[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any mainstream bands that have complex/interesting songs but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1432203703098.jpg (69KB, 712x750px) Image search: [Google]
1432203703098.jpg
69KB, 712x750px
Any mainstream bands that have complex/interesting songs but are still accessible? I know there's bound to be loads out there, but I can only think of RHCP (when they had John the first time). I know they're plebby, but I don't listen to much stuff as described. I went on a Jazz binge recently and I don't listen to much else.
>>
This post.

Back to Reddit with you
>>
>>61558032
what jazz tho

also
>Janelle Monae
>The Beatles
>Gorillaz (specifically DoYaThing)
>FKA Twigs has some oddball shit
>>
Weezer has some pretty complex songs that are extremely catchy.
>>
>>61558032
Mastodon's Crack The Skye
and
Tool's Lateralus
come to mind
>>
>>61558060
Miles Davis and Weather Report were the ones I really liked.

>>61558047
Having a trip on doesn't exactly help your point.
>>
>>61558082
which ones? their first two albums were pretty good but after that they just made catchy songs.
>>
>>61558265
Miles Davis is a bit too general being that the man was at it for over 30 years

which Davis?
>>
>>61558331
Bitches Brew. Sorry, I haven't really been specific in any of my posts.
>>
>>61558358
aight so you're a fusion guy

here's what you need to do:
>fuck all that other music
>dl the following albums
Miles Davis - Live/Evil
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
Miles Davis - On the Corner
Herbie Hancock - Herbie Hancock Sextet
Herbie Hancock - Headhunters
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Ornette Coleman - Crisis
Pharoah Sanders - Villiage of the Pharoahs

enjoy
>>
>>61558032
>I went on a Jazz binge recently and I don't listen to much else.
>Miles Davis and Weather Report were the ones I really liked.

wow that sounds like an extremely boring and unexploratory "binge"
>>
>>61558567
the most complex band he could think of was RHCP are you really surprised? You really couldn't rein in the dickery?
>>
>>61558604
i read posts backwards and stopped at the first sentence
>>
>>61558567
Yeah, binge really wasn't the right word. I listened to a lot of Jazz music for quite a bit, but not a lot of Jazz artists. I'll put it that way.
>>
>>61558032
Grimes
Lana Del Rey
Tool
RadioHead
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.