[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: ITAOTS.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ITAOTS.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you NMH fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
>>61565139
>I think I know what I'm talking about.

What are you attempting to say? Your musical training doesn't render an album unenjoyable.
>>
AP music theory in high school + 1 year of college so far. I play about 5 instruments (counting guitar and bass as one). NMH is fucking awesome fuck you
>>
I've been studying music theory since I was in my mom's womb, which is longer than anybody on mu. Which violin concertos can you play? Tchaikovsky? Didn't think so. I'm also older than you which also makes me smarter and thus i know more music theory than you. Fucking fag.
>>
I've also been working on an album since 2012 so it's definitely better than yours. And I'm also in a rock trio so it is superior to your duo.
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 1145x151px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 1145x151px
>>
File: dogs.png (298KB, 465x351px) Image search: [Google]
dogs.png
298KB, 465x351px
Oh yes, give me more
>>
>>61565139
>>61565353
>>61565378
>>61565209
>>61565262
>>61565290
I like these memes
>>
>>61565520
Thanks for sharing.
>>
How is there any correlation between subjective taste in music and knowledge in music theory?

What if my mother forced me to take piano lessons for 6 years of my life, and I'm absolute horse shit at anything other than reading notation but I am pleb enough to enjoy NMH?

What about literally any other example similar to this?
>>
Finishing up my 3rd Doctorate in Music Theory. I play 17 instruments includeIng the Oboe and Cello (my bowing style has been described as "otherworldly" by yo-yo ma himself). I have been featured as a soloist in concert by the boston symphony orchestra and I have traveled the world.

I can confidently say that Nuteral Milk Hotel's "The Aeoroplane Over The Sea" is the greatest piece of music ever conceived.
>>
>>61565139
oh my god this is kind of brilliant because i really cant tell if its bait.
>>
>>61566350
I only have two doctorates, but one is in Neuroscience and the other is in Music Theory (my master's was in psychology). I am pioneering the burgeoning field of psychomusicology, which studies the effects of music on the brain and searches for an understanding of musical patterns through neurochemistry and neurobiology.

I can say with confidence, having studied "Aeroplane over the Sea" in particular, that while it may not be immediately apparent, the song is actually derivative of Charles Ives's "Country Band March".
>>
>>61565139
what are you even saying?
>>
>>61567265
trying to tell us we're just dumb fucks that still find novelty in bar chords.
>>
>>61565205
it's just a pasta
>>
>>61567265
it's just a pasta
>>
File: er35.jpg (2MB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
er35.jpg
2MB, 1280x1706px
>>61565139
that's literally nothing u goddamn faggot
>tfw the child of two world class musical prodigies
>tfw they are true to the music and aren't sell-outs
>tfw they come home from working at Carnegie Hall to listen to reggae and soul music
>tfw I grew up expecting calls from Paul McCartney
>tfw I meet A-list celebrities at extravagant parties all the time
>tfw free tickets to the best shows in NYC to take babes to
>tfw none of you circle jerking faggots have experienced this
>tfw STEM degree but still teach master classes in jazz improvisation at UNI with grammy award winner singers
It's okay to be defensive about your musical tastes, but some of us have been properly educated from birth about what is good and what is not. It's funny because I never even fucking visit this board but I know that you all suck and are loathsome fuckers that can't appreciate and understand music to the extent that I have reached.
enjoy being a pleb, OP.
>>
>>61565139
I took two years of music theory (regular and AP, both in high school), and play around 15 instruments.
>>
>>61565139

I can bang at the drums in a rhythmic fashion and I can play a little piano too.

I like NMH because they're easy to listen to.
>>
#BirthOfAPasta
>>
>5 years of community college
>>
>>61565139
Been taking music theory courses for four years. NMH is great.
>>
>>61565139
>I've studied music theory in college for five years
Why?
>>
>>61565139
You're a pretentious fuck and should probably just end it.
>>
>>61569529
This, you studied shit that you could have learned online for free. I mean it would have gotten you as far as you are now.
>>
I took guitar lessons for 7ish years and taught myself some piano and drums. Potato face album sucks desu
>>
>>61569559
Not if you want a music ed or performance degree.
>>
>>61569559
literal retard
>>
why y'all gotta be so fucking judgmental????? yeah I major in music too and take theory classes but FUCK if they like NMH let them like NMH. Also I love NMH and play 3 instruments so chill???
>>
>Music theory

HHAHAHAHAAH RETARD

You can not calculate if music will sound good or not or any of that bullshit.

Music theory is exactly what it says it is, just a theory.
>>
Studying music and playing instruments can never give a person good taste, just like knowing what is beautiful music does not mean you will ever be a good musician or composer
>>
>>61568820
>15 instruments
>>
>>61570454
Even if he's lying it isn't really unbelievable. I knew a guy when I was in high school who could play like 12 instruments fairly well. He was only 15 at the time. I can't really imagine that he's slowed down much and wouldn't be surprised if he could play 30 instruments by now.
>>
>>61565139
>studied piano for 10 years
>self-taught guitar and have been playing for almost 3 years now
>studied bass guitar/string bass for 5 years

them accordions man. I looooove accordions
>>
>>61568263
Did you really get baited that hard that you brought mommy and daddy into this?
>>
yeah well kid rock plays all instruments im not even kidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_IzUcWIzds
>>
>realized how much bait this whole thing is and how much it actually made me want to turn ITAOTS back on again after years of not listening to it
>OP pasta probably meant to do this
>thanks OP
>>
took music theory last semester, failed it, realized it was for faggots anyway, i play drums bass samplers and synth and i dont really give a fuck
>>
>>61565139
>26
>been studying music theory since 2005
>play guitar, bass, drums, sax, keys, and sing
>been in 6 bands from indie to metal (played drums for a jazz quartet for a short stint)
>have played so many shows i can't even count
>have helped in college seminars about music theory
i give ITAOTS a solid 7
>>
File: memegenerator.jpg (140KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
memegenerator.jpg
140KB, 500x333px
>>61568263
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.