[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't stop listening. Was gonna put some Beach Boys on but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: Blackstar.jpg (47KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Blackstar.jpg
47KB, 1500x1500px
Can't stop listening. Was gonna put some Beach Boys on but just ended up spinning this again. Anyone else got it on repeat?
>>
The last time I played I Can't Give Everything Away I cried like a bitch.
>>
>>61706677
>Beach Boys
Hello, Reddit!
>>
>>61706677
You gonna play lots of Beach Boys when Brian dies this year.
>>
>>61706677
I'll listen to Blackstar when I'm ready to let him go...
>>
>>61706726
>very old
>overweight
>history of drugs and smoking
>mentally unstable
hell be fine
>>
Should I check it out? The only Bowie album I fully listened to and liked was Lets Dance. Listened to Lazarus and it was great.
>>
I had Low and Blackstar on repeat all day.
>>
I've listened to this seven times now and it just sounds like a mediocre rip-off of Radiohead's last two albums. Can someone tell me what I'm not getting?
>>
>>61706774
His mental state is significantly better than it was 20 or even 10 years ago, but he still hears voices.
>>
>>61706777
The first song, the title track, might be the most challenging for you to get into then. It's the most challenging song on the track listing (though I do think it's brilliant). Give it a try though if only to know what the hype is about. The album as a whole is really great.
>>
>>61706829
It isn't even remotely similar.
>>
>>61706832
I didn't hear voices. It was a conscious decision on my part.
>>
I Can't Give Everything Away is a total fucking ripoff of A New Career In A New Town.
>>
>>61706677
Same here. I've listened to it at least 25 times since release. I wouldn't say it's perfect obviously. But it's haunting. It's like Bowies soul transferred to the album.
>>
>>61706916
Thanks for helping me understand!
>>
>>61706829
What.
If you think In Rainbows and TKOL sound similar to Blackstar you're literally deaf
>>
>>61706939
But I don't know what you expect me to tell you when musically, In Rainbows/TKOL are very very different. Blackstar is rooted in avant-jazz and the progressive, and Radiohead's in the electronic and indie/post rock.
>>
What character was Bowie on Low?

Or was it not a character at all...?
>>
>>61706917
Brian get off the computer
>>
>>61706974
I don't know if it's the production or what, but the entire first half of the album sounds like "Bodysnatchers" and "Bangers and Mash". Everything else sounds like TKOL except even less interesting. I wish the production were more nuanced.
>>
>>61706975
you're a fucking moron
>>
>>61706975
you're a fucking character
>>
>>61707095
see: >>61707339
>>
can anyone mega The Man Who Sold The World?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKpJl4D8bc
>>
>>61706975
He was not a character for Low, but the cover art is a still from his role in The Man Who Fell to Earth.
>>
>>61707339
You're a fucking idiot, if you didn't know, for a change, Low was an album told from Bowie's perspective and not one of his stage personas.
>>
>>61707496
Was he not still in Thin White Duke or did he stop that character once the cocaine stopped?
>>
I'm starting to think Eno was the true creative force behind Low, how come none of the other albums even come close to it.
>>
>>61707605
NICE

PASTA
>>
>>61707587
Yeah, he stopped being the Duke after Station to Station.
>>
>>61707400
>>
>>61707618
Can I ask a serious question?

I've been gone from /mu/ for a few months...when exactly did it become popular for posts to be called "memes" and "pasta" anytime anyone disagrees with them?
>>
>>61707677
Nice pasta, nerd.
>>
>>61707677
But I've seen this exact statement posted about 20 times word for word.
>>
>>61707605
Bowie was an overrated hack more known for his wild appearance than his talent at composing or perfoming. He was a trendhopper who basically ripped off other shit that was going on around him and watered it down for a mainstream audience. His few good albums were collabs with more talented musicians like Eno.
>>
>>61707697
Can you just answer the question? I don't care if I'm not the only one to ask this.
>>
>>61707784
Because Bowie's made a ton of great albums without Eno and Low isn't even his best?
>>
File: 4WjN5AA.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
4WjN5AA.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
Lazarus is the best track on this album
Anyone disagree?
>>
>>61707905
That doesn't answer my question. I've seen tons of posts calling other posts "memes" that had nothing to do with Bowie.
>>
>>61708020
>wrong cane

I get that the two snakes look cool but it's supposed to be one snake and no wings. Jesus Christ.
>>
>I CAN'T GIVE EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG...

