[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else really depressed right now? I'm not usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

File: david bowie.jpg (246KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
david bowie.jpg
246KB, 1024x576px
Is anyone else really depressed right now? I'm not usually one to be floored by a celebrity's death but I grew up listening to Bowie. He was a type of person who was so weird, you sort of expect them to be there forever. It's kinda hard to explain, but his weirdness and creativity just gave off this vibe that he was immortal. I guess it's just a grim reminder that every one of us will croak one day or another.
>>
>>61679249
>his weirdness and creativity just gave off this vibe that he was immortal

I keep hearing this repeated and it sounds so dumb. when blackstar came out how did you not think "wow he looks pretty old he's not gonna be around for much longer"
>>
But he is immortal, anon. He will always be alive whenever someone listens to one of his albums.
>>
>>61679296
I guess I knew in the back of my head that it was going to happen sooner or later, but I'm still pretty shaken that it happened just now. I guess it's kinda like that with everyone. You know your parents will die one day, but that doesn't make it any easier on the day that they do pass away.
>>
>>61679308
that was deeper than a thimble full of water
>>
>>61679249
At the same time, the death of any artist is the occasion for a New Orleans funeral of celebrating the life, whether or not you believe in a literal one beyond the grave, or talk too literally of the metaphorical one their work's survival constitutes.
>>
I was depressed as fuck last night when I found out. I was even depressed in my dreams and I almost never have emotions while dreaming. Woke up at 5am still super depressed and went on facebook to see so many posts about bowie. It was beautiful. I felt better after that its been a strange day.
>>
the day mu got sad
>>
Ive been depressed for the last decade. Now it seems to have gone inverse.
I got up today, had a long hot shower and took extra effort to wash myself properly, used conditioner and all that. Then I spent about 30 minutes shaving and trimming facial hair so that I actually look like a decent human being. I think I might actually look for a job this week.
I feel hollow and dead inside.
>>
>>61680438
Keep on trucking anon, this one's for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdlWUQedW9I
>>
>>61680438
Keep going anon, I fucking believe in you.
>>
>>61679296
"bowie is immortal" has been a common feeling to the point of it almost being a meme. go to any "who's gonna die next" thread even years back, and when someone says "bowie" that's literally the response every time. idk man he was such an ubiquitous oddity that was always around, even my parents born in the 60s don't remember pre-Bowie.
>>
I just feel hollow now. I was fighting back tears after I found out for hours. And I finally fell asleep, hoping it was a dream only to find out it was real. You guys can laugh at me all you want, but when I was 16 and depressed, I used to listen to Low a lot in the early morning hours when I couldn't sleep. I've heard it hundreds of times and it never gets old. That album got me through so many bad feelings, and even nowadays, I still listen to it when I feel down and I'm 24. I just wish I could have shook his hands, looked him in the eyes and said "Thank you." at some point in my life.
>>
>>61680644
>You guys can laugh at me all you want
why would i laugh at you anon, literally have had the same experience as you.
>>
I haven't felt this sad since my grandma died. Seriously, I'm amazed at how much I've been hit by this, I didn't even seen him live. I think the saddest thing for me is that the dream about someday meeting him and having a nice chat will never come true.
>>
>>61679249
I got sad in the morning. Then i got the kick to start tracing ideas for a new project. Now i'm drinking my ass off. What the fuck is wrong with this year?
>>
I just want to listen to his whole discography all day but my earphones don't work on my phone anymore so I can't listen to him until I turn on my PC ;-(
>>
>>61679249
haha your rapist idol is dead
>>
>>61680438
anon I sympathize, I have been in a deep depression and now that this has happened I feel weirdly re-energized, I hadnt listened to Bowie in years and suddenly he swept back in and it was like getting a kick in the ass from him.

I havent been taking care of myself or my life or the things I need to do and as shitty as it feels to say it, somehow this has inspired me to get back up again.

Youre not alone
>>
>>61680438
>>61681294
Good, remember to take care of yourselves. It's what Bowie would want.
>>
>>61681294
Fuck, you just inspire me yourself. Thank you.
>>
I'm kinda not phased by all this. He's put out more good shit than I ever really intended to look through, he's an icon whether he's physically there or not and he probably had such a full life that I'd be really out of line feeling bad for him personally.
David Bowie has been a concept more than a person to me for years now. He's one case where I almost literally feel that his legacy does live on.
>>
>>61681450
You are right in everything. For me, the fact that the man hid his own cancer for the concept of his new album destroyed me. I love the idea, but fuck, it drained me. I'm not gonna listen anything Blackstar for a couple months.
>>
>>61679249
Spot-on, OP... Bowie was just one of those cultural presences that everyone recognized, like Gene Simmons or Prince or, shit, I dunno, Bill Cosby. He had been around my entire life and I guess I knew he was getting older, but I never imagined he could actually die. I'm just glad I'm seeing so much love for him the last couple days. When the news came out, a local radio station played his music nonstop for 10 hours, it was amazing.

