[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive never actually listened to david bowie except for some songs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: bowie.jpg (5KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
5KB, 213x236px
Ive never actually listened to david bowie except for some songs that were on the radio. What would be a good album for me to get into his work?

I usually like more experimental music then catchy stuff. I know I must be coming off like a pleb right now.
>>
Blackstar is extremely experimental, and since it's basically about his own death and was released 3 days ago, I'd say it's a good album to get into Bowie.
>>
>>61656290
Thanks m8. i heard his singles and liked them, ill give it a listen
>>
>>61656358
Glad to help people listen to Bowie. His body is gone but his tunes will outlive us all. Hope you like it.
>>
>>61656177
Chronological marathon, now.
>>
>>61656177
Alladin Sane is patrician Bowie
>>
There are too many album, so listen the best of
>>
>>61656177
Hunky dory and ziggy stardust are my favorites. I enjoy hunky dory because it's a little less showy and down to earth. Alladin Sane is really good too. After that I'd say there's a few songs from his other albums which are good, like Space Oddity, Fame, Ashes to Ashes. A lot of people say Low and Station to Station are his best, so those are probably worth checking out too.
>>
>>61656177
Can't go wrong with ziggy stardust
>>
>>61657616
>Spot the uber-pleb
>>
>>61656177
How has Low not been posted. Low is the only right answer to this.
>>
who the fuck is this guy and why is everyone memeing him all of a sudden?
>>
File: 1388039022380.jpg (14KB, 284x279px) Image search: [Google]
1388039022380.jpg
14KB, 284x279px
TRAFOZS ofc
>>
[DAILY REMINDER]

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol3/bowie.html
>>
Space Oddity is probably his most famous album.

Hunky Dory is my favorite.

Low is probably the one people think is the most important.
>>
I think Diamond Dogs is pretty accessible, might be a good start.
>>
>>61660716
So, probably Low or Hunky Dory.
>>
>>61660587
jesus scaruffi is such a toolbag
>>
Honestly everything from 70 to 1980 is important. But hit up the Berlin trilogy for sure.
>>
>>61656177
Low/Heroes/Lodger are his most experimental albums
>>
Ziggy Stardust The Motion Picture Soundtrack is my personal favorite.
>>
Listen to album like Ziggy Stardust (glam rock); Station to Station (funky krautrock, my favourite) and The Berlin Trilogy ( Low/Heroes/Lodger). You can then go to Scary Monsters for that new wave vibe and go directly to the nineties for Outside/Earthling (which is too underrated, IMO)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.