[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain why death grips still gets their collective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: a0495765240_10.jpg (291KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
a0495765240_10.jpg
291KB, 900x900px
Can someone explain why death grips still gets their collective cock sucked so much around here when this exists? I mean, this dude can actually rap for one thing...
>>
Personally, I like both
>>
>>61674249
This.
>>
>death grips still gets their collective cock sucked so much around here
death grips gets called a meme all over /mu/ what are you talking about?
(P.s your album is a meme too)
>>
Because we can tell when something is forced/comes from a real place. Clipping sucks
>>
>>61673987
I listened to that yesterday. It was ok background noise I guess, but it wasn't really "gripping" if you know what I'm saying haha :)

the vocalist kinda sounds like a bitch

ride has a cooler voice and better lyrics t͏͏b͏͏h
>>
because Clipping sucks. only contrarians go out of their way to say that theyre better than Death Grips
>>
Death grips have style, clipping don't, they just put noise in every thing to hind the shitness from their songs
>>
>>61673987
Death Grips is more interesting vocally by a longshot and I prefer their instrumentation
>>
>>61673987
>babby hasn't listened to fyre
you have bad taste too my friend
TSK TSK TSK
>>
clipping is just ripping off 50s music badly.
>>
File: 1432500892936.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1432500892936.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
REC ME SOME SHIT LIKE THIS OR ILL CAP YO ASS NIGGA
>>
>>61673987
Personally I like DG's production more, besides clipping didn't release as many albums as DG. Is Midcity as good as CLPNG?
>>
>>61673987
Death Grips is the furthest thing from rap and it's actually good.
>inb4 Death Grips isn't good
>>
>>61675574
>Obsessed with my demo tape collection
>>
I want flatty to get swapped out by the noiseman and have zach hill play like if he were in hella.

Hell not having Mick Barr do guitar for DG is unforgivable
>>
>>61675724
Death Grips - The Money Store
Kanye West - Yeezus
>>
>there is a right way to rap
ok
>>
>>61675724
Noisy hip hop?

Dälek
Blackie
Blackhandpath
Le Diktat
Food for animals
There's some /mu/ charts on the wiki with some awesome stuff as well check that out

>>61675805
Midcity is a lot less developed than clppng imho but I see it get a lot of love here

It's different and a lot less catchy on most of the songs and a lot noisier
>>
ITS THE LAST SONG OF THE NIGHT
DONT FORGET TO TIP THE BARTENDER
YOU GOT FUCKED UP THATS ALRIGHT
BUT THAT AINT THE ONLY THING YOU CAME TO DO
ITS TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHO FUCKIN TONIGHT
YEAH IM DRUNKER THAN I EVER BEEN HIGHER THAN I EVER BEEN
>>
File: le gold face.jpg (31KB, 680x365px) Image search: [Google]
le gold face.jpg
31KB, 680x365px
>>61675860
>Kanye West - Yeezus
every time
>>
Agreed. I used to listen to Death Grips before I started listening to Clipping and it's only then did I realize how Death Grips really isn't as interesting as DG seems to think it is. Clipping isn't a one trick pony at least.
>>
the last song with the radio bullshit is the fucking worst thing I have ever heard in my life
>>
>>61675924
>DG
>One trick pony

Sure thing m8y
>>
DG and clipping. are completely different projects.

DG are part band, part theatric group. The production simply sets the backdrop for MC ride's character portrait.

CLPPNG are trying to pay homage to west-coast ganster rap in their own way. They saw an overlooked combination of aesthetics and decided to capitalize on it.

DG are more punk in nature, clipping. is more gangster rap.
>>
>>61675924
>DG
>One Trick Pony
You know that Exmilitary and notm aren't even the same genre right?
>>
>>61675981
I hate when people think 2 homeless guys who do heroin are artsy fartsy . death grips isn't some fucking character study or theatric group.
>>
>>61675924
>continuously changing their sound
>one trick pony
>>
>>61676023
Literally one of the most experimental lyricists alive isn't artsy-fartsy?
>>
>>61675965
Noisy industrial over an impressionable with a mildly impressionable MC. I haven't really seen a noticeable change in that formula. And even if they did, Clipping still have a more widespread sound.
>>
>>61676123
listen to Ex military. then listen to jenny death. then come back and say sorry
>>
>>61676123
but their albums all sound totally different. Compare ExMilitary with Niggas on the Moon, or No Love Deep Web with Government Plates. Youre stupid if you cant hear the variety.
>>
>>61676023
death grips literally is a character study dude. Each album dives deeper and deeper into the fettle of his mind
>>
It's okay, the rapping is decent, the production/instrumentals are great.

7/10 overall.
>>
Ends is by far clippings best song.
>>
>>61676737
daveed diggs is a fantastic lyricist and has unbelievable flow control
>>
>the Stefan is bad at rapping meme
Does this come from people who just skim listened Exmil?
>>
>>61673987
the musics okay but his voice is so fucking annoying
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.