Rest in peace, Duke.
>>
File: 1447282509181.gif (257KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1447282509181.gif
257KB, 500x341px
>>61679249
>Weeks before Black Star comes out
>Been a Bowie fan since I was 7, one of the first records I bought with my own money was Space Oddity and his first album.
>My Dad and Brother start getting hyped too out of no where. Both like Bowie but aren't as obsessed as I am.
>2 months ago I started reading books on the man.
>Brother had mental illness, didn't complete school and didn't leave his house for some time etc.
>My brother is mentally ill, I had agoraphobia and studied on my own.
>Start feeling personal connection to ol' Ziggy.
>Listen to Black Star 8/10 pretty good.
>Wake up the next day...
>I think it's all a joke... I realize it's not.
>"Hey Anon, your idol passes away"-My Mom.
>It's 2 AM, I have work tomorrow but this pain is still inside me. All I have are his records but they saved my life so many times. R.I.P David Bowie.
>>
>>61681755
>All I have are his records

That's all he ever was he put everything of himself into it, if you have those, you have him, and that's why he's a fucking legend.
>>
All this talk about underage groupies has got me in the mood to watch Almost Famous again.
Thanks lads, I hope we all have a great time listening to Bowie classics.
>>
not depressed at all, Blackstar was one of the worst albums I've ever heard
>>
File: Laughing wenches.jpg (12KB, 203x152px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing wenches.jpg
12KB, 203x152px
>>61681294
>>61680644
>>
>>61680438
like every working man. good luck son.
>>
I wouldn't consider myself a huge Bowie fan, but his track Seven off Hours defined my religious beliefs with "the gods forgot they made me/so i forgot them too". That's a single line out of a single track no one cares about that hit me like a truck. And that was hoe Bowie worked. He has a song for everyone out there to blow their mind, only difference is some have heard their's
>>
>>61679296
I think his death shook me a LOT less than it would have because I watched the Lazarus video last week and realized he looked just completely exhausted and at the end of his rope.
>>
nigga I always feel like killing myself

welcome to the club faggot
>>
>>61682083
man looking on this shit in retrospect hits you fucking hard

he knew obviously and planned it to go this way imo
>>
File: bowie1.png (6KB, 828x129px) Image search: [Google]
bowie1.png
6KB, 828x129px
>>61681859
Capped
>>
I feel a lot better than I though I would.
I attribute this to Blackstar.
There is literally no better way to go.
>>
>>61682125
its not just that friend

this last release was planned with his death imo

I think he really did something others will have to try to top
>>
>>61679249
no shit what the fuck

you guys are all very emotional i have respect for the man and love his music but jesus dont be such a sap. its okay people die, it doesnt have to be sentimental just accept it and respect him in that moment because of it

/mu/ pussies
>>
Something happened on the day he died
Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried
(I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar)
>>
I'm a bit bummed out, but I can still listen to his music so I don't really mind too much
>>
>>61682170
>who was Monday

>david bowie is kill

>no
>>
>>61682145
This.
>>
File: 53.jpg (115KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
115KB, 600x845px
I just listened to the album for the first time since the announcement of Bowie's death. I was afraid to confront what I would feel.

I cried so hard on I Can't Give Everything Away. When A New Career came in I remembered how important that song was to me when I first heard it in 2008. In that moment time collapsed. The distance between 2008 and now, and between 1977 and now felt like the blink of an eye and it was too much to bear. I felt like Bowie was falling into he earth and my ankle was tethered to his. I don't know If I'll ever be able to listen to his back catalog ever again desu.

Other thoughts: The Next Day had audio and visual parallels to heroes. Blackstar has audio and visual (last page of the vinyl booklet) parallels to Low.
>>
You guys are fucking insufferable with this bullshit.
>>
>>61682145
>it doesnt have to be sentimental
when one of the greatest artists (who has affected millions and millions of people for the better) dies, it's good to be a little sentimental.

like fuck if it's your grandma that's one thing but this guy was a legend and it's sad when he's gotta go. as people said he didn't even seem human and the fact he kicked the bucket over cancer is fucking depressing.
>>
>>61681915
I don't understand do you think you're funny?
>>
File: 1405582678893.png (738KB, 1130x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1405582678893.png
738KB, 1130x1527px
>>61679249
Yes. I'm seriously depressed. I usually don't give a rat's ass when people die. I laughed at lemmy and I called Robin Williams a pussy for killing himself.

