[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with this album? It's fucking dire.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: the-king-of-limbs.jpg (166KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
the-king-of-limbs.jpg
166KB, 900x900px
What's the deal with this album? It's fucking dire.

I have what would be labled 'normie' taste here, which I don't really care for. But this album FUCK ME it's just bleeps bloops and fucking whines. It's like when you see modern art that's just a literal pile of shit and the artist goes on as if it has deep hidden meaning - FUCK OFF it doesn't at all. Now I don't mind Radiohead, infact I think The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A are great albums but I just can't fathom how anyone would think random noises compiled together with whining is great. Same shit with that atoms for peace album, IT'S LITERALLY AN HOUR OF THE SAME FUCKING NOISES.
>>
>>61625968
Its like "Remain in Light" with an autumn twist :3
>>
>>61625968
good news for you, if you dont like that album you can just hop on to the next one. you won't run out of new buckethead albums. ever.
>>
>>61625989
and on acid
>>
>>61625968
This kinda pissed me off, so I'm gonna go full ham on this one. Apologies for length.

Radiohead's eighth record, The King of Limbs, represents a marked attempt to create a considered and cohesive unit of music that nonetheless sits somewhere outside of the spectrum of their previous full-length discography. And that's not to say that it doesn't ripple with the dazzling sonics or scenery that have become the band's stock in trade, but just that, unlike so many of their milestones, there's no abiding sense of a band defying all expectations in order to establish new precedents.
Instead, we get eight songs that feel mostly like small but natural evolutions of previously explored directions. Opener "Bloom" announces Radiohead's return with a scattershot sequence of chewed-up drum loops and peeling horns that dissolve into a rhythmic tangle. "Morning Mr. Magpie" re-casts an old live acoustic ballad in a more anxious light, its once-sunny disposition frozen into an icy glare. With its crumbling guitar shapes and clattering, fizzing percussion work, "Little By Little" sounds dilapidated and rundown. Meanwhile, "Feral" contorts Yorke's voice into a reverb-infused, James Blake-like wriggle that pings around the stereo channel against a mulched up drum pattern that sounds sharper than glass.
>>
>>61625968
Listen to "the basement versions" pleb
>>
i honestly think TKOL is best radiohead
fuck yall
>>
>>61625968
Liam Gallagher detected
>>
If you don't understand modern art you're too stupid to understand this album lmao
>>
File: 1449101531901.jpg (41KB, 570x554px) Image search: [Google]
1449101531901.jpg
41KB, 570x554px
>>61625968
So you have no problem plying this reductive shit into TKOL, but Kid A is fine by your standards?
>>
>>61625968
It's Radioheads worst album, has a couple good songs on it though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.