[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

by far 2 best female artists of the last years, but which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: stgrimcent.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
stgrimcent.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
by far 2 best female artists of the last years, but which one is more talented?
>>
>>61616419
annie won a grammy
>>
Pretty funny that you went through the effort of cropping these two pictures into one image purely for bait.

Both are trash, grimes slightly less so than st vincent
>>
>>61616419
Annie Delevigne
>>
>>61616419
I guess Annie, the authority
murder minority

but really, there are better artists
out there

I mean, female, or trans
or even those with trunks
and volcanoes buried deep
in furry chests
>>
both of their music is shit but at least annie probably practices personal hygiene
>>
File: Oarful.gif (987KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Oarful.gif
987KB, 300x225px
>>61616447
>mfw tripfag opinions
>>
They're both as good as eachother usually, but sometimes Annie makes some stuff that is definitely better than Grimes.
>>
>>61616492

>mfw waifufags come out like clockwork after either of these talentless hacks are posted.
>>
wow for the first time /mu/ doesn't hold the wrong opinion on something
>>
File: italian.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
italian.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
Joanna Newsom is a billion times more talented than either of these.

But Annie is terrible. Grimes at least has a handful of nice songs even if they are lacking any artistic merit.
>>
>>61616622
I'll never understand why /mu/ has such a hardon for Newsom (her music at least). Oh wow she can play harp so amazing.
>>
>>61616622
Objectively correct. Thread over. This shit bait thread needs no more replies.
>>
Joanna Newsom, Julia Holter and Chelsea Wolfe make way better and more interesting music than those two.

It seems that the criteria OP bases his opinion on is buzz, edgyness, and tryhardness.
>>
>>61616655
It's because she outdoes them on almost every level. She is a better performer, songwriter, player of her primary instrument. She's probably a top 5 songwriter of the 00s.

Grimes/Annie are better at fashion or image or whatever the fuck is more useful to p4k.
>>
>>61616729
>implying those three aren't for waifufags
>>
>>61616891
For people who like to hate on people for the "look at me I'm different" aesthetic Newsom fits that to a tee with her harp shit and weird ass voice. And she's no less liked on P4K than the two in the OP so it's funny that you bring that up when it could be just as easily used as an argument against Newsom. You're no different than other waifufags but you try so much harder to legitimize it.
>>
>>61616891

Too bad her voice sounds like Lois Griffin with marbles in her mouth.
>>
>>61616419

i prefer grimes music. annie is ok though
>>
>>61616950
>Apocalypse
>Have One on Me
>Loud City Song

all better than any album released by Grimes or St Vincent
>>
>>61617236
>waifufags trying to claim they aren't waifufags
It's okay, the first step to being cured is to admit you have a problem.
>>
>>61617123
>Too bad her voice sounds like Lois Griffin with marbles in her mouth.
FUCKING ROFL
>>
>>61616976
>For people who like to hate on people for the "look at me I'm different" aesthetic Newsom fits that to a tee with her harp shit and weird ass voice

Agreed. But she's musically talented as well and her aesthetic is nowhere near as marketed as the other two.

>And she's no less liked on P4K than the two in the OP so it's funny that you bring that up when it could be just as easily used as an argument against Newsom

No. You can't be this delusional. Do I have to bring up all the ridiculous shilling that p4k does for Grimes and Annie (but moreso Annie)?

Annie collabs with hip post-punk acts like byrne, wire, etc which are simple p4k slam dunks regardless of any actual talent. p4k literally did an article about annie working as a waitress to show off her indie cred.

Grimes is part of Jay Zs label and is so enfranchised as a celebrity now that she could be a fashion icon or whatever they do.

There's nothing innately wrong with having a marketable image, I threw it in more as a barb at p4k than annie/grimes. Newsom is not even in the same orbit as those two when it comes to image.
>>
File: e9f3593c[1].jpg (85KB, 658x369px) Image search: [Google]
e9f3593c[1].jpg
85KB, 658x369px
>>61617504
You seem to know quite a bit about how P4K works for someone who is trying to come off as not liking P4K. I'm looking at their news for Newsom right now and I would consider a lot of it "shilling" if you want to say it that way. People on /mu/ seriously are hypocrites.
>>
>>61616419
>comparing Grimes, a trendy bubblegum singer to Annie, an actual musician

Grimes is okay, but this is completely retarded.
>>
Frances Quinlon tops all female artists mentioned itt.

