[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a few months late, but christ this album is amazing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Joanna_Newsom_-_Divers.jpg (52KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Joanna_Newsom_-_Divers.jpg
52KB, 620x620px
I'm a few months late, but christ this album is amazing. Definitely Joanna Newsom's best work.
>>
honestly I find it cringey

it's that kind of "rock classical" style that you hear on shit like Timbre and Kashiwa Daisuke and it's all so fucking pretentious and embarrassing

like "Leaving Home" sounds like a 14 year old wrote it
>>
>>61602519
You mean Leaving the City? It was one of the weaker tracks but I still love it.
>>
>>61602503
>>61602553
its a great album, another strong entry into Joanna's already immaculate discography
>>
I love the variety on it compared to her previous albums. Lots of different sounds which is needed cause the themes are all very similar. I've gotten a ton of replay value out of it.

Anecdotes is one of her best songs ever, especially the second half starting with the "Rushing, tearing, speeding home" verse. The winding harp sound is hypnotic.
>>
It took me a while to listen to it (idk but i was reluctant) but yes it is amazing, as usual
>>
It's her 'worst' album, but still like an 8/10. My personal fav is MEM but I think she was at her peak as an artist on Ys
>>
it's a lot worse than hoom and ys
>>
>>61602988
Nah it's clearly better tMEM, which has some great tracks but is really inconsistent. Her songwriting is a lot more mature of the later records. HOOM and Ys are definitely better though.
>>
Divers makes ys Newsom sound like a shrill harpy, hoom Newsom sound like a spectral waif, and mem Newsom sound like a baby.
>>
>>61603045
true, her voice has really developed into something powerful and controlled, she couldn't have pulled off that last high run on Sapokanikan, the choruses on Pin-Light, or the two big notes on YWNTMHA (which I think are probably the best example of "sublime" i've heard in a long time – brief, stunning, disorienting, crystal clear, gone) just five years ago. I'm glad her vocal training and treatment has done so well, she doesn't sound like she did in 2005 but she's much more in control of her voice and her range.
>>
Can't get into the vocal style.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.