[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

german or english for kraftwerk, /mu/? is it more patrician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: manmachine2.jpg (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
manmachine2.jpg
154KB, 500x500px
german or english for kraftwerk, /mu/?

is it more patrician to listen to lyrics you dont understand?
>>
>german or english for kraftwerk
Doesn't really matter; you usually don't listen to Kraftwerk for lyrical depth

>is it more patrician to
No
>>
>doesn't understand German
>thinks he's patrician
>>
Die Roboter sounds better in German
>>
>>61619780
>kraftwerk
"that's just their name right???"
>>
File: yeah.png (68KB, 322x217px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
68KB, 322x217px
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>61619740
My second language is German, so I don't really give a shit
>>
german
>>
>>61619768
But Computer Love
>>
Would you watch a dubbed film?
The answer to that question could probably help you to answer your other questions.
>>
>>61619915
That's not comparable. The English versions are written and sung by Ralf himself.
>>
>>61619927
They are, since the conflict of watching dubbed films goes beyond the original voices being replaced.
>>
English, German isn't Twerk Machine or Twerk Dat Ass
>>
>>61619740
Depends on the album. I wish I had a hard copy of the German TEE, even if only because "Showroom Dummies" just does not sound good in English. On the other hand I feel Computerworld sounds better in English because, iirc, the vocals are mixed a little too loud for my tastes in the German release. The Man Machine sounds just fine in both languages, in my opinion. However, some early CD issues of The Man Machine in English have some glitches/errors that are noticeable when listening on headphones. This prompted me to track down a German language CD pressed in 1993, and it was worth it.
>>
>>61619740
Not really sure, but I listened to their albums in German first, so listening to them in English is weird to me (native English speaker btw, no grasp of German whatsoever)
>>
>>61619740
Only listened to Trans Europe Express in both languages and it wasn't half as good in german. The lyrics don't fit the melodies like they do in english.
>>
>>61619915
Unlike Kraftwerk records, dubbed films never sound better than the original
>>
The English adds to the campyness of the music
>>
>>61619915
Germans would
>>
>not mastering the cultural patrician language

Are you even trying moo? Versucht es mal zu lernen liebe Musikfreunde
>>
>>61619965
They're not comparable, retard, because at least with film, when you watch something in a foreign language, you can read subtitles along with the film. It's not really possible to do that with music, unless someone makes videos with subtitles synced to the vocals, but then, you're just watching a video, not strictly listening to music.
>>
If you're German (or know this language), listen to the German versions. Otherwise, listen to the English versions. There's a reason why Kraftwerk recorded English versions.
>>
While their initial albums featured mostly German lyrics, in 1975 Kraftwerk began writing lyrics that combined both German and English verses. Beginning with "Trans-Europe Express" (1977), most songs by the group have been created as duplicate versions sung in English or German. Additional versions sung in French, Japanese, Italian or Spanish have also sometimes been made.

They are not dubs and there is no 'original German version'
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.