[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes something /mu/core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (146KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1136x640px
What makes something /mu/core
>>
>>61659078
We talk about it a lot
>>
When did Remain In Light and Spiderland start gaining traction here? I feel like they weren't /mu/core before.
>>
>>61659171
Is this your first week? People talk about them all the time.
>>
>>61659129
this

that's literally all, perceived "quality" of the album isn't a factor, it is literally meant to be a snapshot of what albums you will most often see discussed on /mu/

some of it is a little outdated (King Crimson, Kid A), but serves as a sort of "Hall of Fame" to show a sort of legacy status
>>
>>61659217
This is the first time I've been here in like a year and a half. I never really came to /mu/ all that often from 2009-2013.
>>
>>61659291
>This is the first time I've been here in like a year and a half
>here let me pretend I know what I'm talking about
>>
is it just me or is unwound the new radiohead
>>
>>61659335
All I did is ask a question lel.

Board is still shit after all these years.
>>
>>61659375
Not relevant
>>
>>61659395
lel
>>
>>61659171
IIRC the original list was

Aeroplane
OK Computer
Kid A
Crimson King
Loveless
MPP

Then /mu/ started getting into Kanye and now no one knows what's really /mu/core.
>>
>>61659418
Oh you are from reddit. Time to go back there.
>>
>>61659436
I remember all of those albums being here all the time and by 2011 MBDTF was all the rage here.

I knew I wasn't getting dementia

>>61659486
Probably been here longer than you scrub
>>
Since when is spirit theyve gone mu core? Its always been MPP
>>
>>61659358
How so?
>>
>>61659501
>Probably been here longer than you scrub
Based on your posts thus far, nah.
>>
>>61659557
I take it you're an original Epic Fail Guy DSFARGEG memester from 2006?
>>
>>61659078
We should replace ExM with NotM
>>
>>61659595
>>61659395
>>
>>61659436
correct

Hospice was generally considered an honorable mention at least back then though
>>
>>61659637
You're such a pussy.
>>
>>61659171
>shitting on The Four Faggots Go Swimming
Its better than Anerican Football s/t and the only reason people include that is because "i know its super corny but muh feels"

I think spiderland should be included for the same reason because its actually kind of decent and also muh feels
>>
>>61659727
I don't know how you got that I was shitting on them. I was just saying I don't remember seeing /mu/ posting about them all that much and I was surprised to see them featured on this image.

Isn't /mu/core supposed to mean music widely discussed and critiqued on /mu/ or did it come to mean something like "meme ridden music for edgy teens"?
>>
>>61659697
>>61659395
>>
>>61659812
If you haven't been here in years, how would you know what is discussed or not?
>>
>>61659812
It always meant "meme ridden music for edgy teens" you cancerous fuck

It wasnt like inclusion in a /mu/core list was on the same level of winning the Nobel prize back in 2010
>>
>>61659812
>music widely discussed and critiqued on /mu/
>meme ridden music for edgy teens

these two are literally the same thing on /mu/
>>
>>61659887
None of my post implied I thought the music was good. There'd almost always be a IATOTS thread here, but that didn't mean it was always getting shit on. Even with every /mu/core album you'd get your supporters and detractors. Like with any /mu/core thread, you'd always also see it on page 0.

>>61659857
That's why I was asking when Remain in Light and Spiderland were getting to become more popular on here.
>>
>>61659618
I kind of agree but I think if you look at /mu/core and estimate how many people might randomly pick an album from it and listen to it, I think ExM's first track 'beware' is the best first impression and representation of the groups general sensibilities (even if each album may sound a lot different overall). It sort of 'melts the ice' so to speak, before you move on further.
>>
>>61660031
>That's why I was asking when Remain in Light and Spiderland were getting to become more popular on here.
Obviously because people started talking about it when you weren't here.

You are not a very bright bulb are you?
>>
>>61660070
The question was kinda rhetorical. Almost indicative of my surprise more than really demanding any kind of answer.
>>
>>61660135
So just shitposting.

Please discuss music on a music board.
>>
>>61660162
>tells me to post about music
>doesn't post about music

I love you rulefags so much.
>>
>>61659078

The memes
>>
>>61660054
Yeah but picking NotM implies there's more to DG than ExM, wherher or not you agree with that is another question, but we're willing to lend the same benefit of the doubt to radiohead by putting Kid A on there instead of The Bends
>>
>>61660031
>There'd almost always be a IATOTS thread here, but that didn't mean it was always getting shit on. Even with every /mu/core album you'd get your supporters and detractors. Like with any /mu/core thread, you'd always also see it on page 0.
I have no fucking idea what the point you're trying to make is
>>
>>61660407
I definitely agree there's more to DG, NotM is my fave album. I suppose I was approaching it from the standpoint of making the listener be more blown away by NotM after listening to the other albums

but to be fair I suppose NotM may as well be there instead. I've done the same with directors, by watching one of their more recent films where their style has evolved quite a bit, then going to their first film and moving up from there in chronological order, then reaching the film I started with, and then moving on to whatever their latest work is
>>
>>61659129
Yeezus was ultimate /mu/core in 2013/2014 and faggots wouldn't add him to the list
>>
>>61660456
i think he was just saying he knew /mu/core never meant it was good or bad, but just popular

also where's Illinois?
>>
>>61660585
also, although NotM is a fan favourite for many, it still doesn't appear here as much compared to ExM and and TMS for some reason. Maybe it's not something you just pick up and go through unless you're already somewhat familiar with whats what. (whereas with albums like Kid A and Loveless, they open up fairly easily)
>>
File: gagaqueenykanye.png (593KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gagaqueenykanye.png
593KB, 800x600px
>>61660622
That's cuz yeezus fucking sucked.
>>
>>61659727
>liking flint
mama mia
>>
>>61660843
I thought /mu/core was only about how discussed an album was instead of its quality

Plus Yeezus was great
>>
OP here
Literally all I you faggot did not answer, or even get my thread
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.