[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on Metallica?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

What's your opinion on Metallica?
>>
>>61556346
Famous act. Metal is their genre. They play music, mostly.
>>
Death magnetic was godly in my opinion, hopefully their next album will be the same, haven't heard saint anger but heard it sucked, load was lame. Early work they did was amazing and if they keep doing stuff like d m they will be great again
>>
File: cliff.jpg (49KB, 700x888px) Image search: [Google]
cliff.jpg
49KB, 700x888px
>>61556346
They were a top-tier trash band.
Then Cliff died.
They then released some listenable albums till the Black one.
Everything they made after it is meme-tier trash (with the possible exception of S&M).

>>61556463
>Death magnetic was godly
Get out of here you underage tripfag
>>
>>61556620
>tripfag
>>
they definitely exist
>>
They make music
>>
File: baited_PNG.png (230KB, 547x471px) Image search: [Google]
baited_PNG.png
230KB, 547x471px
>>61556620
>CLIFF BUTTON OH YEAH FUCK ME IN THE ASS CUM ON MY FACE

I fucking love metallica but get over it he's dead and he wasn't really all that special he was just really good. They still kick ass but yeah sorry they don't make music as good as literally their best albums all the time
>>
>>61556346
Lars and Kirk sucks
James is okay
>>
>>61556377
>>61556660
>>61556695
that's not opinion, unfunny retards.
>>
>>61556761
it's post-opinion, you wacko
>>
File: gallery_5078_238_85392.jpg (657KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_5078_238_85392.jpg
657KB, 1200x1600px
>>61556346

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6kb5fvv6_A

This was the first album i ever bought. i was like a kid when i bought it and didn't really know who metallica were. I bought it because of the album cover
>>
>Kill 'Em All
decent speed/thrash album
>Ride The Lightning
really good thrash album, varied tracks and album progression with good songwriting
>Master Of Puppets
RTL 2, though not actually quite as good as RTL to be honest (leper messiah isn't that great for "the best thrash album" imo) so a bit overrated, but still really good album.
>And Justice For All
songwriting is a bit all over the place but decent i guess
>Metallica
catchy streamlined metal, came out at the right time - really decent hooky metal
>Load
Actually a really underrated alternative blues metal type album, drags on a bit but tons of killer songs, honestly
>Reload
Just Load B-Sides, starts off well then draggggs
>St. Anger
Misunderstood - if the song times were halved and the producton was made a bit more clear (but still with clangy snare) and less muddy this'd be great.
>Death Magnetic
throwback album - does what it does really, kinda thrashy, kinda not, but yeah it's good.

To be honest I was gonna say Metallica was an overrated band but in terms of songwriting and marketability to the masses - they are tops.
For your true Sodom thrash metal type fan, maybe not that great.
>>
>>61556346

love them from Kill em All to And Justice, black album is just meh, the rest is shit
>>
garbage

it's the type of band people started wearing band shirts of because for some reason it ("it" being metal band tees)has been trendy for the past couple months

They're basically Megadeth but for for little bitches
>>
>>61557280
so you don't like a band because it's selling merchandise?
>>
>>61557965
>liking consumerism attitude.
>>
File: me_irl.png (560KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl.png
560KB, 600x778px
>>61557280
>implying megadeth isn't the only bad band in the big 4
>>
Kill em all is their only good album
>>
File: lulu.jpg (46KB, 520x657px) Image search: [Google]
lulu.jpg
46KB, 520x657px
I really like some of their trash work, ESPECIALLY Ride The Lightning which is pretty fantastic.

Also, they managed to do the unexpected and come out with a brave experimental album that is also good.
>>
one of the uncoolest bands alive today, which is a shame as they were quite dangerous when I was 16 drinking cider in my mates shed.
>>
>>61557280

dave is a little bitch, that's why he was kicked out
>>
>>61558812
Killing is my Business, Peace Sells, and Rust in Peace are way better than anything Metallica ever made.
>>
Their first 4 albums are among metal's best

Master of Puppets improved upon everything Ride the Lightning did

Somewhere during the Load and Reload era Metallica became a parody of themselves
>>
>>61559350

rust in peace is decent but the other two are shit
>>
I like many of their songs, but I'm not really into metal anymore, so I can't say how their recent one was.
I think St. Anger wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. Dirty Window, Shoot me again and Sweet Amber are among my favourite Metallica songs. St. Anger and The unnamed feeling are ok too.
>>
>>61556620
>They were a top-tier trash band.
>Then Cliff died.
>They then released some listenable albums till the Black one.

>"some" listenable albums

So...and justice for all?

Also I'm down with Metallica. First 4 albums are top tier, Load and Reload have a full albums worth of decent song mixed in with shit.
Garage Inc. is great, St. Anger is awful, and Death Magnetic was a step back in the right direction but kinda shitty.
>>
>>61559393
Peace Sells is the best to be honest
>>
>>61557014
Agree with pretty much all of this. I probably rate Kill 'Em All and Leper Messiah a bit higher than you do though.
>>
>>61558812
>Implying Slayer is good
>>
>>61556346
There's a metal containment general these threads
>>
>>61559393
Show me a Metallica song with a riff as good as Killing is my Business... And Business is Good or My Last Words, or with dynamics as solid as Rattlehead or Peace Sells, or melodies as catchy as Hangar 18 or Tornado of Souls.

With Master if Pupoets, Metallica showed that they really can't write anything except long songs with boring riffs that have no support from the bass or drums. They just plod along in tepid mediocrity.
>>
>>61556702
It's not like Cliff is God or anything, but after Cliff died they became trash.
>>
>>61559393
Peace sells is almost perfect and probably their best work fuck off
>>
>>61559439
You have bad taste friendo but thats okay
>>
>>61556702

replace cliff with dave and that's you and most of the rest in this thread
>>
Went to shit after they ran out of Mustaine's material to steal.
>>
>>61560314

>implying it wasn't ron mcgovney's

no one gives him credit ever
>>
>>61560517
We know Mustaine could write riffs though, because he continued to write amazing ones for 4 albums after he left Metallica.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.