[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this now and forever >God Tier MBDTF Late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (32KB, 558x279px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 558x279px
Let's settle this now and forever

>God Tier
MBDTF
Late Registration

>Amazing Tier
Yeezus

>Great Tier
College Dropout

>Good Tier
Graduation

>Decent Tier
808s

Where do you think SWISH will land?
>>
808s > everything else
>>
GTFO pitchfork
>>
1. College Dropout
2. 808s
3. Late Reg
4. Yeezus
5. Graduation
6. MBDTF
>>
>>61593302
nah p4k goes
mbdtf
lr=yeezus (lol)
graduation
cd
>>
>>61593262

>Where do you think SWISH will land?

On your moms butthole
>>
>>61593310
this
>>
Actual rankings, pre-special little snowflake autism brought on by being embarrassed to like something popular. If anyone is curious:

1. MBDTF
2. College Dropout
3. 808s
4. Late Registration
5. Yeezus
6. Graduation

Good luck being edgy though
>>
1. The College Dropout
2. Late Registration
3. Graduation
4. My Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy
5. 808's and Heartbreak
6. Yeezus
>>
>>61593431
OPs is accurate but you're close
>>
Great Tier based off your taste alone.
>>
Yeezus
>
MBDTF
>
808s
>
Graduation
>
Late Registration
>
College Dropout

Expecting SWISH to come in after MBDTF, or his best album yet.
>>
>>61593431
good enough
>>
MBDTF = College Dropout > Yeezus > 808s > Late Registration > Graduation

expect SWISH to land around 808s or Yeezus

daily reminder that any faggot that gives an album that contains shit-tier tracks like Drunk and Hot Girls, Barry Bonds and Big Brother a higher score than MBDTF has no idea what they're going on about with Kanye
>>
File: ..mfw.png (234KB, 485x426px) Image search: [Google]
..mfw.png
234KB, 485x426px
>People actually rate yeezus above CD and LR
>>
1. MBDTF
2. LR
3. CD
4. 808s
5. Yeezus
6. Graduation

Graduation has some amazing tracks though
>>
SWISH=YEEZUS=College Dropout>WTT>808s>Late Registration>MBDTF>Graduation
>>
>>61593262
Yeezus > MBDTF > Late Registration > College Dropout > Graduation > 808
>>
MBDTF
808s

CD
Yeezus
LR

Graduation (still a solid album)
Swish will be his worst by a wide margin. He seems to have no sense lately of which of his own songs are good and which are mediocre.
>>
>>61595919
Real Friends is amazing tho
>>
>>61593262

1). LR
2). MBDTF
3). Yeezus
4). 808
5). TCD
6). Graduation

swish gonna be either gonna be above or below yeezus
>>
1. MBDTF
2. Late Registration
3. College Dropout
4. Graduation
5. Yeezus
6. 808s

Swish is gonna be good, I can feel it. He's yet to put out a bad album (of his actual albums)
>>
>>61596014
This, except I consider 808s to be better than Yeezus
>>
>God Tier
MBDTF
Yeezus
>Amazing Tier
The College Dropout
>Great Tier
Graduation
>Good Tier
808s & Heartbreak
Late Registration
>>
>>61593262
Late Registration 9.5
Yeezus 9
College Dropout 8.5
MBDTF 8
808s 7
Graduation 6
>>
808's is his best and Yeezus is his worst.

That said, I just now caught wind of the recent news and am still listening to shit he's apparently put out months ago. I'm definitely digging some of it like Real Friends and the Say You Will remix on top of already liking Wolves and Only One, but I'm still kinda ambivalent on All Day and Facts was straight up dull as hell aside from the bookending samples. So I dunno, I'm really liking the moodier vibes we're hearing (surprise surprise, considering I like 808's) but some of the other material's kinda losing me. I'm expecting hit and miss here, but definitely something more focused and, by proxy, better than Yeezus. Question now is how much better, I guess.
>>
>>61596311
Forgot to say, expecting Swish to be pretty much equal with MBDTF
>>
correct order is

1.Late Registration
2.MBDTF
3.808's
4.CD
5.Graduation
6.Yeezus
>>
yeezus is failed bandwagon garbage
>>
>Yeezus
>808's
>Late Registration
>College Dropout
>MBDTF
>Gradation

In that order
>>
how can an album with on sight, hold my liquor, send it up and i am a god possibly be considered his best album? or even in the top half of his albums? even if i like the direction he took the album in some of it was just not executed well.
>>
>>61596390

I like his intent on Yeezus - aiming for an abrasive, spontaneous sound wasn't a bad idea but his execution was a bit TOO spontaneous and little about it sounds like it was given any cohesion or quality control. It can be argued that that's somewhat the point of that approach but it's moot if you doesn't come through as some kind of good, and for all its good artistic intention I think Yeezus didn't really do much of anything actually good. A noble failure with some good ideas on paper, but still a failure nonetheless. Wouldn't mind him shooting for a more abrasive aesthetic again but next time, actually write more than a couple good songs.
>>
>>61595816
Have you even listened to Ege Bramyasi, m8?
>>
>>61596567
well said, completely agree
>>
>>61596567

Vague buzzwords... How the fuck is Yeezus a failure?

How was there no cohesion or quality control? Have you heard the album? The engineering/quality of the sounds alone are astounding.

The album's very obviously sonically cohesive bar Bound 2, which fits in through its use of silence; it's a classic Kanye soul song through the veil of Yeezus' harsh minimalism.

