[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think the new Deafheaven album didn't live up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: a0622773824_10.jpg (493KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
a0622773824_10.jpg
493KB, 900x900px
Why do you think the new Deafheaven album didn't live up to most expectations? Were we spoiled by Sunbather?
>>
>>61572857
it's kinda short
>>
they was doin riffs but they ain't doin newens or interestin ones good fer a listen an thats bout it
>>
It honestly surpassed mine. I knew they wouldn't be able to pull another Sunbather out and they intelligently changed their formula a little with great results imo. I like how it sounds more like a traditional black metal album but the guitars still have that punch to them and maintained melodic parts.
>>
I liked it. I would say I listen to it more than I do Sunbather, novelty/freshness aside.
There are a few clumsy moments (track 4 being too short, 4 and 5 having very similar piano outros); but i'd still say it's just as good as Sunbather sonically, if not better
>>
File: alt sunbat.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
alt sunbat.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
We were definitely spoiled by Sunbather. But that's one of the best albums of this decade, so it would be hard for a band to come out with equal quality.

New Bermuda starts of great. Brought to the Water and Luna are perfect songs in my opinion, but after that, the rest of the songs don't really do anything for me. Also, Sunbather had fantastic interludes to separate the songs, while on New Bermuda they don't flow to well, and just go one after another.
>>
>>61572857
Personally I like it just as much, it's just more dissonant and black-metal-ish and the vocals are mixed more to the front than Sunbather. I actually think they're evolving if anything.
>>
Since when did this album not live up? It's gotten nearly universal praise just like Sunbather did.

How do you reasonably expect them to outdo Sunbather? Considering the immense hype leading up to this album they did an incredible job. Most bands probably wouldn't have been able to come close to repeating that kind of success but Deafheaven did. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>61572857
I like it more than Sunbather.
>>
>>61572950
I never thought that Sunbather was lacking in black metal. It was simply a different approach to the genre.
My main problem with album is songs like baby blue. Most of the song is 8th notes and riffs straight from a Metallica but there are some fucking CRAZY parts to the song. Like from 7:00 - 7:52. It's like shit mixed with gold. I just wish there was more gold as apposed to the shit.
>>
I like that they got to the point with this album. The interlude tracks on Sunbather are beautiful but I was very happy to see them not attempt the same thing over again. This album is the perfect length too, imo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.