It's like you guys don't listen to anything other than memes
>>
>>61617696
St Vincent isn't that great of a songwriter m8
>>
>>61616622
nah dude

Newsom > Annie > Grimes

I like them all
>>
Where's the Wpop general when you need it
>>
>>61616419
Where to start with St. Vincent?
>>
>>61617718
I never said she was. But she is leagues above Grimes in terms of musicianship, songwriting and technical ability. She is objectively better than Grimes.
>>
>>61616419
>Not Julia Holter
>>
>>61617622
I end up following it the same way I end up on MSM sites for political news. The fringes still orbit around the center so you end up there for different reasons. But it's important to remember that p4k has a huge impact in an artist's popularity, and they look for artists that will make them money, not artists who are have merit. They are an intermediary of online advertiser and PR firms of bands.

Hypocrite is one of the laziest objections to an opinion, you can find impurity in almost anything and it doesn't invalidate the basic point, it's an easy to sidestep it and not actually engage with it in any meaningful way.

Newsom does have her share of support from p4k, she got 2 BNMs but it's mostly following like it was with Grimes post-visions. She isn't controlled the way Grimes was or Annie is. where Newsom already had momentum from her early EPs and MEM. She was already well networked among other bands and could do whatever she wanted, she was still going to open for those folk bands and play those festivals.

If was a cynical person I would say that she ended up in bed with a lot of the acts she opened for during the MEM years.
>>
File: tplp1231-bjork.jpg (59KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
tplp1231-bjork.jpg
59KB, 472x472px
>CTRL+F BJORK
>>
>>61617952
>controlled
Yep, Newsom is so special and totally different from the other indie acts that are just industry plants. I bet the people at the Newport Folk Festival really love having you around with your insight into the music industry.
>>
>>61618047
I'm not saying they are industry plants, I was just mentioning in my first post >>61616891
that Grimes/Annie have an image that is better than Newsom's when it comes to marketing. You were the one that wanted to go into it
>>
Fiona Apple > Joanna Newsom >>> St. Vincent >>>>>>>>>>>>> Grimes
>>
Annie Clark:

>actual talent
>has a pleasant & expressive voice
>multi-instrumentalist: guitar, bass, piano, keyboards, synthesizer
>interesting lyricist
>great look and personality
>collaborated with David Byrne, The Chemical Brothers, Swans, The National, and others
>sang live with Nirvana (the remaining members), Wire, The Polyphonic Spree, Sufjan Stevens and Taylor Swift
>highly acclaimed music (see Metacritic for details)
>won a Grammy (Best Alternative Album) for her self-titled album
>insane live performances
>a great balance between quirky and accessible
>she knows how to do a football rainbow kick: https://vimeo.com/85067428
>>
/THREAD
>>
File: 1288290178731.gif (989KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
1288290178731.gif
989KB, 300x212px
>>61616519
I think what you meant to say is "come out of the woodwork"
>>
>>61618485
Who are these tranny cum guzzling succubi wenches
>>
File: 1449599811975.jpg (92KB, 561x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449599811975.jpg
92KB, 561x900px
>>61616519
>mfw tripfag thinks his opinion matters
>>
it doesn't have to be a competition
>>
>>61618332
Yep
>>
>>61618485
To be fair none of the women mentioned in op have releases comparable to Paraidse, Ultraviolence, Live Through This, and My Body The Hand Grenade.

Also the Joanna fans need to chill no one cares about her go hijack other threads.
>>
>>61616419
>>61616492
>>61616545
>>61617696
>>61617727
>>61618000
>>61618332
>>61618370
>>61618485
Julia Holter's worst album is better than anything these artist have released in the last ten years
>>
>>61616419
something has to be said about Grimes qtness that has to be taking into account
>>
>>61619145
Whatever you say. You're a waifufag like everyone else.
>>
>>61616891
No. The real strenght of Newsom (as well as before with the Beatles and so on) is her ability to find a good arranger.
>>
>>61616519
easy filter lol
>>
>>61619211
Ugh, stop oppressing women shitlord k thnx
>>
>>61619360
i just like jerking off to her pics imagining what it would be like if she didnt have autism and went for ugly manchildren
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.