I really don't understand how you can say the iconic roaring distorted synths of On Sight, the cavernous precision of Black Skinhead, the thudding baseline and haunting screams on I Am A God, the unmatched outro of New Slaves, the synth orchestra on Hold My Liquor, the lopsided explosion on I'm In It, the haunting trap cacophony of Blood on The Leaves, Cudi's string-accompanied crooning on Guilt Trip, King Louie's loud yet hushed mutterings on Send It Up or the whole of fucking Bound 2 are all 'not actually good.'

Contrarian shitlord
>>
>>61596812

I listened to it 3 times when it was new and found everything but Black Skinhead, New Slaves, and the beats on Guilt Trip no better than mediocre as a generous distinction. Some tracks like I Am A God or Hold My Liquor aren't unmitigated disasters but I didn't find them very compelling at all, whereas other tracks like I'm In It or Send It Up I've done everything in my power to forget. I remember feeling like Blood On The Leaves had a decent, haunting first half but then getting pretty hokey in the bombastic second half, and while I did like the idea going on with the distorted synth/soul dichotomy going on in the bookend tracks, and even liked how they flipped proportions - On Sight was mostly synth with some soul whereas Bound 2 was mostly soul with some synth - I honestly didn't care much for either track, Bound 2 in particular feeling like a pale imitation that is thoroughly decimated by almost any track on his first 2 albums. If you found something in the whole of Yeezus to appreciate then more power to you, but I tried 3 times and it just did not do it for me.
>>
>>61596971

Yea you're just saying IT WAS MEDIOCRE I DIDN'T LIKE IT over and over again.

Sucks to have bad taste, enjoy not enjoying the GOAT album.
>>
>>61596311
MBDTF=Yeezus>LR>808s>CD>Grad
>>
MBDTF = LR
----POWER GAP----
CD > Yeezus = 808s
----POWER GAP----
Graduation
>>
>>61593431
Correct
>>
Graduation > College Dropout >= MBDTF > LR >> Yeezus > 808s

I think Swish goes somewhere between LR and Yeezus
>>
MBDTF > CD > LR > 808s > Yeezus > Graduation
>>
>decent tier
college dropout
late registration

>shit tier
everything else
>>
>>61593431
This one.

And Graduation isn't even bad.
>>
>>61595856
I agree with this
>>
MBDTF > College Dropout > Late Registration > 808s and Heartbreak > Yeezus > Graduation

Swish will be in between Yeezus and Graduation so it'll be like a 6-7/10 album
>>
>God Tier
Late Registration
Yeezus

>Great Tier
College Dropout

>Good Tier

>Meh Tier
Graduation

>Meme Tier
MBDTF
>>
>>61600046
tryhard
>>
>>61601298
no, seriously
>graduation is a poppier, less enjoyable version of cd & lr
>808s is like graduation, but with less rap and more autotune
>mbdtf is too grandoise, plus the lyrics are bad
>yeezus tries too hard to be experimental
>>
The College Dropout - 9/10
Late Registration - 8/10
Graduation - 7/10
808s & Heartbreak - 8.5/10
MBDTF - 9.5/10
Yeezus - 9/10

Watch The Throne - 4/10
Cruel Summer - 6/10
>>
disregard any post that doesn't have MBDTF at 10 because they have shit taste.
>>
>>61601370
>"grandoise"
>bad lyrics
wow you're dumb nigga baka
>>
1. mbdtf
2. late registration
3. college dropout
4. 808s
5. yeezus
6. graduation
>>
1.COLLEGE DROPOUT
2. LATE REGISTRATION
3.MBDTF
4.GRADUATION
5.YEEZUS
6.808S
THEY'RE ALL GOOD THO
>>
File: sd64OhO.jpg (19KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
sd64OhO.jpg
19KB, 480x270px
>graduation is not the best kanye album

Yikes what's the average age on mu now, 14?
>>
>>61596071
only correct list in this fucking thread
>>
>>61593262
College Dropout is his best and MBDTF is not that good
(ITT Poptimists, will try asking this is /hhg/ with people who actually like hip hop)

>>61604045
graduation is easily his worst
>>
File: LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>61601448
>he gives 10s to pop albums
>>
Graduation
Yeezus
College dropout
MBDTF
Late Registration
808s
>>
>>61604100
>Pet Sounds
>>
you can tell someone's a fucking plebeian when they rate 808s as the lowest
>>
>>61604160
lmao Pet Sounds is like a 6 at best
I'm not impressed by the trashy pandering on either album
>>
>>61595755
Switch CD and Graduation and you're me. I agree with your predictions, no matter what it should be a good album.
>>
>>61595816
All great tracks.
>>
>>61595816
Graduation is my least favorite Ye album but you gotta admit it has some great songs on it.
>>
>>61604629
I personally love the entire album.
>>
>>61596567
If you went to the Yeezus Tour you'd probably have different opinion. It was so amazing. Look up videos. There's literally never been a hip-hop tour like Yeezus.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 465x700px
>>61604208
This. Only plebs hate on 808s and Yeezus.
>>
>Top tier
College Dropout
>Good tier
MBDTF
Late Registration
>Okay tier
Graduation
808s
>Bad tier
Yeezus

I'm expecting Swish to be his worst yet
>>
I am curious as to why Graduation is so low on many people's list, it is my favorite of his although I am not a huge fan of Kanye in the first place.
>>
>Late Registration
>MBDTF
>Graduation
>College Dropout
>808s
>Yeezus

Also everything Kanye has released in 2014/15 has been hot fucking shit.
>>
>>61605609
probably best list ITT
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.