[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(former) /tv/ here, I finally got my shit together /mu/ I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

(former) /tv/ here,

I finally got my shit together /mu/

I'm looking into getting a decent pair of headphones for future sound mixing/editing.

I'm also looking into just an all-around decent headphone to relax and just listen to music.

My ideal price range is 80-170

The models i've been eyeing are the Seinheiser 598, Sony MDR7506, or the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X.

What one is the best to go with or are my choices shit, and if so, what would you recommend?

I would ask /tv/, but as I'm sure you guys know, they're pretty unhelpful and mostly autistic when it comes to creating just about anything.

Pic mostly unrelated.
>>
AKG K240 and a bunch of peripherals on which someone else will school you.
>>
best out of those is the 598. even so, the 558 has the exact same driver for less.
m50 is a meme, don't fall for it.
used to own the 7506, they're great.
>>61590019
i own these personally.
>>
AKG 240'S.
>>
>>61590019
>>61590054

The MKII actually any better than the 49 dollar model?
>>
>>61590077
Doubt it.
>>
>>61590046

What i've read on the 7506 is that it has pretty tight accuracy on sound levels and the nuances of high and low frequencies,

Does the AKG 240s or the 598/558 improve upon that?

Or is my shit still all retarded in understanding sound dynamics still?
>>
any other votes for the AKGs or suggestions for other brands?
>>
>>52298851
will yield better answers 2bh
(or the headphones subr*ddit)
>>
>>61592177
fug, messed up the link
>>>/g/52298851
>>
>>61592201

I didn't even think about /g/ for audio equipment

I just figured audio quality /mu/ might have some input.

Thanks though! I'll check it out.
>>
>>61589993
sony mdr 7506, yeah

it's literally the headphones they use to master music anyways

cheap and neutral

I have both the 7506 and the 598, and the 598 is a good bit pricier without being appreciably better in any ways - merely different

of course, a seventy dollar difference is nothing when there are high end models with four digit msrps

I wonder if they're actually worth it
>>
>>61592534

I think I narrowed it down to the 7506 and the AKG K 240s.

Both seem to be pretty all-purpose, and I've heard a lot on the 7506s since they're so commonly used.
>>
>>61592534
in just bought 650s and they sound good as fuck so i can only imagine how they get from here on up
>>
>>61592728
what does better mean in this context, out of curiosity? what other headphones have you used, for comparison?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.