[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I often had issues with the lyricism they use in rap songs, especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I often had issues with the lyricism they use in rap songs, especially because they sing about things that are really shallow and i highly disagree with.

But, thinking about it, they just try to show things from the eyes of a villain, which is why such a shallow language is being used, like what a villain would use. i'm not going to agree with the things they sing about, the same way i'm not going to make an altar for satan and worship the devil because of a black metal album.

Musicially this is a really good album
>>
1. No shit
2. That's a bad album
>>
>>61553107
That's your opinion.
I think it's really good ~
>>
>>61553079
I like this tripfag
>>
AUTIST REVIEW FORCE, GOOOOOO!!!!
>>
>>61553079
this is a meme, ice cube's the predator absolutely destroys this in quality
>>
>>61553127
Again, i disagree. i think this is genuinely a great album.

I only heard AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted by Ice Cube, which was also really good
>>
Villains are inherently simpletons? That makes no sense. Things aren't that simple.
Not only that, but hip-hop culture puts a lot of stock in authenticity. People will quickly shun a rapper if he talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. If he is singing about being a villain he better be a villain.
>>
>>61553079
>Musicially this is a really good album
They don't even play any instruments.
>>
>>61553157
I'm not sayings villains are essentially like that, but the type of villain-hood they try to present in those albums is the "shallow" and "street" type of villain.

And i really hope you are wrong about hip hop culture. i hope they are nice people in real life and not actually the villains they sing about...

>>61553199
I do not care how something was created, i only care about the result of how it sounds like. the fact it's made from sampling is not relevant.
>>
>>61553220
*I'm not saying villains are essentially like that
>>
>>61553112
>>>/reddit/
>>
Honestly i started listening to the album before i made this thread and made this thread about halfway through the album. now that i'm at the end of the album, well, i still think it's enjoyable and pretty good but it kind of needed more variety in my opinion.

I would rate it 7/10+

(I still find the type of culture they sing about to be repulsive, to be honest. but, good music can be made about repulsive subjects.)
>>
I feel uncomfortable.

I feel quite uncomfortable because unlike the themes of metal albums, where things are obviously fantasy, the things are not as obvious with albums like this and the social implications of people singing and glorifying criminals are terrible.

Also, honestly, i don't really like hearing about criminals as much as i love hearing about the satanic themes metal albums sing about.

I maybe give this album a 7, but i do it with a sour feeling towards it.
>>
>>61553079

The whole point of this album was to parody the 'street villain' meme prevalent in the late 80's which was in-contrast to the 'socially conscious' hip-hop that was being made at the time. That's why the lyrics were so over-the-top. People thought they were serious, they got copied ad infinitum as a new form of 'social commentary', a new genre was born.

Amazing in this day-and-age people still don't know this, but those of us who were around when it dropped can tell you exactly what happened (and why) instead of having to rely on revisionists' versions of history.
>>
It's even worse when you realise dre literally copied bomb squad's public enemy sound, but they replaced the empowering lyrics with gangsta patter, and they weren't even tucking gangsters

Glamourising criminality without taking any personal risk, for easy money

Morally and artistically bankrupt
>>
File: Mobb Deep.jpg (721KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mobb Deep.jpg
721KB, 1000x1000px
I've always kind of compared hip-hop and metal/hardcore in the sense that these styles of music often talk about the extremer topics in life.
I've never looked at it like anything other than art, not do I care if an artist is true to his imagery and lyrics.

That being sad, that album is kinda lacking.
Listen to pic related is you want some dark rap that covers the great depression that comes with being a villain. (also the beats are dank)
>>
>>61554161
Go to bed, Derrin Zikks
>>
>>61554205
fuck, so many typos
sorry bout that
>>
>>61553157
>People will quickly shun a rapper if he talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

False. Kool G. Rap is a PERFECT example of why that reasoning is fictitious.

Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WC9kD8Yn20

What matter to hip-hop fans is lyricism + beats/production. 'Realism' is something invented in the 90's due to corporations taking over production and telling rappers what to say in order to make money. That's what we mean when differentiating between 'real' and 'fake' MC's. If it were truly about being 'real' then Rick Ross and Drake wouldn't sell anything.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1sxZ4tsp8gc
>>
>>61554206

It's 9:40 AM here and I just woke up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.