[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the fact they're black the only reason I'm supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: death_6943.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
death_6943.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
Is the fact they're black the only reason I'm supposed to care about this?
>>
They're black?
Oh wow. 15 years listening to this and I never knew.
>>
and that they ripped off the stooges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axGsg3fPm84
>>
That and it kind of is proto punk, and came out around or slightly before the ramones and was from Detroit.

The music is okay, but not even anything super important for its time.

If you like it, cool, does it deserve the recognition its gotten? Fuck no.
>>
>>61642384
Some music is undeservedly forgotten. None is undeservedly remembered.
>>
>>61642360
>15 years

weren't they rediscovered like a few years ago?
>>
>>61642384
>it kind of is proto punk, and came out around or slightly before the ramones
which the stooges did before them
>>
File: Symbolic_Album.jpg (67KB, 377x374px) Image search: [Google]
Symbolic_Album.jpg
67KB, 377x374px
I remember coming across there music while looking for the other Death. Didn't care too much for it
>>
>>61642402
I don't know what that means.
I just found a shitty discount cassette at my local music store way back when so I got it.
>>
>>61642384
>That and it kind of is proto punk, and came out around or slightly before the ramones and was from Detroit.

It's not even particularly innovative for the mid 70's. There doesn't seem to be much progress from, say, The Stooges, and years people seem to forget that many punk bands already had similar songs who simply weren't released in album yet. It's not like the major punk bands only started composing/playing in 77.

Television for example were probably already NY legends when these Death songs were recorded.
>>
>>61642483
speaking of proto songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FzWHxljYQ
>>
>>61642432
I'm not defending them dude, I was just trying to explain a little of both sides to the argument as op had asked.

I think its garbage, and the adicts did the same sound as the stooges and death and the dolls better than any of them only slightly after each of those bands, but who gives a fuck what i think
>>
>>61642492
see
>>61642517

you motherfuckers are misinterpreting what i've said ffs.
>>
>>61642517
>but who gives a fuck what i think
I do, just making sure we were on the same page.
>>
>>61642360
>>61642488
That's impossible since it was only released in 2009. Maybe you are thinking of another album?
>>
>>61642709
Yeah, some shitty five track bootleg casette. It's more or less the same shit, though. Couple of tracks less.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.