[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

patrician equivalent of pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: MI0000128813.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000128813.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
patrician equivalent of pic related
>>
Nick Drake - Bryter Layter
>>
File: 51wWtIMN8UL.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51wWtIMN8UL.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>
Hardly anything. Great album.
>>
Elliott Smith - Either/Or
>>
Either album by Bunkbed:
Swimming back to shore without me
or
Nothing ever lasts
>>
>>61616815
The aesthetic/fanbase is somewhat similar but musically they are completely different.

Elliott Smith pulls a lot more from paul mccartney/paul simon type of acoustic pop music. He's a singer primarily and a guitar player second while Drake is a guitar player primarily.
>>
>>61616933

Elliott Smith is so much more John Lennon than Paul McCartney it's ridiculous. He's even covered Lennon a thousand times. How is he at all similar to McCartney?
>>
>>61616933
>He's a singer primarily and a guitar player second while Drake is a guitar player primarily.

I'd prob say the opposite... Elliott Smith was a really good guitar player

Also either/or is a timeless album
>>
>>61616933
>He's a singer primarily

Disagree. His guitar is fantastic. He's seriously an underrated guitarist in rock music. His stuff reminds me more of John Fahey in a way, more so than Nick Drake. As Far as Beatles influence goes he's had more of a Lennon angst in him rather than a McCartney. I feel like those songs he wrote that sounded McCartney-esque fell flat (as flat as he can get, which is still great)
>>
>>61616801
Colin Greenwood has let himself go..
>>
>>61616801
>patrician equivalent of pic related
Idk try elliott smith
>>
>>61616899
>Either
kek
>>
>>61617239
what's so funny? the guy died
>>
>>61616988
Just because he covers lennon songs doesn't mean anything about his composition style. Especially XO/8/basement albums he builds his lyrics around pre-composed melodies. He adds the occasional throwaway line that is there to follow the melody. Sweet Adeline, Sons of Sam, like half the wall-of-sound songs from basement.

Lennon usually takes lyrics first and forces them into a melody. I feel that Mac Demarco, for all his negatives, is actually pretty similar to post-beatles lennon from a composition standpoint.

It's funny because personality wise I feel like eliott is closer to lennon and demarco is closer to macca. But eh

>>61617006
Yeah I like eliott as a guitar player too but drake's guitar is usually the focal point of the song except for 'Poor Boy'. Elliott usually takes a mixed approach, leaning on the vocal melodies a bit more.
>>
>>61616801
His s/t
>>
>>61617098
I like him as a guitarist it just wasn't the focal point of music except on roman candle and maybe half of s/t.

He doesn't really have any lennon angst in his actual songs. He might be more like lennon personality wise but lennon's songs have a distinct biting sarcasm/wit or whatever to them.

I could see a depressed paul mccartney writing a song like 'the biggest lie'. Definitely not lennon though.
>>
>>61617281
No he did not,that is just what the greedy music industry wants you to think, i mean it is clear that he is still alive he has a new album coming out this year, dont trust the music industry
>>
>op post patrician album
>patrician equivalent of pic related
wut
>>
>>61617390
I'm talking about Bunkbed...I dislike Elliot Smith.
>>
>>61617451
You can't even spell his name correctly which indicates to me that you've only heard one or two of his most popular songs and made your judgement based on that. Not the guy you quoted
>>
>>61617451
that is who i was talking of,
>inb4 he doesnt have an album coming out this year
Exactly what the music industry wants you to think
>>
>>61617524
maybe it was a typo, or he listened to an album of elliotts a year ago and forgot the quirky spelling

pretty presumptuous and unnecessary of you tbqh sensei
>>
>>61617524
I listened to one or two full albums when someone recommended him to me and I didn't like them.

>>61617569
k
>>
>>61617582
He's got loads of diverse material, though, lots of it instrumental if you don't like his voice. You can't deny he's a brilliant songwriter and an exceptional guitar player.
>>
>>61617583
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.