;__;
>>
File: bowie.jpg (52KB, 634x644px) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
52KB, 634x644px
>i was lookin for yo ass

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: living on.jpg (892KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
living on.jpg
892KB, 1920x1080px
>>61706763
Same here. Won't be for a while.
>>
>>61708047
Well I don't know but the original post I replied to was pasta, that's all
>>
>>61708088
>Jesus came to Jerusalem riding on a donkey (ass)
>Lazarus was a sickly man who died and was revived by Jesus
>>
>>61708088
Stylistic contrast to bring more attention to the lyrics. The actually lyric is suppose to show a regular guy trying to reconnect to friends who he hasn't seen in awhile.
>>
> tfw when you realize the title track is about the people who Bowie inspired carrying on his legacy through their own music

> tfw when you realize you're a talentless, unoriginal hack who can barely even create or play music

> tfw you're not a part of the Blackstar
>>
>>61707784

Because Bowie was the creative force of like 8 of his own albums that are vastly superior to Low (including Heroes) and also the creative force of some of the best albums of Lou Reed, Iggy Pop and other's careers.

Eno is cool and all but his career is objective shit compared to Bowie's
>>
>>61706829
You're listening to a man dealing with the fact that he's gonna die soon.
>>
>>61706934

i thought it was a beautiful recontextualization of one of his most underrated and beautiful songs. either way, that harmonica is god-tier
>>
>>61708269

The title track is about death. Blackstar is death. This part is death mocking David, saying she is not a filmstar or a popstar like him but she's going to take him anyways, also calling him a "flash in the pan" while she, the Blackstar, is the Great I Am:

>I can’t answer why (I’m a blackstar)
>Just go with me (I’m not a filmstar)
>I’m-a take you home (I’m a blackstar)
>Take your passport and shoes (I’m not a popstar)
>And your sedatives, boo (I’m a blackstar)
>You’re a flash in the pan (I’m not a marvel star)
>I’m the Great I Am (I’m a blackstar)
>>
Where the fuck did Monday go?
>>
>>61706763
>>61708095
do yourselves a favor and listen now
this is a goodbye meant to be heard now of all times
>>
>>61706677
Right now i'm addicted to Dollar days. Love this song so much.
>>
Anyone prefered the jazz version of "Tis a pity she was a whore" instead of the new one?
>>
>>61706677
Listened to it about 10 times through.
Its still good. Lazarus a best.
>>
I have literally had it on repeat since I received it on the 8th. It has not stopped.

Seriously contemplating getting OPs picture tattooed on my right hand.

God, I've shed so many tears. And they still keep falling :'(
>>
>>61708741
>Seriously contemplating getting OPs picture tattooed on my right hand.
You may have a mental disorder.
>>
>>61708741
>And they still keep falling :'(

>Falling
>Falling, falling
>Falling in love
>>
>>61706934

This song actually fucking haunted me on the second listen after his death. 'A New Career in a New Town' was my favorite track from Low, one that I listened to a lot in some fucked up times. Listening to it after his death had weird echoes of my past and I didn't know how to feel about it all.
>>
need a link to download
I cant find anything
>>
>>61706829
why would you spend 7 hours of your life listening to something you don't enjoy?
>>
>>61708851
Or go fuck yourself and purchase it to show support for the greatest musician in history
>>
>>61708868
he released the whole thing for free on YT, im pretty sure he wouldnt mind
>>
>>61708851
Are you literally retarded? I just don't see how this is possible
>>
>>61708868
What would a dead man need her money for?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.