It would be more fitting
>>
>>61722774
AIDS
>>
The Pod. That album is so... wonky.
>>
>>61722380
Probably their best work, I'd put it slightly above >>61722581 because, although I do love both albums, the variety and the emotion that is conveyed through Quebec, when listened to in context, is just really really powerful to me. A very negative album compared to much of their other work, and a very personal one.
>>
Quebec is and always will be my favorite.
The Mollusk is incredible as well but the hipster in me doesn't want to say that.

Synthetic Socks is also a huge favorite of mine.
>>
>>61722965
What exactly was that context of Quebec?
>>
>>61724545
as a whole, the album is a lot of gener reflecting on his alcoholism and drug addictions, as well as the typical ween fare of "take a weird sound and make an entire song around it"
>>
>>61724545
Gene's divorce and his addictions.
>>61724682
Moreso his divorce, but yeah.
>>
>>61724545
As anon said, addiction. I remember not liking It's Gonna Be a Long Night at first, but eventually I realized the point of it. It's the opening of this depressing album about addiction, and it's literally saying get ready, because it's gonna be long night.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFl7IPQqGdg

I've just started listening to Ween.
What is up with this song?
>>
The Pod obv
>>
>>61724905
Gener is legit jewish
>>
>>61724905
hahaaa man nobody talks about shinola for some reason.... i love this shit and especially this song
>>
File: 220px-Ween-WhitePepper[1].jpg (4KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ween-WhitePepper[1].jpg
4KB, 220x220px
i think this is the most listenable, but it also has a lot of duds so idk
>>
>>61725113
Well it's not a real album. It's just a collection of tracks that never made it onto other albums.
>>
>>61725306
cool album art, thouhg, reminds me of that francis bacon triptych :)
>>
>>61725113
Shinola is amazing. Gabrielle is a perfect Thin Lizzy song, and it describes pretty well a relationship I had with a girl named Gabrielle. But yeah, front to back that "album" is awesome.

It does have the inferior version of Someday though. The version from Caesar (which also has some of Ween's best stuff) is sooo much browner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkVPap7TqYw
>>
Anyone else think Happy Colored Marbles is way overrated?
>>
>ctrl+f "Pure Guava"
>0 or 0
>>
>>61725383
Yep. Ween are in my top 4 artists of all time, but what I love about them and what everyone else loves about them are often way different. Happy Colored Marbles gets skipped by me more often that not, and Transdermal Celebration is way overrated (the lyrics slay though).
>>
>>61722380
oh fuck, fav ween album?
MAYBE Quebec
or similarly white pepper...
but 12 golden country greats was fucking brilliant
as was shinola
>>
>>61725468

I'm a sucker for Transdermal, but I agree with what you say. La Cucaracha has some of my favorite Ween songs on it while most other fans pretend it barely exists
>>
>>61725308
oh, uh, well, i mean, thats still an album to me, lol

12 golden country greats is my favorite album by them. absolutely flawless. makes me wish they made a christmas album just like this
>>
>>61725427
Pure Guava was the first album i really listened to and believe it or not its what got me into them lol
>>
quebec, pure guava, the mollusk, chocolate and cheese are my top favorites. can't pick one i'd choose over another.

i like their whole discography immensely with the exception of white pepper and la cucaracha. also, shinola vol. 1 is understandably just ok because it's just a bunch of b-side tracks from over the years.
>>61722733
funny fact: mickey and received that photo anonymously and wanted to meet/thank the girl but never found out who she was.
>>61725306
that's like saying the final cut by pink floyd is their best album. there was no collaborative process for either album. white pepper is all gene, and the final act is all roger waters. therefore, neither are very good, and i don't just say that because of what i just mentioned, you can tell by the sound of each album that the whole of the group's creative input is incomplete.
>>
>>61725510
and this track better fucking be on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqmlv_PUJs
>>
>>61725510
holy fuck an xmas album! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
>>
>>61722799
>>61724942
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

>>61725427
pure guava = the pod
>>
>>61725505
Yeah La Cuc gets way more shit heaped on it than it deserves. Object is my fucking jam.
>>
>>61725589

The emotion in Object is great. The only song I actually dislike on LC is Spirit Walker. The sax part in Your Party is fucking sexy, too
>>
>>61725510
I adore 12 Country Greats, I consider it more of a spin-off project though, as do the duo themselves.
>>
>>61725539
>white pepper is all gene
You seem to be implying that Gene isn't the dominant creative force of the band and the only one who actually matters.
>>
>>61725647
With My Own Bare Hands is fucking hilarios btw
>>
>>61725680
>>61725510
Help Me Scrape the Mucus Off My Brain (the version off Live in Toronto) is my go-to hangover song.
>>
>>61725510
>>61725542
>>61725680

crazy thing is neither of them played any instruments on that record. all top of the line nashville country musicians. except i think mickey did guitar on fluffy, but that's it.
>>
>>61725705
he actually isnt but ok
>>
>>61725705
cuz he ain't. aarons solo shit is great, but it isn't ween. mickey provides a significant amount of brown
>>
>>61725728
It's the Shit Creek Boys!
>>
>>61725705
wholly fuck take that back. there'd be nothing but acoustic guitar strumming if it weren't for dean.

also, dean is equally as talented in the songwriting aspect. i'm not sure you even know which songs were written by who.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (64KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
64KB, 680x680px
>>61725706

My face every time i hear that song
>>
>>61725774
Synthetic Socks clearly proves you're full of shit.
>>
>>61722380
Ween bananas and blows
>>
>>61725775
>>61725706
>She's gonna be my cock professor, studying my dick
>>
HEY FAT BOY
>>
So, what was Deaner talkin' about, /mu/?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 640x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 640x753px
>birthday boy
>>
>>61722581
It's Gonna Be Alright is such a damn good feelsy song, I always end up listening to it when I'm down
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>"Mind your wandering eye, you little mollusk"

What did he mean by this
>>
>>61725306
If you took out Ice Castles, Back to Basom, and The Grobe it would be a 10/10 album
>>
>>61728271
That ultimately no matter where you go in life you'll end where everyone does, gone. You can hear it over and over again but it isn't until one random morning, where the wash is out and hanging up like it always is, that all at once you realize all you have is nothing.
>>
>friend only listens to ween
>plays ween every time we are at his house
>it's ok though cause ween is good
>friend passes away
>transdermal celebration at his funeral
>brought back all the good times
>cry
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.