[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does anyone take this guy seriously again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot at Jan 07 02-47-39.png (97KB, 696x290px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Jan 07 02-47-39.png
97KB, 696x290px
how does anyone take this guy seriously again
>>
le dadrock is le bad am i le rite guise???
xDDD
>>
>>61550456
guns n roses isnt dadrock
>>
>>61550456
So you actually like guns n roses?
and more specifically, chinese democracy?
>>
File: 6589.png (537KB, 710x632px) Image search: [Google]
6589.png
537KB, 710x632px
>>61550488
>>
File: donut.jpg (30KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
donut.jpg
30KB, 500x377px
>>61550516
>>
if you don't like at least a handful of tracks off appetite for destruction you have shit taste
>>
can we stop taking music reviews seriously already? seriously, ALL of them are bad, there literally is no point to them unless you use it to find new music, music is fucking subjective so you can just go and listen to it and form your own opinion rather than caring about what some old pedophile piece of shit thinks about an album
>>
>>61550541
>if you like at least a handful of tracks off appetite for destruction you have shit taste
FTFY
>>
>>61550548
I don't understand the individualistic mindset some people have when it comes to reading criticism. You'd never hear of a student of classical music refusing to look at their history textbook for fear of being brainwashed into liking something or other. The entire notion is silly.

You only encounter it in people who listen to pop music. I can only assume it's an overcompensation for an insecurity. Like, they know that the main basis of their preferences is social or other conditioned behavior, and by refusing to read reviews they can push the cognitive dissonance out and will themselves back into believing they're special snowflakes.

Bottom line: if you don't read music criticism (and criticism and "reviews" are separate, as one is corporate-sponsored and the other is academic) you are more ignorant than someone who does.
>>
>>61550569
i know you're trying to distance yourself from your dad right now and carve out your own identity, so i'll let it slide. give it a few years, give appetite another spin, and you'll see that i'm correct. good night and god bless.
>>
>>61550597
my dad doesn't even like guns n roses
he has pretty /mu/ approved taste tbqh
>>
>>61550631
i guess shit taste is genetic
>>
I mean a joke around and exaggerate on /mu/ why "Guns 'n' Roses" are shit lol" but I actually see why people like them even though I personally don't. Tons of good reviews properly explaining their viewpoints
>>
>>61550666
my pops has great taste
brian eno
the velvet underground
king crimson
xtc
gang of four
neil young
bob dylan

he's pretty open minded to whatever i show him too. on thanksgiving we were listening to venom's black metal together
>>
>>61550548
see
>>61550708
>Tons of good reviews properly explaining their viewpoints

the point of music criticism isn't to be told what to like, it's to engage with another perspective on a work of music. kind of like discussing an album with a friend, or, i don't know, posting on fucking /mu/. the difference between that and a music critic is that (ideally) the music critic is more intelligent and knowledgeable and can provide a more interesting perspective than your average music fan.
>>
>>61550488
are u retarded
>>
>>61550456
I don't think AFD is a bad album, but given his rating system I think there are literally thousands of better albums with lower scores

It's just a fun hard rock album. Considering this is the guy who wrote the Beatles rant about how sales =/= quality, the fact that he scores this so highly is a joke
>>
Those are all fantastic albums. Even CD
>>
....but nobody takes scaruffi seriously

OP is fag
>>
>>61550735
is your dad scaruffi?
>>
>>61551225
basically. he's even italian too
>>
>>61550423
Yeah, Spaghetti Incident is way too low.
Probably was offended that the Spaghetti on the cover did not look very "al dente".
>>
afd and cd are good but the illusions are kinda gash desu
>>
>>61550423
shit taste OP
>>
>>61550423
hes right maybe not about the score but appetite for destruction is mint
>>
>>61550423
Those are good albums
>>
>>61550516
>>61550993
not him but my dad was way too old when gnr came out
>>
>>61550423

>how does anyone take this guy seriously again
wtf are you about, he do opionated reviews not descriptive ones
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 249x25px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 249x25px
why isnt this higher than guns and roses
>>
>>61553250
Because Your dumb
>>
>>61550570
A scholar writing a history textbook has far better credentials and will presumably be writing in a more impartial way than a pop music reviewer with no formal education and in the case of Scaruffi, doesn't even know how to play an instrument, let alone describe an artist's work in any meaningful critical way.
You can place value in what little he has to say if you wish, but comparing him to an academic's review of a period or artist is ridiculous because they're not the same thing.
>>
>>61553250
>muh macho guitar wankery
>>
>>61553303
hey i can do that too
>>
>>61553303
>muh fag meme music
>>
>>61550423
are you saying it's too low or too high?
>>
>>61553269
no you're mom
>>
>>61553230
that doesn't make up for the fact that old gnr fans are now annoying dads
>>
>>61550423
>/mu/ universally shits on cock rock and nu-metal
>except when Scaruffi starts defending it

ayy lmao
>>
why do you people only care about the numbers? it's the texts that are the real pearls:
>Appetite For Destruction (1987) was as harrowing an experience as being catapulted into a dark narrow alley of the worst Los Angeles neighborhood. [...] indulged in unbridled concertos of screeching and reckless riffs. The noise, the energy, the lyrics transformed each song into a bloody fistfight.
sounds pretty cool but alas this is not what the album does
>Use Your Illusion (1991) added artistic pretensions to the rebellious spirit of their performances, and, in a sense, declared the band's mission impossible.
artistic pretensions my ass. now adding synths and violins is artistic? ffs scruffy

>>61553250
van halen is pretty funny too
>In the United States a band bridged, like no other, the worlds of new wave and of heavy-metal: Van Halen, destined to become the first heavy-metal band ever to top the charts. Formed in Los Angeles by Holland-born virtuoso guitarist Eddie Van Halen (an acrobat of hammering chords, exhausting vibratos, melodic riffs and Hendrix-ian glissandos) and vocalist and sex-symbol David Lee Roth, they streamlined the genre on Van Halen (1978), making it more appealing to the everykid [...]

so basically he sees afd as something really scary and original but van halen as just pop metal
>>
>>61555770
>now adding synths and violins is artistic?

No, but it certainly is pretentious. He's right there.
>>
>>61555788
yeah but why would that be a good thing. i mean he gave it a 7
>>
because compared to other online reviewers/sites like Fantano, P4K and NME, he's pretty good
>>
>David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.

>Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.

This is the most appropiate review ever. I dont know why do you guys never talk about this review.
>>
>>61550423
even your mother pitchfork rated appetite for destruction 10 years ago
>>
>>61555968
i really like that but i don't get why he concludes it is "what went wrong with rock music". rock music was always commercial. even the most rebellious ones wanted to make money (lou reed and iggy pop come to mind). only when punk showed up did that become a thing.
>>
Guns n' Roses is older cousin core
>>
>>61556039
how old are you? older cousins are dads tbqh
>>
File: scaruffi.png (78KB, 258x204px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.png
78KB, 258x204px
WHY ARE THERE AGE LIMITS?
WHY CAN'T I MARRY A 12-YEAR-OLD?
>>
>>61550488
my dad's favorite band is GnR, tell me it isn't dad rock
>>
>>61550456
well yeah it is
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.