[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitchfork on Blackstar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: death.png (28KB, 658x316px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
28KB, 658x316px
So, now that the album makes more sense, do you think pitchfork need to change the score?

Also, the review starts with:
>"David Bowie has died many deaths yet he is still with us."
>>
>>61660862
they were probably let in on the secret at the time of writing that review, i doubt they'd change it. there's too much foreshadowing in that review for them not to know
>>
Nah. David Bowie is popular and he's a white male. There's no cred to be gained in changing it.
>>
>>61660899
Are you dumb? The news would've leaked had they told the press. Why would they tell the press?
>>
>>61660907
Even more reason for them to change it

Don't forget that In an Aeroplane Over the Sea was ALWAYS A PERFECT TEN.

ALWAYS
>>
fantando changed his score
>>
>>61661024

well he's a faggot, just like pitchfail.
>>
>>61661024
yeah
instagram.com/p/BAYvy2yzUAA/?
>>
>>61660899
>conspirancy
>>
p4k actually wrote something good
>>
>>61660955
Am I out on the loop here with ITAOTS? What happened?
>>
>>61660899
Yes I'm sure Bowie emailed Le Tastemaker to say, I'm dying on Monday, write it right Ryan. Write it right.
>>
>>61662855
Yep, just go to /r/outoftheloop and they'll be happy to accomodate you.
>>
>>61660862
>changing the score cause he died
I hope not.
>>
>>61660862

Pitchfork thinks everything is, or should be, polemical.

They took this beautiful, fearful, powerful and seminal (in relation to bowies life) album and reviewed it as a middle finger to the man.

>Rather than trying to outrun those years, as he did in the '80s and '90s, he is now mining them in a resolutely bizarre way that scoffs at greatest-hits tours, nostalgia, and brainless regurgitation.

Pitchfork is absolutely shit and you should feel shit for caring what they think.
>>
Ryan Dombal is the only great writer at Pitchfork.
>>
>>61662855
Nothing. Anon is clueless. They gave the reissue s 10 when they had given it in 1997 a 8.7 or whatever. Read: the same thing they do with every classic album.
>>
>>61663018
why are you angry at this statement?
>>
>>61663018
They should review it again. It takes on a whole new meaning once you know it's a goodbye and he was recording songs on his death bed.
>>
>>61663060
he just explained why ya fuckin' mong
>>
>>61660907
He may have been a white male, but he was a black star.
>>
>>61663097

I fully agree with you, it's extremely clear what Bowie was exploring in Blackstar, with the knowledge he was aware of his impending death; it's a remarkable swan song.

P4k re-reviewing though, idgaf. I think they're wholly unsuited to comment as they're too busy with their own agenda to look at anything in a broader context, especially in relation to an artists personal life - unless that artist has been a victim of misogyny or is literally illiterate beyond screaming FUCK THE SYSTEM.
>>
>>61663115
no, he said why he was angry and then gave an irrelevant quote that he has no reason to be angry at. that's why i asked why he was angry at the quote you mong
>>
>>61660862
who gives a fuck about pitchfork... do something better with ur life. how about you make a music blog and make it a 10 and stop sucking pitchforks dick
>>
>>61662906
kek
>>
>>61660862
No because he's still with us.

He will always be with us.
>>
>>61664886
>pitchfork posts article compiling celebrity reactions
>kanye west, kendrick lamar, and erykah fucking badu are within the top 5 posted

holy shit fuck pitchfork
>>
>>61663018
I don't go to pitchfork anymore and this was the first review I'd read on there in a couple years because Bowie's Facebook posted it when it came out.

Not saying it's super important or more than "hey look at this press we're getting!" but pitchfork and the review must have been on his team's radar at least.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.