[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Do People Hate Death Grips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (136KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 1136x640px
Why Do People Hate Death Grips?
>>
>>61554323
>Becuz It's just a homeless black man singing over shitty beats
>>
because they are plebs and think because everyone on /mu/ knows about them its somehow bad music
>>
>why do peoole pretend to hate death grips
ftfy

also they do it for internet cool points basically
>>
>>61554402
See>>61554377
>>
>>61554323
lots of reasons
most of them bad ones
some have actual reasons
>>
>>61554402
/thread
>>
>>61554323
people who hate death grips have ingrained anti-art meme sensibilities, primitive grasp on aesthetics, lack of sophistication, are underage, still living in the matrix etc
>>
People hate the autistic fanbase, if you don't enjoy a particular niche of music indifference is the normal response
>>
who hates death grips?

if its anyone here its because the "normies" like deathgrips
>>
File: invisiblelawnmower.jpg (48KB, 517x367px) Image search: [Google]
invisiblelawnmower.jpg
48KB, 517x367px
my reasons are as follows

1. i don't care for hip-hop in the first place because:
a. it emphasizes lyrics and the lyrics aren't good enough to stand alone
b. the remaining musical accompaniment emphasizes rhythm which isn't enough for me

2. their music is not as fresh as it seems, even though it might seem so from a strictly hip-hop perspective (dalek/atari teenage riot/mark stewart being the most obvious antecedents)

3. actually i have no reason to hate death grips. there are a million bands i couldn't care less about, just as them. but too many music communities are wasting too much of their and my time on death grips which grows to be very annoying. yeah, so it's an "i hate the fanbase" phenomenon, but that's usually how it goes with overpopular mediocrity
>>
It's mostly a backlash to their shitty fan base that was at a Tyler the Creator fan base level of cringe.
>>
>>61556312
This is the actual answer
>>
>>61556483
>>61556312
Correct answer as to why theyre disliked and entirely acceptable opinion

Good stuff
>>
>>61556312
This.
I am physically incapable of giving a fuck about death grips one way or the other.
I'm sure they're dope for people who like to listen to them.
I just don't listen to them.
>>
>Man yelling about being crazy over fax machine noises

Truly amazing group.
>>
>>61554323
because its a cool meme :^)
>>
>>61554323
Why Do You Type Like A Fag?
>>
hating Death Grips is a meme

literally everyone I talk to likes Death Grips when I play it for them
>>
>>61556312
this
>>
>>61554323
They're music is just plain shit. It's not enjoyable to listen to, it doesn't spark up anything. It's just a homeless black guy spewing shit.
>>
>>61554323
they got big outside /mu/, so all the impressionable teenagers' contrarian reflex kicked in and suddenly they're a meme now

OR they just didn't like them to begin with, which is called having an opinion and not rly a big deal
>>
>>61557853
Government plates is garbage
>>
File: 1436815990855.jpg (913KB, 3240x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1436815990855.jpg
913KB, 3240x1350px
>>61557853
The "impressionable teenage contrarians" you describe, never liked them or understood them to begin with. They just wanted to be seen liking them. These people are poseurs/pedestrians.

Like you said there are also obviously people who just don't care about them in general, but they're a completely different bunch and far removed from what I mentioned above

Everywhere you look there are herd mentalities and it kind of sucks because it breeds and rewards inauthenticity and caters to upboating trend orbiters with built in reddit-sensibilities

in many ways, what you call a contrarian reflex, is actually an orbiter reflex that's naturally built into plens and drones

/mu/ needs more meta hipster t͏͏b͏͏h
>>
>>61554323
its not that i just hate Death Grips, i hate ALL memes
>>
>>61554323
It's not good. He has 1 good song.
>>
>>61558709
*glass breaks*
>>
>>61554402
>people are not enjoying what I like ?
>well then, they probably are faking it !!!!11!1
>>
>>61558927
*lion roars"
>>
There are definitely people who just dislike them and that's fine but those people aren't usually the ones you see meming around. I mean why should they? They have no reason to, they're not even interested in the matter in the first place.

A lot of /mu/tants liked Death Grips and now they're ashamed that they "have" liked it because it got relatively popular. That's about it.
>>
>>61559094
>A lot of /mu/tants liked Death Grips and now they're ashamed that they "have" liked it because it got relatively popular. That's about it.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Those people you mention "who used to like Death Grips", never actually liked them in the first place. They are orbiters and just wanted to been liking them.
>>
>>61559158
>wanted to been
wanted to be seen
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.