[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone teach me piano? I want to learn this. :(

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: GS25203.jpg (94KB, 539x711px) Image search: [Google]
GS25203.jpg
94KB, 539x711px
Can anyone teach me piano? I want to learn this. :(
>>
>>61589776
Learn the standard major and natural, harmonic, and melodic minor scales. Learn how to play arpeggios spanning multiple octaves. Start doing Hanon exercises. Understand music theory starting with basic harmony (triads and seventh chords in both root and 1st, and 2nd inversions) and rhythm by understanding not values. If you want to get into jazz start learning basic 2 5 1 sequences in different fingering positions. Learn standard progressions and understand roman numeral values for each chord in each key. start with the I, IV, and V chords for major scales and then move onto minor scales. If you're trolling then go play the guitar so you don't have to learn what music theory be.
>>
>>61590104
This guy pretty much covered it.
>>
>>61590104
Thank you, I'll try and make some progress. Are there any resources you know of for the scales?
>>
>>61591562
It's best if you get a real teacher in the real world. Because you will pick up some bad habits regarding your techinque, plus a teacher means instant feedback on your playing.
>>
>>61591636
Maybe I'll just wait until I can afford a teacher, then. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>61591725
No prob. A word of advice: the Well-Tempered Clavier aren't exactly beginner pieces, you may learn a prelude or two when you're beginning, but it'll take you a while before you can play any fugues. Don't be discouraged however!
>>
>>61591834
I know I said I'd wait for a teacher, but do you have anything you've used for learning scales/theory?
>>
>>61589776
Well, if you want to play good, then don't try by for any reason to start with youtube tutorials or whoever is not a teacher

You will get LOT of things wrong, that's natural, and the teacher work is to help you and correct you

So better try looking for a teacher, and of course not whoever who says "i teach piano"
If he is not a professional pianist then im sure he won't be a good teacher (maybe im wrong, but im pretty sure is like always this)

So, get a real and proffesional teacher
>>
>>61592071
Buy the Hanon and Czerny studies. My copy of Hanon had scales, major, minor (armonic and melodic, but weirdly not natural) and chromatic, along with arpeggios studies for tremolos, trills, repeated notes, etc. Czermy is really good. (Get as many as you can, Op. 599, Op. 299, Op. 740) Also the Bach two part inventions are good for getting to play Bach.

Also this.
https://archive.org/stream/elementsofpianot00hutcuoft#page/n3/mode/2up

But all these books are practically useless without a teacher and will not suffice for playing the WTC, at least not with satisfactory sound and technique, so yeah, get a teacher.
>>
>>61592071
>>61592312
http://fundamentals-of-piano-practice.readthedocs.org/en/latest/chapter1/ That is also good, but again, practically useless without a teacher.
>>
>>61592312
any tips on learning to site read other than by practicing?

I mean like any reading material specifically aimed at learning to sight read music?
>>
>>61592312
>>61592114
>>61592347
Thanks for the resources! I'll bookmark them for when I am more well-off. Thanks again.
>>
>>61592553
I don't remember any material, I'm currently learning to sight-read using Czerny's Op. 599 and selecting random Studies. To sight read, use a metronome ( you can use online metronomes) set a slow tempo, get a very basic piece and get reading. Make sure that you prioritise rhythm and fingerings. And get a damn teacher, what I just said doesn't begin to cover other things that are intuitive for me now but I can't really describe, I'm not a teacher, get a good one and they'll probably teach you.

>>61592814
No problem, hope you find a good teacher!
>>
There's a site called teoria where you can practice sight reading and recognizing intervals (which really is what sight reading as you're not really reading the actual notes but recognizing the interval between it (minor third, perfect 5th, like that). Also I'm lazy but there's a bunch of book with great little drills where you can specifically play small pieces to practice sight reading.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.