[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that at least one of the artists you like has paid Pitchfork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123KB, 450x450px
Reminder that at least one of the artists you like has paid Pitchfork for a Best New Music, including pic related.
>>
>believing a best new music stamp on a website changes the quality of the music
>>
File: 1389216757340.png (100KB, 244x186px) Image search: [Google]
1389216757340.png
100KB, 244x186px
>reading Pitchfork
>>
>>61632894
anco are my favorite band and i will stop listening to them if you provide evidence
>>
>>61633398
all of BNM's are paid
did you not know?
>>
>>61633398
wew
>>
>>61633225
It changes perception and gets drones to buy it

>>61633426
Prove it
>>
>>61633426
>believing that Jurno Insider guy

it could be, certainly some of the BNMs are paid. but I can't imagine e.g. Michael Gira doing that.
>>
>>61632894
>implying i listen to modern /mu/core
>>
>>61633426
>Bowie paying pitchfork for BNM
try again friend
>>
>>61632894
Mate this really wasn't paid for. Even if it was, it's 10/10 and there's not too much you can do about it budday
>>
if anyone pays p4k for a BNM, its someone label associated, definitely not the artist themselves.

>inb4 any positive reviews by a publication are paid off
>>
>>61632894
Yeah, and what does that mean OP?
>>
>>61636521
Bowie didn't do it, it would have been Sony, that most definitely did pay for it. I'm friends with the dude from Rhye, he told me his record label paid pitchfork for the BNM and he didn't really give a shit about that album or anything haha
>>
>>61636824
this. also sometimes pitchfork gives BNMs to bands that they already generally like. They totally base their reviews on Pitchfork's meta opinion, rather than that of the reviewer. At least most of the time, every now and again there's a genuine thing being written. But anyway...
>2016
>using pitchfork for anything other than the news section
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.