But Bowie dying is seriously a huge blow for me. We used to jam and warm up to Ziggy Stardust in my high school jazz band. I would listen to Low on walks home. Now high school is behind me, as is bowie, and most of my friends.

I realize that I'll never be able to accomplish even a fraction of what bowie has done. Nothing I ever do will hold a candle to Bowie. I'm 19 and never had a gf and I seriously dislike my friends but I hang out with them because I'll be totally alone without them. I try to make music but it's pretty terrible. I don't have a job.
>>
File: 1440717741684.jpg (17KB, 400x484px) Image search: [Google]
1440717741684.jpg
17KB, 400x484px
I wasn't upset till Space Oddity started playing

>Can you hear me Major Tom
>>
>>61682361
At 19 Bowie was in a band. That's it.

Go to a record store or some place where your interests lie and get a fucking job

Girls will follow when youre ready. Worry not.

Do as Bowie did, and stop giving a fuck. You do you.

Source: 19 yr old record store employee w/gf
>>
File: 1304195708418.jpg (8KB, 251x227px) Image search: [Google]
1304195708418.jpg
8KB, 251x227px
>>61680438
>>
>>61682338
hes being edgy dude

he has no legitimate purpose

I listened to bowies new album and was blown away how he basically made it about his death
>>
File: bowieowie.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
bowieowie.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>61682396
>Tell my wife I love her very much
>she knows
>>
>>61682361
You should read about bowie early career, he had a lot of failure before he made space oddity
>>
>>61679249
I don't get torn up over celebrity deaths or the deaths of anyone that I don't know personally, but something about this floored me.

After a good deal of reflection, I realized it was because my image of Bowie is always so vital, so alive. I honestly thought he'd outlive most of the old rockers, definitely guys like McCartney and Richards. I think that's part of what made him special, really -- Bowie always had a sort of radiant vitality about him, much like Freddie Mercury. You just couldn't help but like the guy and in some ways, be in awe of him. You don't expect your heroes to die. They're gods in our minds, all of them. When they die, it takes away another part of your innocence.

I felt similar when Robin Williams died. It's tough when likable people go, people who are talented, who have contributed and entertained, made you smile. The connection between the listener/viewer and celebrity is pretty damn interesting.
>>
>listening to more David Bowie today than I have in the last 2 months

Pretty sure everyone on Earth has been listening to more David Bowie today than in the last two months
>>
Part of it is that most "out there" entertainers are simply playing a specific character, which they either retire or tone down as they get older, and any mystery/mythology is just based on the character and very clearly removed from reality/not taken beyond the performance. Bowie played bizarre characters and built worlds around them, but the characters were simply vessels for his own larger than life personality and vision. He lived in character and used characters to amplify aspects of his real personality. The mystery and mythology was the man himself, the characters merely a means of exploring it.

the result was an image that seemed immortal and larger than any real human
>>
>>61681755
In some weird way, I feel at peace. I know David is finally home. Home with Terry, Lou, Freddie and Marc. We now have an ending to the story. And what a hell of an ending? The saxophone was the first thing he learned to play and it's fitting his last album is heavy on it. It's fitting the albums-core themes are death, sin and spirituality. David is in a better place now, not sure where but he's resting easy I can assure you all. Good night you pretty star!
>>
Someone should have made a book out of choice comments /mu/ has made on Bowie in the last 24 hours. It would be incredible. "The internet reacts: Bowie"

>>61682539
This is really good.
>>
>>61682684
you should do it
>>
File: 1422067007425.png (45KB, 255x248px) Image search: [Google]
1422067007425.png
45KB, 255x248px
>>61681137
>I think the saddest thing for me is that the dream about someday meeting him and having a nice chat will never come true.
FUCKING THIS
>>
a good friend committed suicide last week, now bowie dies. life seems to fucking be losing its color but theres nothing left to bring it back. all the musical greats are dying and i'll be stuck listening to a bunch of old recordings while the rest of the world moves on. movies are getting worse. music is getting worse. videogames have been shit for a while now. 4chan is quickly degrading.

i need fucking ziggy stardust ;_;
>>
>>61679380
most things are
>>
>>61680303
mark zooksburg is so proud
>>
>>61680438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4a9ppLMx3I

He's up there now, he likes you
>>
tfw when you realize blackstar is David bowie's last persona
>>
>>61682361
fuck you
>so sad
>so hard
>am 19
really : fuck off
>>
>>61683921
>movies are getting worse
>music is getting worse
>videogames have been shit for a while now
>4chan is quickly degrading
why dont you invest yourself in something that isnt shit to begin with fggt
>>
>>61683921
I think you might be having the most trouble with your friend's suicide and shouldn't care so much about all this media that you think is getting worse, and should care basically not at all at the state of 4chan if you can.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.